The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Just had a reply from Vitesse, they said that if you do not have your tickets in the Vittesse ends (which is most of us) then just bring your passport and booking confirmation to pick them up from the stadium.

You seem to be the only one getting a reply from them......

Has anyone on here received their tickets?

Just had a reply from Vitesse, they said that if you do not have your tickets in the Vittesse ends (which is most of us) then just bring your passport and booking confirmation to pick them up from the stadium.

Just had the same email. As I now have a ticket in the Saints section i was just hoping to sell on the ticket (at face value) to someone who would have wanted it. Trouble is, I really don't want to make a special trip on the day ahead of the game and away from the bars for this and I'll defiantly be proudly wearing my saints shirt.

If It doesn't arrive tomorrow, it may well just be staying in the ticket office!

At the moment there are 17 teams in the play-off round which definitely will have a lower co-efficient than Saints. There are 22 seeded teams and 22 unseeded teams so we need at least 5 more results to go our way to ensure we are seeded.

Only judging by first leg results, we would be the 20th seed and therefore one of the top seeds but it's touch and go. We really could do with Ajax coming back in that game.

Just had the same email. As I now have a ticket in the Saints section i was just hoping to sell on the ticket (at face value) to someone who would have wanted it. Trouble is, I really don't want to make a special trip on the day ahead of the game and away from the bars for this and I'll defiantly be proudly wearing my saints shirt.

If It doesn't arrive tomorrow, it may well just be staying in the ticket office!

In the same situation and making the same decision! Will write the ticket off.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Dynamo Zagreb through on away goals = Good for us! (Verged Forren played for Molde)

Apoel Nicosia through on away goals = Good for us! (Tim Sparv played for FC Midjjylland)

Just need Ajax to turn around their game now. Currently 2-0 down (2-4 down on aggregate)

Ajax got one back 1-2 now.

Live stream here.... http://iddaacim.com/2015/08/ajax-rapid-vienna-macini-canli-izle/

The chipkaart works on public transports

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

So does the chipkaart work around Amsterdam on the trams? If so I should have bought one of those to use in both Amsterdam and Rotterdam on the same day two weeks ago!

You seem to be the only one getting a reply from them......

Has anyone on here received their tickets?

Not received the tickets and on the train to Gatwick at 8.10 in the morning but I have received the same email so will collect from ground on morning of the game.

Time for an in-context update re: Play Off Round seedings:

If there are 22 teams with a lower seeding than Saints we'll be seeded in the Play-Off round (if we're in it).

There will be 15 CL 3rd QR losers and 29 EL 3rd QR winners in the PO Round.

The following teams will definitely be ranked below Saints in the Europa League Play Off Round (ELPOR), if there are 22 of them, Saints will be seeded.

Confirmed:

1. Kairat OR Aberdeen

2. Žilina OR Vorskla Poltava

3. Debrecen OR Rosenborg

4. Thun OR Vaduz

5. Belenenses OR IFK Göteborg

6. Charleroi OR Zorya Luhansk

7. Elfsborg OR Odds

8. Apollon Limassol OR Gabala

9. AIK OR Atromitos

10. Brøndby OR Omonia Nicosia

11. Hajduk Split OR Strømsgodset

12. Krasnodar OR Slovan Bratislava

13. Milsami Orhei OR Skënderbeu Korçë

14. HJK Finland OR Astana

15. Midtjylland (lost to APOEL in CL 3QR)

16. Molde (lost to Dinamo Zagreb in CL 3QR)

In addition, West Ham have the same ranking as Saints, whilst Astra Giurgiu are lower than Saints - that one will be for UEFA to decide but ideally an Astra win (though in the long run England's coeffecient might take a kicking).

So we need another 5 or 6 results to go in our favour. They need to come from the following matches:

CL 3QR - losers into (ELPOR) - in these 4 matches we need results to go with form as we don't want high ranked teams dropping into the ELPOR.

