The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

West Ham will be playing one of this lot:

Qäbälä FK (AZE)

KF Renova (MNE)

FC Lusitans (AND)

Newtown AFC (WAL)

FK Olimpic Sarajevo (BIH)

I suspect they'll be begging for Newtown or Lusitans of Andorra for convenience.

Whilst we are all hoping for Azerbaijan lol

I wonder if they're thinking of chartering a few planes and selling seats directly to fans?

that would be good use of the away fans fund, never mind free coaches to Swansea away, lets have a free flight to Kazakhstan

Things I don't like from the Q1R draw:

Georgia v Azerbaijan tie

Kazakhstan v Israel tie - both putting some way-too-long haul sides into the 2QR.

West Ham's gimme.

Things I like:

Luxembourg v Wales

Malta v Wales

keeping interesting but tangibly poor teams in it until the next round (I mean Luxembourg and Malta, I assure you getting to Bala is probably more hassle than anything west of Germany, north of St Etienne and east of Spain).

Edited by The9

Are they allowed to move it? Andorra's national stadium has a 4G pitch and a bigger capacity, that would have to be preferable for them. Fairly easy to get to from Barcelona.

I can see quite a few West Ham fans taking up crash courses in rock climbing if they stick to their home ground.

CIGjGcKWcAA_P0i.jpg

With Differdange drawing Bala, suewhistle's dream tie is slightly closer...

That made me laugh! You understand it's the economic imperative for those of us with limited incomes: we'll leave Khazakstan or wherever to you rich bu**ers; unless the club charters are going to be really cheap! :-)

Christ! I used to play in a bigger ground than the one in Trouser's photo.. (http://www.101sport.net/asdaostasarre/photogallery.aspx)

That made me laugh! You understand it's the economic imperative for those of us with limited incomes: we'll leave Khazakstan or wherever to you rich bu**ers; unless the club charters are going to be really cheap! :-)

Christ! I used to play in a bigger ground than the one in Trouser's photo.. (http://www.101sport.net/asdaostasarre/photogallery.aspx)

Rich I ain't, but hell yes my priorities are properly sh!tted up. I'm not actually sure what I want - I think a nice Baltic state or somewhere near but different will be good for the 3QR, then as long as we get someone beatable in the next round I don't care where it is. After that, Group stages are more likely to be bigger clubs with decent transport links.

As for the ground, me too, but we should probably save Turkish the time of needing to remind us people may have seen us mention it before. Then again, I've scored at St Mary's and Dean Court too, two Prem grounds. :D

Second qualifying round draw

FK Kukësi (ALB)/FC Torpedo Zhodino (BLR) v FK Mladost Podgorica (MNE)/Neftçi PFK (AZE)

FK Atlantas Klaipėda (LTU)/PFC Beroe Stara Zagora (BUL) v Brøndby IF (DEN)/AC Juvenes/Dogana (SMR)

FC Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)/Shamrock Rovers FC (IRL) v FC Sheriff (MDA)/Odds BK (NOR)

AUK Broughton FC (WAL)/NK Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO) v PAOK FC (GRE)

Cork City FC (IRL)/KR Reykjavík (ISL) v Víkingur (FRO)/Rosenborg BK (NOR)

Hapoel Beer Sheva FC v FC Thun

Europa FC (GIB)/ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK) v University College Dublin AFC (IRL)*/F91 Dudelange (LUX)

VPS Vaasa (FIN)/AIK Solna (SWE) v FC Shirak (ARM)/HŠK Zrinjski (BIH)

FK Crvena zvezda (SRB)/FC Kairat Almaty (KAZ) v Alashkert FC (ARM)/Saint Johnstone FC (SCO)

Go Ahead Eagles (NED)*/Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) v Balzan FC (MLT)/FK Željezničar (BIH)

Legia Warszawa (POL) v FC Botoşani (ROU)/Tskhinvali (GEO)

MTK Budapest (HUN)/FK Vojvodina (SRB) v FK Spartaks Jūrmala (LVA)/FK Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)

SP La Fiorita (SMR)/FC Vaduz (LIE) v FC Aktobe (KAZ)/Nõmme Kalju FC (EST)

KF Renova (MNE)/FC Dacia Chisinau (MDA) v Glentoran FC (NIR)/MŠK Žilina (SVK)

FK Kruoja Pakruojis (LTU)/Jagiellonia Białystok (POL) v FC Dinamo Batumi (GEO)/AC Omonia (CYP)

FK Jelgava (LVA)/PFC Litex Lovech (BUL) v FC Flora Tallinn (EST)/FK Rabotnicki (MKD)

FK Mladá Boleslav v FK Partizani (ALB)/Strømsgodset IF (NOR)

SJK Seinäjoki (FIN)/FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL) v KF Laçi (ALB)/İnter Bakı PİK (AZE)

NK Domžale (SVN)/FK Čukarički (SRB) v FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)/Qäbälä FK (AZE)

PFC Cherno More Varna v FC Dinamo Minsk

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC v FC Astra Giurgiu

Glenavon FC (NIR)/FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) v Wolfsberger AC

