The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

It was never a rule. Clubs in the UK (whose grounds are pretty much the only ones built in such a way that the front rows of seats are so low down) just didn't have any option but to not sell tickets in those seats because the view would have been practically zero.

There were loads of clubs all over Europe with this problem for years starting from the initial CL season.

For instance:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by The9

So West Ham could be given an allocation of 45 seats?! :lol:

I would be interested to know the chances of us playing in a stadium that small by the 3rdQ round.

By my reading of the rules. It also states that the away team must be given at least 200 tickets for VIPs/Sponsors etc. Whilst I'd imagine a compromise can be found, there must be some seriously small grounds in this competition and I guess there are a few away options where we could just get a couple of hundred tickets.

Think I will give it a swerve if we draw an Israeli side. One is a stones throw from the Gaza Strip, one in Jerusalem and the other on the Lebanon and Syria border. :scared:

Well done whoever put the map together.

Sounds ideal to me, any one on here fancy being the next Terry Waite? You can imagine it now on the news, group of saints fans arrested on a night train heading towards the Syria border suspected of trying to join ISIS. Proper away day that would be.

Sounds ideal to me, any one on here fancy being the next Terry Waite? You can imagine it now on the news, group of saints fans arrested on a night train heading towards the Syria border suspected of trying to join ISIS. Proper away day that would be.

Good thing Spurs aren't in the qualifying rounds. Imagine that trip with a yid army flag!? I can't see that ending well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I will give it a swerve if we draw an Israeli side. One is a stones throw from the Gaza Strip, one in Jerusalem and the other on the Lebanon and Syria border. :scared:

Getting out of Israel into a neighbouring country would be a truly impressive feat. :o

All dressed in fancy dress which is believed to be a disguise to slip the border control. Wigs, face paints, balloons and multi pairs of giant foam hands were seized by officers.

I'm in Jerusalem in August. When are the 3rd round games scheduled again chaps? My Mrs will get the surprise of her life if an evening out turns out to be a Saints Europa league game.

I'm in Jerusalem in August. When are the 3rd round games scheduled again chaps? My Mrs will get the surprise of her life if an evening out turns out to be a Saints Europa league game.

1st Leg is 30th July, 2nd Leg 6th August. We won't know whether we're home or away until 17th July, when we also find out who we (might) play in the 3QR.

Because the 2QR isn't complete until 23rd July, we'll only know the opponents immediately if we're drawn against an unseeded team that's also gone straight into the 3QR.

Play-Off Round dates are 20th and 27th August but even if we get through its unlikely we'll be seeded for that, and unless Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Hibernians of Malta in the CL 2QR and then lose in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round AND are seeded when we're not ijn the Play-Off round, there's no other Israeli sides we could face in that round (assuming, as is likely, that we're not seeded in the Play-Off round).

Edited by The9

Toughest game we could get in the 3rd round? They're all winnable really, but these look good enough to give us a game Brondby, Red Star Belgrade, Vitesse Arnhem, Dinamo Minsk, Slovan Bratislava, Sturm Graz.

Brondby and Vitesse probably the toughest.

1st Leg is 30th July, 2nd Leg 6th August. We won't know whether we're home or away until 17th July, when we also find out who we (might) play in the 3QR.

Because the 2QR isn't complete until 23rd July, we'll only know the opponents immediately if we're drawn against an unseeded team that's also gone straight into the 3QR.

Play-Off Round dates are 20th and 27th August but even if we get through its unlikely we'll be seeded for that, and unless Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Hibernians of Malta in the CL 2QR and then lose in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round AND are seeded when we're not ijn the Play-Off round, there's no other Israeli sides we could face in that round (assuming, as is likely, that we're not seeded in the Play-Off round).

If I'm reading Wikipedia properly, at the moment that is just AEK Larnaka FC (Cyprus), Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona Football Club (Israel), İstanbul Başakşehir F.K (Turkey), SA 2013 Târgu Mureș (Romania) and SC Rheindorf Altach (Austria) ??

Got that from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League#Third_qualifying_round

If I'm reading Wikipedia properly, at the moment that is just AEK Larnaka FC (Cyprus), Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona Football Club (Israel), İstanbul Başakşehir F.K (Turkey), SA 2013 Târgu Mureș (Romania) and SC Rheindorf Altach (Austria) ??

Got that from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League#Third_qualifying_round

I think there are three other teams, Aktobe, Wroclaw and Zilina.

Likely teams to reach round 3 of qualifying/teams that already have (We are seeded so will not face those below also seeded, leaving those in bold as possible opponents)

Torpedo (BLR)/Neftic (AZE)

Brondby IF

Odd BK (likely to be seeded)

PAOK (seeded)

Rosenborg (likely to be seeded)

Slovan Bratislava

AIK

Red Star Belgrade

Ferencvaros

Legia Warsaw (seeded)

Jagiellonia

Litex Lovech/Flora Talinn

Mlada Boleslav/Stromgodset

SJK/Inter Baku

Domzale/Qaballa

Cherno More/Dinamo Minsk

Inverness/Astra

Aktobe/Vaduz

MSK Zilina

Elfsborg (likely to be seeded)

Hajduk Split (likely to be seeded)

Debrecen

Wolfsberger

Rijeka (seeded)

Trnava

Trabonzspor (seeded)

West Ham (likely to be seeded)

Copenhagen (seeded)

Charleroi

Apollon

IFK Gothenburg

AEK Larnaca

Ironi Kiryat Shmona

Istanbul Basaksehir

Targu Mures

Rheindorf Altach

Unsure on seeding:

Apollon Limassol

Vitesse

Jablonec

FC Thun

Sturm Graz

So 8, out of a possible 29 opponents I think, not too bad odds, but not great.

