The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

I have registered and reserved two in Faxe Kondi 1 but I can't pay with any of my credit cards.

At the bottom of the page on the website it says

'SOUTHAMPTON FANS: Tickets for the awayteam section can only by purchased through Southampton FC (Capacity: 600). Updated information will be posted here http://www.saintsfc.co.uk - Online Tickets cannot be purchased with foreign credit cards '

At the bottom of the page on the website it says

'SOUTHAMPTON FANS: Tickets for the awayteam section can only by purchased through Southampton FC (Capacity: 600). Updated information will be posted here http://www.saintsfc.co.uk - Online Tickets cannot be purchased with foreign credit cards '

Thanks, I saw that but I was trying to buy two tickets in the home section. I am very quiet and inconspicuous and promise to be a good boy :)

Thanks, I saw that but I was trying to buy two tickets in the home section. I am very quiet and inconspicuous and promise to be a good boy :)

Yeah I know but I'm guessing 'Online Tickets cannot be purchased with foreign credit cards' is referring to tickets in the home end too :)

For anybody interested in setting it up. Herning has an airport with a just under 4000ft x 98ft that can take aircraft at least up to the size of the Dornier jet. Chartering an air taxi might be worth it for a group. There is an airport site for contact re hours, aids etc. 4 miles NNE of Herning.

I stand no chance of getting a ticket with the away fans but would be extremely grateful for a ticket for the home fans ... if anyone can help .... pretty please!!

I am prepared to beg!!

I'm nearly there but I need someone with a Danish credit card to complete my payment. I may have to go begging to some of my old contacts whom I haven't spoken to for over ten years :eek:

Not sure whether its worth it...I'd be going on my own anyway which is pretty sad, then not too be able to go to the game is not ideal - also the people who I do know aren't now going, so might just not go.

1 flight, two single tickets, one there and one back. Travelling Weds morning and returning Saturday morning.

I'm going on my own and have bought a ticket in the home end

For anybody interested in setting it up. Herning has an airport with a just under 4000ft x 98ft that can take aircraft at least up to the size of the Dornier jet. Chartering an air taxi might be worth it for a group. There is an airport site for contact re hours, aids etc. 4 miles NNE of Herning.

An old customer of mine runs this lot but I don't think we're on speaking terms. Anyway, I'm sure it would make more sense with a UK based outfit.

http://www.alsie.com

Do you have a Danish credit card?

No, that seems to be the problem. I've tried all my English ones and also my French one on an account in Paris but they are all refused. The reservation is being held for 72 hours until I pay. The tickets will be print-at-home, if I ever get that far.

No, that seems to be the problem. I've tried all my English ones and also my French one on an account in Paris but they are all refused. The reservation is being held for 72 hours until I pay. The tickets will be print-at-home, if I ever get that far.

Is 72 hours long enough to open a Danish bank account?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I used to buy hotel rooms and flights on priceline.com when they only took bookings from US residents. I used my UK cards with my UK address number, road and town but when it came to 'state' I put in Arkansas. Payments used to go through np. Try that with appropriate change for Denmark

Flybe operated the Dash 8 - Q400 78 seats into Galway with a runway length of 4230 ft and little over 80ft wide.

I used to buy hotel rooms and flights on priceline.com when they only took bookings from US residents. I used my UK cards with my UK address number, road and town but when it came to 'state' I put in Arkansas. Payments used to go through np. Try that with appropriate change for Denmark

All I am being asked for is card number, expiry date and the 3-digits off the back.

All I am being asked for is card number, expiry date and the 3-digits off the back.

There's a few Danish chaps on here offering to help, I'd suggest that is your best option if one of them will buy for you. There were losds of saints in the home end at Vitesse with no problems at all. Same goes to Saint Garrett and FF above if you've already booked fligjts I think it's still worth travelling.

I notice we've been given even more blocks of the Northam for the home leg so they can't be bringing many. Gives us a chance to create a real home 'end'

Flights out are still reasonable but are more expensive coming back. Add in the train fare from Copenhagen and a couple of hotels and I can't see anyway of doing it for much under £350.

I can get a ticket but not sure I can justify a trip that will cost £500 once food and beer are added on.

FLying from Stansted to Aarhus, second biggest city and much much nearer. Worked out around £90 then AirBnB it. Works out less than £150 for 3 of us.