HNK Rijeka v KF Shkëndija (MKD)/Aberdeen FC (SCO)

FK Olimpic Sarajevo (BIH)/FC Spartak Trnava (SVK) v NSÍ Runavík (FRO)/Linfield FC (NIR)

Trabzonspor AŞ v FC Differdange 03 (LUX)/Bala Town FC (WAL)

FC Lusitans (AND)/West Ham United FC (ENG)* v Birkirkara FC (MLT)/Ulisses FC (ARM)

FC København v Newtown AFC (WAL)/Valletta FC (MLT)

R. Charleroi SC v FC Ordabasy Shymkent (KAZ)/Beitar Jerusalem FC (ISL)

FC Saxan (MDA)/Apollon Limassol FC (CYP) v FK Trakai (LTU)/HB Tórshavn (FRO)

NK Celje (SVN)/WKS Śląsk Wrocław (POL) v IFK Göteborg

UE Sant Julià (AND)/Randers FC (DEN) v FC Lahti (FIN)/IF Elfsborg (SWE)

Víkingur Reykjavík (ISL)/NK Koper v JK Sillamäe Kalev (EST)/HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)

Skonto FC (LVA)/Saint Patrick's Athletic FC (IRL) v Debreceni VSC (HUN)/FK Sutjeska (MNE)

I can see quite a few West Ham fans taking up crash courses in rock climbing if they stick to their home ground.

CIGjGcKWcAA_P0i.jpg

Saints fans have already viewed a European (friendly) game from a rock, I think this was in Sweden a few seasons ago.

IMG_0657.JPG

Article in The Grauniad about West Ham in the Europa.. "We’ll be pricing the games to sell them out and anticipate very large gates from the early rounds on. Our supporters are very excited.”

I imagine Saints will do very similar, and it'll be good to see a few more kids in the ground.

Things I don't like from the Q1R draw:

Georgia v Azerbaijan tie

Kazakhstan v Israel tie - both putting some way-too-long haul sides into the 2QR.

West Ham's gimme.

Things I like:

Luxembourg v Wales

Malta v Wales

keeping interesting but tangibly poor teams in it until the next round (I mean Luxembourg and Malta, I assure you getting to Bala is probably more hassle than anything west of Germany, north of St Etienne and east of Spain).

Not worth over analysing the 1st round draw without the context of the 2nd round draw that was made shortly afterwards, in this case I'd expect Belgian side Charleroi to beat the winner of Kazakh / Israel tie.

Our friends from the far east FC Kairat (KAZ) near the chinese border will probably lose to Red Star Belgrade, shame as a tough trip would be better , proper adventure

Not worth over analysing the 1st round draw without the context of the 2nd round draw that was made shortly afterwards, in this case I'd expect Belgian side Charleroi to beat the winner of Kazakh / Israel tie.

Our friends from the far east FC Kairat (KAZ) near the chinese border will probably lose to Red Star Belgrade, shame as a tough trip would be better , proper adventure

Yeah, true, but without viewing it in isolation it's just another 4 weeks of waiting :)

Plus you must have missed my "getting to Kazakhstan" comments above, absolute nightmare travel times and lack of connections. Good job the club are considering travel options!

Article in The Grauniad about West Ham in the Europa.. "We’ll be pricing the games to sell them out and anticipate very large gates from the early rounds on. Our supporters are very excited.”

I imagine Saints will do very similar, and it'll be good to see a few more kids in the ground.

I don't expect they will be pricing them as competitively as the League Cup or FA Cup games against L1/L2 opposition, though Thursday nights might have an impact.

A small case study as an example, Fulham did £5 behind the goal and £10 on the side for their qualifiers and some group stage Europa games and were rewarded with decent crowds by their standards, I went to all the home games some of the away followings were dreadful so I can see Saints selling virtually the whole Northam for games (like MK Dons JPT game)

Wreck it Ralph if you read this £5 tickets please.

That's the same link. They're both 2014/15 - if you found 2015/16 you probably deleted the wrong link.

Here you go: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Edited by The9

A small case study as an example, Fulham did £5 behind the goal and £10 on the side for their qualifiers and some group stage Europa games and were rewarded with decent crowds by their standards, I went to all the home games some of the away followings were dreadful so I can see Saints selling virtually the whole Northam for games (like MK Dons JPT game)

Wreck it Ralph if you read this £5 tickets please.

I'm not being funny, but both these teams were facing the prospect of playing fairly uncompetitive opponents for at least two rounds before they got to the stage we're entering at. It will depend on who we draw, but I'd expect us to get at least 25k on a Thursday night in late July in our first European match for 12 years if we were playing a load of Andorran sheep farmers (as West Ham sort of are). There's no need for us to market the pricing competitively. As long as we don't do something stupid like Cat A them, people will buy tickets at £30 and we'll shift loads.

Also, the first thing I remembered reading the regulations link above is the one time insistence by UEFA of not using the first row of seats, so that's 1000 off the capacity already if they're still doing that.

