The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Oh ****. I've actually seen Vitesse play this season - was in Amsterdam and saw an Ajax game. They absolutely spanked them away from home. Lots of Chelsea almosts knocking about.

who spanked whom?? hopefully it was Vitesse getting the spanking, as winning away at Ajax is a bit scary.............

No, the ground is South of the Lower Rhine, a decent trip over the John Frost bridge. It would be a pretty long walk from centre of town out there. Not much out by the ground.

2.8km, half hour walk. Number 7 or 331 bus will do it in about 4 minutes with a few minutes walking either end, but there's only one every half hour (apart from 7-8pm on the day of the match, cunningly).

who spanked whom?? hopefully it was Vitesse getting the spanking, as winning away at Ajax is a bit scary.............

Nothing major for us to worry about, they have a bit turnover of players every season and they usually take time to gel. Some of their loanees might not even pitch up until later in August if Mourinho decides it's better for Chelsea that we stay in Europe...

During regular Eredivisie games Vitesse offers direct transportation towards GelreDome with public transport services. I got the following from the Vitesse site:

Public transport

Breng (public transport company) Takes care of transportation around the home matches of Vitesse. This season the season card holders may use, on presentation of their season ticket, free of charge (shuttle) bus on game days. This starts about two hours before the game until two hours after the final whistle. Do you have a day pass? Then you have to pay for the bus fare.

Overview shuttles:

Between NS Station Arnhem and Gelredome is well ahead of the game and after shuttled back and forth;

From Rijkerswoerd departs 80 minutes before the game, the first bus. This then drives every half hour;

From Geitenkamp leaves about an hour before the game one bus to Gelredome;

From Duiven (neighbourhood Schapenweide) departs from two hours before the match, every fifteen minutes one bus to Gelredome. This bus also stops at the Vergert Laan (Duiven), Duiven railway station, Arnhem, and Westervoort.

After the match, you can find the shuttle buses on the forecourt of the Gelredome. Below an overview:

Perron A> Station Arnhem.

Perron B> reserve platform

Perron C> Westervoort & Duiven

Perron D> Rijkerswoerd & de Laar

Perron E> Velp South

(90% Google translate, i hope you understand most of it)

I do have to point out this applied to last season. I'm pretty sure this service will be available for this game but I can't promiss it. If there is more information about this I will post it as soon as possible.

During regular Eredivisie games Vitesse offers direct transportation towards GelreDome with public transport services. I got the following from the Vitesse site:

Public transport

Breng (public transport company) Takes care of transportation around the home matches of Vitesse. This season the season card holders may use, on presentation of their season ticket, free of charge (shuttle) bus on game days. This starts about two hours before the game until two hours after the final whistle. Do you have a day pass? Then you have to pay for the bus fare.

Overview shuttles:

Between NS Station Arnhem and Gelredome is well ahead of the game and after shuttled back and forth;

From Rijkerswoerd departs 80 minutes before the game, the first bus. This then drives every half hour;

From Geitenkamp leaves about an hour before the game one bus to Gelredome;

From Duiven (neighbourhood Schapenweide) departs from two hours before the match, every fifteen minutes one bus to Gelredome. This bus also stops at the Vergert Laan (Duiven), Duiven railway station, Arnhem, and Westervoort.

After the match, you can find the shuttle buses on the forecourt of the Gelredome. Below an overview:

Perron A> Station Arnhem.

Perron B> reserve platform

Perron C> Westervoort & Duiven

Perron D> Rijkerswoerd & de Laar

Perron E> Velp South

(90% Google translate, i hope you understand most of it)

I do have to point out this applied to last season. I'm pretty sure this service will be available for this game but I can't promiss it. If there is more information about this I will post it as soon as possible.

Brilliant stuff, thanks for sharing that. Bus from the station before the match and then back from "A" afterwards then!

Cheers, nice one. Have just registered on their website. As that is by the half-way line it would be pretty mightily impressive if it was almost wholly Saints fans in there.

Having not seen the seating plan before I am bewildered why everyone has gone for the half way line rather than as near to the away section as possible. Amazing what people will do when a ticket is cheap.

In other news, good to know Vitesse are only going to charge us £10 in the away section too (based on the UEFA regulations, as opposed to nothing anyone has actually posted). I recall getting a refund of sorts via Lowe when UEFA found out Steaua had charged their fans £2 and us £25. :D

Having not seen the seating plan before I am bewildered why everyone has gone for the half way line rather than as near to the away section as possible. Amazing what people will do when a ticket is cheap.