Whilst there's been a lot of conversation today around the possible allocation of tickets as we (hopefully) go through to the group stages, I thought i'd put together all the possible teams, their stadium capacities*, and their allocations based on 5% of the stadium capacity

(*according to the clubs wikipedia pages)

Confirmed Europa League Group Stage Teams

Spain Villarreal 24890 (5% capacity = 1244)

Portugal Braga 30286 (5% capacity = 1514)

Greece Asteras Tripoli 7616 (5% capacity = 380)

England Tottenham Hotspur 36284 (5% capacity = 1814)

France Marseille 67000 (5% capacity = 3350)

Switzerland Sion 14500 (5% capacity = 725)

England Liverpool 45276 (5% capacity = 2263)

Russia Lokomotiv Moscow 28800 (5% capacity = 1440)

Germany Augsburg 30660 (5% capacity = 1533)

Netherlands Groningen 22550 (5% capacity = 1127)

Germany Schalke 04 62271 (5% capacity = 3113)

Ukraine Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 31003 (5% capacity = 1550)

Italy Fiorentina 47290 (5% capacity = 2364)

Belgium Anderlecht 21845 (5% capacity = 1092)

Italy Napoli 60240 (5% capacity = 3012)

Turkey Beşiktaş 41903 (5% capacity = 2095)

Europa League Play off teams (Seeded)

Spain Athletic Bilbao 53289 (5% capacity = 2664)

Czech Republic Viktoria Plzeň 11722 (5% capacity = 586)

Romania Steaua București 55634 (5% capacity = 2781)

Poland Legia Warsaw 31103 (5% capacity = 1555)

Portugal Belenenses 25000 (5% capacity = 1250)

Netherlands Ajax 53502 (5% capacity = 2675)

Greece PAOK 28703 (5% capacity = 1435)

Switzerland Young Boys 32000 (5% capacity = 1600)

Belgium Standard Liège 30023 (5% capacity = 1501)

France Saint-Étienne 42000 (5% capacity = 2100)

Russia Rubin Kazan 45105 (5% capacity = 2255)

Austria Red Bull Salzburg 31000 (5% capacity = 1550)

Turkey Fenerbahçe 50509 (5% capacity = 2525)

France Bordeaux 42115 (5% capacity = 2105)

Poland Lech Poznań 43269 (5% capacity = 2163)

Czech Republic Slovan Liberec 10000 (5% capacity = 500)

Germany Borussia Dortmund 81359 (5% capacity = 4067)

Netherlands AZ Alkmaar 17023 (5% capacity = 851)

Czech Republic Sparta Prague 19416 (5% capacity = 970)

Greece Panathinaikos 16003 (5% capacity = 800)

England Southampton 32505 (5% capacity = 1625)

Russia Krasnodar 31654 (5% capacity = 1582)

Europa League Play off teams (Non-Seeded)

Norway Rosenborg 21400 (5% capacity = 1070)

Ukraine Zorya Luhansk 22288 (5% capacity = 1114)

Slovakia Žilina 11313 (5% capacity = 565)

Serbia Vojvodina 14458 (5% capacity = 722)

Austria Rheindorf Altach 8900 (5% capacity = 445)

Azerbaijan Qarabağ 31200 (5% capacity = 1560)

Norway Molde 11800 (5% capacity = 590)

Czech Republic Jablonec 6280 (5% capacity = 314)

Denmark Brøndby 29000 (5% capacity = 1450)

Moldova Milsami Orhei 2539 (5% capacity = 126)

Croatia Hajduk Split 35000 (5% capacity = 1750)

Greece Atromitos 9050 (5% capacity = 452)

Belarus Dinamo Minsk 16500 (5% capacity = 825)

Hungary Videoton 14300 (5% capacity = 715)

Republic of Macedonia Rabotnički 33460 (5% capacity = 1673)

Kazakhstan Kairat 23804 (5% capacity = 1190)

Finland HJK 10770 (5% capacity = 538 )

Switzerland Thun 10330 (5% capacity = 516)

Romania Astra Giurgiu 8500 (5% capacity = 425)

Denmark Midtjylland 11800 (5% capacity = 590)

Norway Odd 12500 (5% capacity = 625)