I am now reading the whole thing and will post quirky regulation-based crap for a while.

6.01 "Clubs agree to field their strongest team throughout the competition" is an interesting one.

7.05 "Visiting clubs undertake not to play any other matches when travelling to and

from away matches in this competition." - does that imply the team has to go back to Southampton before going on to Newcastle in early August, for instance? :o

8.02 Anti-doping "UEFA may test any player at any time."

11.01 "The original trophy, which is used for the official presentation ceremony at the

final and at other official events approved by UEFA, remains in UEFA’s keeping

and ownership at all times. A full-size replica trophy, the UEFA Europa League

winners' trophy, is awarded to the winning club."

11.02 "Any club which wins the competition three consecutive times or five times in total

receives a special mark of recognition. Once a cycle of three successive wins or

five in total has been completed, the club concerned starts a new cycle from zero."

11.04 "The winning team is presented with forty gold medals and the runner-up with

forty silver medals. Additional medals may not be produced."

13.03 If, for any unforeseen reason, any of the participants in

such rounds are not known at the time of the draw, the coefficient of the club

with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an undecided tie will be

used for the purposes of the draw.

We already know that one, seeing as the 3QR draw will be made half way through the 2QR.

13.04 For the qualifying phase and play-offs, a draw between the same number of

seeded and unseeded clubs determines the pairings... Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other

(So they can be in the group stages?? Or the last 32?).

Group stage fixture order is already confirmed!

Each club plays one home and one away match against each other club in its

group. Three points are awarded for a win, one for a draw, and none for a defeat.

The following match sequence applies:

Matchday 1: 2 v 3

4 v 1

Matchday 4: 1 v 3

4 v 2

Matchday 2: 1 v 2

3 v 4

Matchday 5: 3 v 2

1 v 4

Matchday 3: 3 v 1

2 v 4

Matchday 6: 2 v 1

4 v 3

I only looked at the regs to see that teams only had to give a minimum of 5% of capacity to away fans.

It's a bit different to the FA Cup, isn't it? :D

I haven't even got to the crap about banners or media areas yet...

Saints fans have already viewed a European (friendly) game from a rock, I think this was in Sweden a few seasons ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1710[/ATTACH]

i was there (nearly a home game for me) @ Kungshamnsvallen in Bohuslän , just up the coast from Gothenburg. I was boring enough to sit in the stands as apposed to on the rocks!

loved those summer matches.

I'm not being funny, but both these teams were facing the prospect of playing fairly uncompetitive opponents for at least two rounds before they got to the stage we're entering at. It will depend on who we draw, but I'd expect us to get at least 25k on a Thursday night in late July in our first European match for 12 years if we were playing a load of Andorran sheep farmers (as West Ham sort of are). There's no need for us to market the pricing competitively. As long as we don't do something stupid like Cat A them, people will buy tickets at £30 and we'll shift loads.
I think we'll have to keep our pricing on the cheap side, wouldn't see us getting 25k on a Thursday night at £30 a go playing Andorran amateurs.

I think we'll have to keep our pricing on the cheap side, wouldn't see us getting 25k on a Thursday night at £30 a go playing Andorran amateurs.

Mmm, I think we would, it's European football.

Though West Ham are taking care of that specific problem for us anyway.

Also, the first thing I remembered reading the regulations link above is the one time insistence by UEFA of not using the first row of seats, so that's 1000 off the capacity already if they're still doing that.

I am now reading the whole thing and will post quirky regulation-based crap for a while.

SMS front row seats are far enough back so that we don't have to lose any seats.

(i think)

West Ham charging £10 for adults for their 1st and 2nd round games.

i think we'll charge about that, perhaps the same as the Leverkusen game last season. we'll have tickets to shift for Everton at home 15th and August games have very rarely sold out.

Not true.

The only reason some clubs have done this is because the advertising boards for UEFA competitions are taller than the ones we use domestically, and so the views from the front rows would be obscured. I don't know whether the fact we now use electronic advertising boards in this country means the front rows become usable again or not.

West Ham charging £10 for adults for their 1st and 2nd round games.

Which is to be expected, and what we'll do IF we end up playing the equivalent of Andorran part-timers - but it's a lot less likely in the 3QR even as a seeded team. I think it'll be at least £20.

Not true.

The only reason some clubs have done this is because the advertising boards for UEFA competitions are taller than the ones we use domestically, and so the views from the front rows would be obscured. I don't know whether the fact we now use electronic advertising boards in this country means the front rows become usable again or not.

What's not true about it? There were UEFA regulations that teams couldn't use the front row of seats - it was due to the ad boards, but it was still a UEFA rule.

What's not true about it? There were UEFA regulations that teams couldn't use the front row of seats - it was due to the ad boards, but it was still a UEFA rule.

It was never a rule. Clubs in the UK (whose grounds are pretty much the only ones built in such a way that the front rows of seats are so low down) just didn't have any option but to not sell tickets in those seats because the view would have been practically zero.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})