Ignore me, you were right first time!

So not much chance of us knowing who we're going to play until a week beforehand. Ridiculous!

Pleasant surprise or 'you bas**rd!' surprise? ;-)

that would be a "not again, you bastard" type surprise.

My "you always find street food at its best at the football" line never fails to annoy, not does the trailing around town centres in the midday heat trying to find a ticket for the nights game.

Likely teams to reach round 3 of qualifying/teams that already have (We are seeded so will not face those below also seeded, leaving those in bold as possible opponents)

Torpedo (BLR)/Neftic (AZE)

Brondby IF

Odd BK (likely to be seeded)

PAOK (seeded)

Rosenborg (likely to be seeded)

Slovan Bratislava

AIK

Red Star Belgrade

Ferencvaros

Legia Warsaw (seeded)

Jagiellonia

Litex Lovech/Flora Talinn

Mlada Boleslav/Stromgodset

SJK/Inter Baku

Domzale/Qaballa

Cherno More/Dinamo Minsk

Inverness/Astra

Aktobe/Vaduz

MSK Zilina

Elfsborg (likely to be seeded)

Hajduk Split (likely to be seeded)

Debrecen

Wolfsberger

Rijeka (seeded)

Trnava

Trabonzspor (seeded)

West Ham (likely to be seeded)

Copenhagen (seeded)

Charleroi

Apollon

IFK Gothenburg

AEK Larnaca

Ironi Kiryat Shmona

Istanbul Basaksehir

Targu Mures

Rheindorf Altach

Unsure on seeding:

Apollon Limassol

Vitesse

Jablonec

FC Thun

Sturm Graz

WAC (Wolfsburger) would be a nice trip to the corner shop for me.

that would be a "not again, you bastard" type surprise.

My "you always find street food at its best at the football" line never fails to annoy, not does the trailing around town centres in the midday heat trying to find a ticket for the nights game.

Chuckle.. Let's hope you have a few opportunities this year.;-)

Ignore me, you were right first time!

So not much chance of us knowing who we're going to play until a week beforehand. Ridiculous!

if that's the case there's not much time for people to apply, tickets to be allocated and flights get booked.

if that's the case there's not much time for people to apply, tickets to be allocated and flights get booked.

Yeah, been aware of this for a while, but hadn't realised how unlikely it is we'd get one of the teams alrady confirmed in the third round.

No, Aktobe, Wroclaw and Zilina all starting in the 1st Qualifying Round, there's no guarantee they'll make the 3QR and they definitely won't be directly in the 3QR draw on 17th as they'll either be out already or still be playing in the 2QR until 23rd.

No, Aktobe, Wroclaw and Zilina all starting in the 1st Qualifying Round, there's no guarantee they'll make the 3QR and they definitely won't be directly in the 3QR draw on 17th as they'll either be out already or still be playing in the 2QR until 23rd.
Yeah, I know that, as stated above.

Road trip. To Inverness.

That would be disappointing, been there before. Got there about 2 hours before kick off and parked near (well next to) the ground, and got asked to move as they were just putting the no parking cones out........

wow, is that a true story?

Yeah, I know that, as stated above.

Streams crossed. ;)

Incidentally West Ham are charging £20 on the day, the £10 price for the 1QR against Lusitans is only advance price. Saw an advert in Metro (along with their fairly nice new plain Umbro kit for the first time).

WHU have sold out tomorrow night, fair play.

Sort of supports my argument that there's plenty of call for Europa League tickets, though admittedly they probably mainly sold out due to the £10 price and the buy early deal encouraging people not to wait for the day.

Lusitans must be loving it, when my old club got to the UEFA Cup they got a bunch of part timers from Latvia in front of a few hundred, Lusitans will be playing in front of 35k+ (not that I know whether they'll have done that before).

Yes fair play to West Ham for selling out the first leg, £10 tickets will have contributed to that and demand increased by fans + neutrals wanting to visit the ground one last time before they move. Looking on West Ham's website if we're a cat B again this season it will be £45 when we go there over xmas, don't think I'll pay that.

Interesting to note Lusitans are charging them €45 for the away leg (with West Ham adding £6.95 booking fee for special delivery post) 450 allocation. I can't imagine the part time Andorrans are charging their own fans that which reminds me of Steua Bucharest when Saints fans got something like £18 back after uefa ruling .

Yes fair play to West Ham for selling out the first leg, £10 tickets will have contributed to that and demand increased by fans + neutrals wanting to visit the ground one last time before they move. Looking on West Ham's website if we're a cat B again this season it will be £45 when we go there over xmas, don't think I'll pay that.

Interesting to note Lusitans are charging them €45 for the away leg (with West Ham adding £6.95 booking fee for special delivery post) 450 allocation. I can't imagine the part time Andorrans are charging their own fans that which reminds me of Steua Bucharest when Saints fans got something like £18 back after uefa ruling .

West Ham also charge another £1.50 "processing" fee on top of that booking fee as well! so €45 + £6.95 + £1.50.

England fans who went to Poland for the WCQ in 2012 also got a refund of about £10 when there was a discrepency in ticket prices between home and and away supporters with equivalent seats because of that UEFA Ruling.

Also, turns out "Lusitans" are really "Lusitanos" - which is also a type of Portuguese horse. They have a Portugal crest on their team badge so that all makes sense. I quite like that some teams are still so obscure that their names can be repeated wrongly for weeks. :)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})