In other news, good to know Vitesse are only going to charge us £10 in the away section too (based on the UEFA regulations, as opposed to nothing anyone has actually posted). I recall getting a refund of sorts via Lowe when UEFA found out Steaua had charged their fans £2 and us £25. :D

Our fans are generally a pretty well-behaved bunch, but if i was Vitesse and the local dibble, I'd be getting pretty nervous about what seems to be a fairly significant number of tickets having been sold to fans living in England. They'd probably be better off stopping home fans from buying in blocks 120- 122, so that it can be a dedicated overflow area for Saints fans. Not sure what they'd do about the concourses at half-time though........

Is it still possible to get tickets in 122? I'd imagine saints fans will start buying in 123 & 124 now, so there will most likely be a large away following in these home areas once 122 is fully booked. A mate of mine tried earlier and he reckons 122 is now sold out....true or not I don't know? if this is the case that would be staggering

just booked my tickets in block 122 and a cheap hotel in the city - now I have to figure out how to get there.............

Eurostar from St Pancras plus local trains after Brussells to Arnhem = £84 return if booked on this site: https://www.nsinternational.nl/?utm_source=ns.nl&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=internationaalreizen&utm_campaign=alg_ns_web (compared with £174 to Amsterdam on the Eurostar site) See you in Block 122!

I wouldn't be surprised if they click on to the plan Monday morning due to the large numbers being booked and knock it in the head!

You can just imagine the slightly surreal situation of Saints fans on here selling home end tickets to each other, when some of them have been able to get tickets in the (official) away end.

Though the unofficial away end may carry slightly more kudos....

I can see there being all kinds of problems if they don't do something to resolve it. Most logical would be to reserve the whole away end for Saints fans, and have early checks outside and unallocated seating for Saints fans with block 122 etc tickets on the day, also reallocating any Vitesse fans into 120-122.

Frankly they've already made a huge arse up of it though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they just refused to honour any tickets to be sent to English addresses.

Eurostar from St Pancras plus local trains after Brussells to Arnhem = £84 return if booked on this site: https://www.nsinternational.nl/?utm_source=ns.nl&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=internationaalreizen&utm_campaign=alg_ns_web (compared with £174 to Amsterdam on the Eurostar site) See you in Block 122!

That's a useful link I didn't know about, does it also work on the Belgian b-europe site? Seems to be the same engine running the site. Might come in handy for Euro 2016...

I can see there being all kinds of problems if they don't do something to resolve it. Most logical would be to reserve the whole away end for Saints fans, and have early checks outside and unallocated seating for Saints fans with block 122 etc tickets on the day, also reallocating any Vitesse fans into 120-122.

Frankly they've already made a huge arse up of it though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they just refused to honour any tickets to be sent to English addresses.

It kicked off with PSV back in January when visiting fans grabbed tickets in the home end. People piling in and thumping them etc. (including the security!!)

It kicked off with PSV back in January when visiting fans grabbed tickets in the home end. People piling in and thumping them etc. (including the security!!)

Hardly a surprise is it, I remember Plymouth v Saints when we scored the first goal to get out of L1 (nearly) and the bloke in the home section to the right of the away fans got bundled down the stairs. It's just silly to expect that it won't cause a heap of problems.

Really hard to call how it will work out, the Dutch can be really laid back and tolerant, almost overly friendly, but I've also seen them go the other way when it comes to football with heavy handed policing. I think if anything its better if more and more saints buy in the same area - the sheer numbers will mean its not worth their while trying to stop everyone getting in and the locals and stewards will have to put up with it.

One precedent for this - Fulham v Wisla Krakow in Europa league, massive numbers of Poles in one area of home end, as game wasn't sold out Fulham invited home fans to move to other parts of the ground virtually sanctioning an unofficial away end.

From what I've read about Arnhem its a friendly enough club so don't think our fans need to worry too much, just don't act up in the home end family section as would understand them quite rightly having a pop. Fans can always choose to wear the Koeman orange t-shirts and wigs to merge in with the home crowd. :lol:

Will be interesting to see how many they bring over here and how that goes.

Good point. How it all goes in the first leg will determine how the Dutch authorities react to Saints fans over there. If it's all friendly then it'll bode well (well better anyway) for the return.

Well it's not going to stop people travelling as hundreds have already booked travel without knowing if they will get in, so they will have to make better provisions than just cancel and refund tickets

Why? The home end is for home fans, it's the same everywhere. Just because people have booked travel and accommodation it doesn't give them the right to attend the game.

