The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

I would've assumed we would want the opposite. We're borderline at the moment, the more teams with a higher co-efficient would push us into the bottom half and we'd be unseeded, no? How do this work then?

I thought that last week. But was rightly corrected! :)

The games above are in the Champions League qualifiers and as such we want the highest coefficiant scorers to remain in the champions league and the lower ones (hopefully with a lower coefficient than us) to drop into the Europa League Pay off round.

When it comes to the Europa League qualifiers on Thursday we want the opposite to happen.

You have to tap in and out on the trams, the touch pads are like London Tube ones but they're next to the driver or the conductor, you can only get on next to them, and you get off at different doors.

It was 6 Euros for a 24 hour card, which is about £4 for unlimited travel, don't be a scabby dog. They will all speak English, and they will also fine you. I didn't get on a tram last week which didn't have at least two people checking. You CAN buy a ticket on the tram itself, but if you're getting on more than one of them you're better off getting the 24, 48 or 72 hour card anyway. Time starts from first check-in.

You can buy the GVB cards for the Amsterdam local transport from a machine on the right as you go into the white pavilion-looking hut across the tramlines to the left as you come out of the front of Amsterdam Centraal Station - and probably from the concourse in Centraal as well, though I didn't check that.

The 7.50 Euro OV-chipkaart seems to be primarily for overland train travel, but it also worked on the RET (trams, buses etc) in Rotterdam , let's put it like that... though I have no idea if it would have been valid in Amsterdam on the GVB!

Suffice to say once you know you're getting nailed 7.50 Euros for a permanent "Oyster-style" card, you tend to look for other ways to get a valid ticket.

The chipkaart works on public transports

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

There are 4 games tomorrow in the Champions League so I thought I'd summarise the situation regarding which teams we want to win in those matches to ensure the best possible chances of us being seeded in the play-off round.

Southampton's co-efficient is 16.078 so we need teams in the Champions League with a higher co-efficient than that to win their leg and teams with a lower co-efficient to lose. The losers of each Champions League tie will be in the play-off round for the Europa League.

Monaco (31.483) v Young Boys (31.375) - It doesn't really matter because both teams have a higher co-efficient than Saints. Monaco won the first leg 3-1 so it seems likely that Young Boys will drop into the Europa League.

APOEL (35.460) v Midtjylland (7.960) - APOEL won the first leg 2-1 so it looks likely that Midtjylland will drop into the Europa League, which is a good news from our point of view.

Molde (10.375) v Dinamo Zagreb (24.700) - The first leg ended in a 1-1 draw. Molde have an away goal but we could do with a Dinamo Zagreb win.

Ajax (66.195) v Rapid Wien (15.635) - The first leg ended in a 2-2 draw. Ajax have two away goals so are in a decent position to win their leg, which is what we want.

So to clarify, in tomorrow's Champions League matches, we want wins for APOEL, Dinamo Zagreb and Ajax.

APOEL v Midtjylland and Molde v Dinamo Zagreb kick off at 6pm and Ajax v Rapid Vienna is at 7.15pm.

Assume that the police strike in Holland that has caused some opening weekend league games to be postponed will not affect our game on Thursday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dutch-league-opener-scrapped-due-planned-police-strike-141237426--sow.html

Looks like it won't, but Vitesse's league match against Willem has been called off.

Edited by VectisSaint

There are 4 games tomorrow in the Champions League so I thought I'd summarise the situation regarding which teams we want to win in those matches to ensure the best possible chances of us being seeded in the play-off round.

Southampton's co-efficient is 16.078 so we need teams in the Champions League with a higher co-efficient than that to win their leg and teams with a lower co-efficient to lose. The losers of each Champions League tie will be in the play-off round for the Europa League.

Monaco (31.483) v Young Boys (31.375) - It doesn't really matter because both teams have a higher co-efficient than Saints. Monaco won the first leg 3-1 so it seems likely that Young Boys will drop into the Europa League.

APOEL (35.460) v Midtjylland (7.960) - APOEL won the first leg 2-1 so it looks likely that Midtjylland will drop into the Europa League, which is a good news from our point of view.

Molde (10.375) v Dinamo Zagreb (24.700) - The first leg ended in a 1-1 draw. Molde have an away goal but we could do with a Dinamo Zagreb win.

Ajax (66.195) v Rapid Wien (15.635) - The first leg ended in a 2-2 draw. Ajax have two away goals so are in a decent position to win their leg, which is what we want.

So to clarify, in tomorrow's Champions League matches, we want wins for APOEL, Dinamo Zagreb and Ajax.

Dinamo Zagreb are 3-0 up after 30 minutes. APOEL are losing 1-0 so 2-2 on agg. (So winning on away goals currently but again, only 30 minutes gone)

Dinamo Zagreb are 3-0 up after 30 minutes. APOEL are losing 1-0 so 2-2 on agg. (So winning on away goals currently but again, only 30 minutes gone)

Molde have come back to 3-2 against Zagreb. (So Zagreb currently 4-3 ahead and with better away goals)

Apoel losing 1-0 so currrently ahead on away goals rule after 72 mins

Zagreb and Molde now 3-3. Zagreb going ahead on away goals rule after 77 mins (Verged Forren sent off!)

Ajax currently losing 1-0 so 3-2 down on agg after 20 minutes

Edited by marc_saint

Dynamo Zagreb through on away goals = Good for us! (Verged Forren played for Molde)

Apoel Nicosia through on away goals = Good for us! (Tim Sparv played for FC Midjjylland)

Just need Ajax to turn around their game now. Currently 2-0 down (2-4 down on aggregate)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})