Azerbaijan Gabala 8000 (5% capacity = 400)

Champions League Play off seeded teams (Any losers drop into Europa League Group Stage)

Switzerland Basel 37500 (5% capacity = 1875)

Scotland Celtic 60411 (5% capacity = 3020)

Cyprus APOEL 22859 (5% capacity = 1142)

Belarus BATE Borisov 13126 (5% capacity = 656)

Croatia Dinamo Zagreb 35123 (5% capacity = 1756)

England Manchester United 75635 (5% capacity = 3781)

Spain Valencia 55000 (5% capacity = 2750)

Germany Bayer Leverkusen 30210 (5% capacity = 1510)

Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 34915 (Playing in Lviv due to conflict) (5% capacity = 1745)

Portugal Sporting CP 50095 (5% capacity = 2504)

Champions League Play off non-seeded teams (Any losers drop into Europa League Group Stage)

Israel Maccabi Tel Aviv 14413 (5% capacity = 720)

Serbia Partizan 32710 (5% capacity = 1635)

Sweden Malmö FF 24000 (5% capacity = 1200)

Albania Skënderbeu Korçë 12000 (5% capacity = 600)

Kazakhstan Astana 30000 (5% capacity = 1500)

Russia CSKA Moscow 18636 (5% capacity = 931)

Italy Lazio 72481 (5% capacity = 3624)

Belgium Club Brugge 29472 (5% capacity = 1473)

France Monaco 18523 (5% capacity = 926)

Austria Rapid Wien 50865 (5% capacity = 2543)

Edited by marc_saint

Flights out are still reasonable but are more expensive coming back. Add in the train fare from Copenhagen and a couple of hotels and I can't see anyway of doing it for much under £350.

I can get a ticket but not sure I can justify a trip that will cost £500 once food and beer are added on.

We're flying Stansted to Aarhus on the Wednesday and back on the Friday. I think we paid about £110 return each, but it's now around £180..

Then, instead of the £75 Copenhagen to Herning return train fare, plus taxis or whatever, we've hired a car for 2 days for £38.

If you're interested in getting on our flight, then you're welcome to come on our car to Stansted and jump in the hire car with us [emoji106]? DM me on Twitter if you're interested in details.

If anyone has return Stansted Aarhus tickets (out Weds, back Fri) that they would like to sell on, please contact me.

Do you realise that it costs £110 each flight (i.e. Each Way, so £220) PLUS any fare difference between the original ticket price and the ticket price at the time of the change?

It's probably cheaper to purchase a new ticket.

Nice bit of research.

With the exception of Asteras, Sion, Plzen, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Skenderbeu (and any unseeded upsets in the EL Play Off round who end up in Pot 4), all of the capacities are either more than Midtjylland or far enough away that lots of people will be put off, so shouldn't be much of a problem.

Somehow almost all the big sides with decent capacities are stab risks. :/

We're flying Stansted to Aarhus on the Wednesday and back on the Friday. I think we paid about £110 return each, but it's now around £180..

Then, instead of the £75 Copenhagen to Herning return train fare, plus taxis or whatever, we've hired a car for 2 days for £38.

If you're interested in getting on our flight, then you're welcome to come on our car to Stansted and jump in the hire car with us [emoji106]? DM me on Twitter if you're interested in details.

Do you realise that it costs £110 each flight (i.e. Each Way, so £220) PLUS any fare difference between the original ticket price and the ticket price at the time of the change?

It's probably cheaper to purchase a new ticket.

No, didn't know that. Thanks, sure you're right. Will be in touch re lift in your hire car if/when I get tickets.

No, didn't know that. Thanks, sure you're right. Will be in touch re lift in your hire car if/when I get tickets.

I was actually talking to The Cat re lift... [emoji3]

We MAY have one more space, but not sure yet!!

Nice bit of research.

With the exception of Asteras, Sion, Plzen, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Skenderbeu (and any unseeded upsets in the EL Play Off round who end up in Pot 4), all of the capacities are either more than Midtjylland or far enough away that lots of people will be put off, so shouldn't be much of a problem.

