The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Tough game, eay journey. Would have rather have gone to Albania for the crack. We'll take f****g loads over there.

No-way our fixture will change around?

Yes, it is still possible that it could be switched, can't see any reason why except possibly because West Ham are at home first (if they get through). Don't think I would book anything just yet.

what are we worried about.

we should beat these.

we are a team with fans who think that liverpool and spurs are not a step up,

we plunder that league for many of its best players and we talk up champions league football for us

we surely will not go out first hurdle AGAIN

Give it a break you utter bellend.

ties in nicely with your friendlies in holland then..

nice draw and not far to go either

Nope. We're at home first leg. Fly back from Holland to play Vitesse then friendly against Espanyol, then back to Holland for away leg against Vitesse, then back to UK to play away at Newcastle.

Pretty exhausting way to start the season!

Nope. We're at home first leg. Fly back from Holland to play Vitesse then friendly against Espanyol, then back to Holland for away leg against Vitesse, then back to UK to play away at Newcastle.

maybe the game against espanyol could go?

european football for you, though

what are we worried about.

we should beat these.

we are a team with fans who think that liverpool and spurs are not a step up,

we plunder that league for many of its best players and we talk up champions league football for us

we surely will not go out first hurdle AGAIN

you're deluded...

A flight from Holland to Newcastle isn't as bad as it could have been. Travel wise its pretty good for us.

Would have preferred an "easier" side to play, as I'd like to see us in the group stages. Nevertheless if we can find form quickly then we can beat anyone on our day. I actually think being home in the first leg will help settle some nerves.

Will be an interesting game!

Vitesse was off to a slow start last season, but then started playing better and better. Their second half of the season was very impressive, if they had things organized earlier they would have made it to the 2nd place I think. Completely wrecked us (Feyenoord) at home (1-4 loss) and they also destroyed Ajax (0-4 loss) in the Cup.

Their style of play is composed of direct, short passing and low through balls. Their position play and passing might even be better than that of PSV. But, here is the bright side: their midfield is gone. We (Feyenoord) took Vejinovic from them and PSV took Pröpper from them. These were two of their best players and the core of the team. I think you are able to beat them, but do not take them lightly.

5th in Dutch league sounds relatively tough to me for an opening game.

we are a better side. have some faith ffs.

and people call me negative.

first relatively decent side we get and some are concerned.

we will probably have to beat a better side to get to teh group stages....

throw in the bonus we wont be playing in eastern europe etc.....very close.

Will be an interesting game!

Vitesse was off to a slow start last season, but then started playing better and better. Their second half of the season was very impressive, if they had things organized earlier they would have made it to the 2nd place I think. Completely wrecked us (Feyenoord) at home (1-4 loss) and they also destroyed Ajax (0-4 loss) in the Cup.

Their style of play is composed of direct, short passing and low through balls. Their position play and passing might even be better than that of PSV. But, here is the bright side: their midfield is gone. We (Feyenoord) took Vejinovic from them and PSV took Pröpper from them. These were two of their best players and the core of the team. I think you are able to beat them, but do not take them lightly.

Cheers for that, reason to be optimistic.

At least it's not for to travel so there should be no excuse of tiredness from these games.

Seriously looking forward to it.

I'm Dutch and I can tell you guys will be fine.

As somebody mentioned their selection of players changes heavily every year, due to loans etc. Each year they lose their best players and need to rebuild their squad. (This season they lost their star players Traore, Pröpper, Vejinovic) I can't see Vitesse beat a way more solid Southampton anyway.

Yes, it is still possible that it could be switched, can't see any reason why except possibly because West Ham are at home first (if they get through). Don't think I would book anything just yet.

Looks like its now been confirmed as home leg first, seemed likely. Saints have ticket details on the OS and confirm the 1st leg is at St Marys.

I'm Dutch and I can tell you guys will be fine.

As somebody mentioned their selection of players changes heavily every year, due to loans etc. Each year they lose their best players and need to rebuild their squad. (This season they lost their star players Traore, Pröpper, Vejinovic) I can't see Vitesse beat a way more solid Southampton anyway. Besides that, Koeman knows them very well, will be a big advantage.

I've booked flights and hotel.

BA to Amsterdam from Heathrow on the morning of the game getting in at 09.10.

Staying overnight at Holiday Inn Express Arnham

Flying back on the Friday at 17.55.

£188.

Just need to sort out train from Amsterdam to Arnham now!

I've booked flights and hotel.

BA to Amsterdam from Heathrow on the morning of the game getting in at 09.10.

Staying overnight at Holiday Inn Express Arnham

Flying back on the Friday at 17.55.

£188.

Just need to sort out train from Amsterdam to Arnham now!

It is easy. From either Amsterdam Central or Schiphol Airport take an intercity train to Nijmegen, departing each 30 min. These will always stop at Arnhem. Takes about one hour without any transfers. :)

The comments below the article are interesting - their fans basically saying it is the worst draw they could of got and basically they are very pessimistic.

Delicious opponent just too early! Alas!

Very nice club to play at and fun to go, but I estimate the probability that we continue very small

This is a very tough one. (Dit is een hele zware dobber.). I like this one

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})