Qarabağ if they lose to Celtic (Qarabag 0-1 but at home tomorrow)

Partizan if they lose to Steaua (1-1, with Partizan at home tomorrow)

Videoton if they lose to BATE Borisov (1-1, with Videoton away tomorrow)

Malmö if they lose to RB Salzburg (Malmo 0-2, but home tomorrow).

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round (winners into ELPOR) - IF the 4 matches above go with form, we need one (or two if West Ham are above us) of the Europa League games to go against form for us to be seeded. However, for every match above that doesn't go to form, we need an additional team from the left column in the list below to win as well. Leading sides in bold.

Dinamo Minsk if they beat FC Zurich (Minsk 1-0 up with home leg to play)

İstanbul Başakşehir if they beat AZ Alkmaar (Alkmaar 2-0 up with away leg to play)

AEK Larnaca if they beat Bordeaux (Bordeaux 3-0 up with away to play)

Spartak Trnava if they beat PAOK (PAOK 1-0 up with away to play)

Târgu Mureș if they beat St Etienne (St Etienne 3-0 up with home to play, forget this!)

Jablonec if they beat FC Copenhagen (Copenhagen 1-0 up with home to play)

Vojvodina if they beat Sampdoria (Vojvodina 4-0 up with home to play, mental, but that's all but +1)

Kukësi if they beat Legia Warsaw (Legia 3-0 up - awarded, with home to play, forget this one)

Sturm Graz if they beat Rubin Kazan (Rubin 3-2 up with home to play)

Ironi Kiryat Shmona if they beat Slovan Liberec (Liberec 2-1 up with away to play)

Wolfsberger if they beat Borussia Dortmund (Dortmund 1-0 up with home to play)

Željezničar if they beat Standard Liege (Liege 2-1 up with away to play)

Inter Baku if they beat Athletic Bilbao (At. Bilbao 2-0 up with away to play)

Rabotnički if they beat Trabzonspor (Rabotnicki 1-0 up with away to play)

Rheindorf Altach if they beat Vitoria Guimaraes (Altach 2-1 up with away to play)

:)

Edited by The9

So it's about 50:50 as to whether we're seeded or not?

Basically, yeah. Right on the borderline - and not helping is that we have the same coefficient as West Ham and it is implied that there's a countback on previous years which would presumably favour them having qualified for Europe more recently. Though if they lose to Astra, problem solved. :)

With Vojvodina 4-0 up against Sampdoria, as long as the CL games go to form we could be only one upset away come Thursday (as long as it's not us! :D).

So it's about 50:50 as to whether we're seeded or not?

It's better than 50/50 imo, closer to 60/40. There were quite a few shocks in the Europa (some of which were away wins) that haven't been matched by shocks in the CL (shocks in the Europa are good for us; shocks in the CL are bad). As long as there are more shocks in the Europa than the CL, we'll be seeded.

Edited by shurlock

Whatever happens I'll be waiting for The9's update, quick decision as whether I want to go (is it close/easy to get to/will we go further and get a better or more interesting team etc.). Then I may join the rest of you with the easyjet/Ryanair/BA/Eurostar/ferry websites open in different tabs trying to book travel. Then worry about the ticket!

I'm just going to wait until after Thursday (Tranmere, Watford...shudders)..

Did you email Vitesse first or did you just receive the email?

I emailed first.

Their reply was.....

Thank you for your email.

The tickets which you have ordered, have been send to your address.

If you did not receive the tickets, you can come at the matchday to the Servicedesk in our fanshop from 10.00 hours till 18.00 hours or from 18.00 hours at our Servicedesk at the ticket sale (desk 5 and 6).

Please bring your ID card/passport and the confirmation email which you received after your ordered the tickets.

We will print you a duplicate of the tickets.

Did you email Vitesse first or did you just receive the email?

I emailed just to say I hadn't received the tickets and would I be able to collect from the stadium on the day of the game. This is the response I got.