Somehow almost all the big sides with decent capacities are stab risks. :/

Interesting to see that Steaua Bucurest now play in a new stadium since we were out there 12 years ago. (that totally by passed me)

Then..... https://s.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Qmdiw2aiPu0BdlNVN9l7Sw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_GB/Sports/Eurosport/1367691-29347765-2560-1440.jpg

Now..... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_Na%C8%9Bional%C4%83#/media/File:Stadionul_National_-_National_Arena_3.jpg

The9 I have some homework for you. Any chance you could work out the likely qualifiers and from there on, the likely pots of teams that'll be assigned? Might get a rough idea of who we might face if we get through

Think thats already been done about 5 pages back?

Yeah, eat my dust Crabby. :rule1: (Griffin 2)

You can find the "top seeded qualifiers" list (all going to form) here: http://www.footballseeding.com/european-cups/europa-league-seeding-15-16/

And there's a breakdown of coefficients at the moment and the games we need to go against form etc to get into Pot 2 or 3 of the seeds a couple of pages back. (see link below) :)

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?54475-The-Official-Saints-European-Tour-2015-16-Thread-FC-Midtjylland-in-Playoff-Round&p=2229800#post2229800

Edited by The9

£299 on the coach with Southampton Away Travel.

Leave Wednesday lunchtime, arrive in Herning Thursday lunchtime. No mention of a trip to the Lego factory being thrown in but according to their website it does include "1 Night's accomodation on a luxury hotel"

Leave Wednesday lunchtime, arrive in Herning Thursday lunchtime. No mention of a trip to the Lego factory being thrown in but according to their website it does include "1 Night's accomodation on a luxury hotel"

That surely can't be by coach all the way? It's about 1000 miles if you go via Dover (!), Belgium, Holland and Germany. If that's on the coach all the way I'd be checking for deep vein thrombosis afterwards.

Wouldn't fancy that

costing me £240 for flight to Copenhagen Thursday morning train to Herning and one night in hotel there, flying back from Copenhagen Friday evening

That surely can't be by coach all the way? It's about 1000 miles if you go via Dover (!), Belgium, Holland and Germany. If that's on the coach all the way I'd be checking for deep vein thrombosis afterwards.

I've driven it in a day myself a couple of times, once via Calais, the other via Harwich but both times by high speed ferry. That was only about one hour into Southern Jutland. I left about 06:00 and arrived around 16:00. I have also flown it a couple of times in a single-engined six-seater, 660 nautical miles, 6 hours, no toilet :(

Sport options are running a day trip, can't recommend them enough if you want a painless in / out trip. Better than sitting on a coach for 4 days!

https://www.sportoptions.com/Southampton/index.asp

Just bought my match ticket. Only booked my flight last night, this option is about £80 more expensive then I am paying for flight, train and hotel but I might have booked it if I had known about it.

Just bought my match ticket. Only booked my flight last night, this option is about £80 more expensive then I am paying for flight, train and hotel but I might have booked it if I had known about it.

Seems a good deal, I am panicking as flying into Copenhagen then getting an internal flight to Billund, I expect it to be a small plane and I hate flying.

Loads of people on twitter last night blabbering to the club that they needed to do this to stop people buying tickets and not going.

Probably the same people who asked the teacher for homework at the end of a lesson if none had been set.

Anyone else staying in the appropriately named Hotel Herning? It looks a bit basic but its pretty close to the ground from the map etc. Hopefully not far from the train station either. Will have to buy “fluids” at Gatwick for the Stella Express from Copenhagen to Herning!

Loads of people on twitter last night blabbering to the club that they needed to do this to stop people buying tickets and not going.

Probably the same people who asked the teacher for homework at the end of a lesson if none had been set.

Or maybe people who want a fair system, with the people who've actually qualified being the people who get to go to the games?

Anyone else staying in the appropriately named Hotel Herning? It looks a bit basic but its pretty close to the ground from the map etc. Hopefully not far from the train station either. Will have to buy “fluids” at Gatwick for the Stella Express from Copenhagen to Herning!

You'll probably find it cheaper to buy from their equivalent of an off-licence - while it's horrendously expensive to drink in bars and restaurants, carry-out booze is much more reasonably priced.

You'll probably find it cheaper to buy from their equivalent of an off-licence - while it's horrendously expensive to drink in bars and restaurants, carry-out booze is much more reasonably priced.

Thanks Steve. Didn’t realise that. Still might be easier as I flying straight in and getting straight on the train to Herning so won't have much time to look around.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})