Really hard to call how it will work out, the Dutch can be really laid back and tolerant, almost overly friendly, but I've also seen them go the other way when it comes to football with heavy handed policing. I think if anything its better if more and more saints buy in the same area - the sheer numbers will mean its not worth their while trying to stop everyone getting in and the locals and stewards will have to put up with it.

One precedent for this - Fulham v Wisla Krakow in Europa league, massive numbers of Poles in one area of home end, as game wasn't sold out Fulham invited home fans to move to other parts of the ground virtually sanctioning an unofficial away end.

From what I've read about Arnhem its a friendly enough club so don't think our fans need to worry too much, just don't act up in the home end family section as would understand them quite rightly having a pop. Fans can always choose to wear the Koeman orange t-shirts and wigs to merge in with the home crowd. :lol:

To be fair moving several hundred Wisla Krokow lunatics is a damn sight tougher than the Saints fans that'll be gathered in blocks 122 if our usual away support is anything to go by. It'll be middle aged women with tupperware boxes of fairycakes, blokes in clown suits and road cone hats, with the odd drunken fatty with his shirt over a hoodie not quite covering his gut.

Why? The home end is for home fans, it's the same everywhere. Just because people have booked travel and accommodation it doesn't give them the right to attend the game.

Well it depends how much they value the additional income of selling potentially another 1500 - 2000 Saints fans if rumours are to be believed that we are only getting 1200 tickets

Well it depends how much they value the additional income of selling potentially another 1500 - 2000 Saints fans if rumours are to be believed that we are only getting 1200 tickets

In which case hopefully the club are negotiating for a bigger allocation.

Someone said to me yesterday that the 4 blocks next to the away end aren't on sale. If this is true maybe we will get more than 1,200 tickets.

In which case hopefully the club are negotiating for a bigger allocation.

Someone said to me yesterday that the 4 blocks next to the away end aren't on sale. If this is true maybe we will get more than 1,200 tickets.

just checked their website and it looks like the 2 blocks in the mainstand next 2 the away end are reserved for saints fans also. If that is the case then the Vitesse poster who said he thought we would have a 1200 allocation will feel responsible if it royally kicks off in the home areas LOL

just checked their website and it looks like the 2 blocks in the mainstand next 2 the away end are reserved for saints fans also. If that is the case then the Vitesse poster who said he thought we would have a 1200 allocation will feel responsible if it royally kicks off in the home areas LOL

If these 2 blocks get assigned to you your home-end ticket will either be changed for a ticket to that area or they will move you to that place in the stadium.

Don't worry about things kicking off, if no one is provoking everything should be fine. Last season it went wrong with Ajax and PSV, at the Ajax game Ajax supporters where showing flags, singing along with the away-end etc. and it ended up in a little clash (which is a shame from both sides, since there are many children on that stand). At the PSV game nothing much happened between supporters, but stewards and police wanted them away to prevent an 'Ajax situation'. The violence from the police wasn't necessary.

If these 2 blocks get assigned to you your home-end ticket will either be changed for a ticket to that area or they will move you to that place in the stadium.

Don't worry about things kicking off, if no one is provoking everything should be fine. Last season it went wrong with Ajax and PSV, at the Ajax game Ajax supporters where showing flags, singing along with the away-end etc. and it ended up in a little clash (which is a shame from both sides, since there are many children on that stand). At the PSV game nothing much happened between supporters, but stewards and police wanted them away to prevent an 'Ajax situation'. The violence from the police wasn't necessary.

Just wait until we turn up. Going to smash up the town centre, take over your ground and clump anyone, women and children included in sight.

Just wait until we turn up. Going to smash up the town centre, take over your ground and clump anyone, women and children included in sight.

You sure you wont be struggling to stay awake inside the ground like you did in Spain last year? Or be smashed and in bed before kick off like you were in Blackpool 3 years ago?

You sure you wont be struggling to stay awake inside the ground like you did in Spain last year? Or be smashed and in bed before kick off like you were in Blackpool 3 years ago?

I'll cope this time. In Blackpool it was half time I was in bed by. I was ill........

Put some guys on the home stand to sweep up the lot, that is what we often do. Here at Vitesse for instance:

The best thing about the Vitesse away stand is that you can demolish it if you want. Vitesse's arch enemy NEC demonstrated this a few years ago:

But nah, I think fans in England can get along much better than here. Maybe not with their rivals, but with the rest it is no problem. We still have some catching up to do here.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})