If you did not receive the tickets, you can come at the matchday to the Servicedesk in our fanshop from 10.00 hours till 18.00 hours or from 18.00 hours at our Servicedesk at the ticket sale (desk 5 and 6).

Please bring your ID card/passport and the confirmation email which you received after your ordered the tickets.

It's better than 50/50 imo, closer to 60/40. There were quite a few shocks in the Europa (some of which were away wins) that haven't been matched by shocks in the CL (shocks in the Europa are good for us; shocks in the CL are bad). As long as there are more shocks in the Europa than the CL, we'll be seeded.

I think it's less likely than that. We need 6 results. Currently 3 are going our way in the CL (of 4) and 5 are going our way in the EL (of 15) including Astra over West Ham, and Vojvodina which is all but bolted on. But in the CL matches there's only 1 goal in it in 2 of those 3.

Celtic, Steaua, BATE and Red Bull Salzburg could do us a favour by winning their ties tomorrow, leaving only 2 of those 15 EL match upsets to be required (or 2 of the 4 currently in the process of being an upset, if you're looking at it a different way).

But unless Steaua pull their finger out and beat Partizan I think we're going to need at least 3 upsets in the EL of the 4 currently in place. There are currently two possible upsets which are only 1 goal up with the away leg to play - and 3 others who are currently losing but might turn it around and are only 1 down with a home leg to play.

It's not much more than 52/48.

Whatever happens I'll be waiting for The9's update, quick decision as whether I want to go (is it close/easy to get to/will we go further and get a better or more interesting team etc.). Then I may join the rest of you with the easyjet/Ryanair/BA/Eurostar/ferry websites open in different tabs trying to book travel. Then worry about the ticket!

I'm just going to wait until after Thursday (Tranmere, Watford...shudders)..

I'll be on my phone unless I risk the laptop in my hand luggage... current (annoying) plans seem to have us pointlessly headed for Amsterdam mid-morning on Friday. Three problems with this: 1) the draw 2) my hangover 3) we don't have train tickets to Amsterdam, only Schiphol.

I emailed just to say I hadn't received the tickets and would I be able to collect from the stadium on the day of the game. This is the response I got.

If you did not receive the tickets, you can come at the matchday to the Servicedesk in our fanshop from 10.00 hours till 18.00 hours or from 18.00 hours at our Servicedesk at the ticket sale (desk 5 and 6

NB There is a fan shop in centre of Arnhem not far from Saints fanzone which sells match tickets, so would think you could pick up tickets from there as well as stadium.

Jansbinnensingel 19

6811 AK ARNHEM

Its going to be Ajax. Just know it

Was at the game and when walking around the Arena we were thinking how fantastic it would be if Saints could draw Ajax in a future Champions League fixture, not even thinking they'd get knocked out and go into the Europa.. Now it could be a possibility. Would be fantastic, but hopefully not until the group stages! :D

Lots of people talking about Southampton over here too, which I was surprised about. Sorry, no, I mean Soushampton.

NB There is a fan shop in centre of Arnhem not far from Saints fanzone which sells match tickets, so would think you could pick up tickets from there as well as stadium.

Jansbinnensingel 19

6811 AK ARNHEM

That closed down last year and was moved back to the stadium

How many Saints fans are going without tickets? I might have at least 1 spare for the away end but won't know until I'm out there. Bit of a vague post but just lining up how easy I could shift it/them if that the case.

According to the Arnhem authorities in their press release yesterday they are expecting around 2000 saints fans. @saintsfccop the other day tweeted "upto 3000" (We obviously only have 1400 in the saints section)

There still seems to be plenty of Saints fans on twitter looking for tickets. And with tickets ordered for the home sections not arriving in the post so far I think there will be plenty who will take them off your hands.

How many Saints fans are going without tickets? I might have at least 1 spare for the away end but won't know until I'm out there. Bit of a vague post but just lining up how easy I could shift it/them if that the case.

I will take as many tickets as you have got off your hands if they turn out to be spare - you wont have trouble shifting them

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})