The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Saints ticket office have been poor, they promised me an e mail to tell us where the tickets should be picked up from - nothing up to now. Sorry Saints have turned their back on the travelling fans for this game and have not really cared.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 2h2 hours ago

Southampton FC retweeted Alan

Fans travelling to Denmark can collect their tickets from the Hotel Scandic Regina between 12pm and 5pm on Thursday.

Saints ticket office have been poor, they promised me an e mail to tell us where the tickets should be picked up from - nothing up to now. Sorry Saints have turned their back on the travelling fans for this game and have not really cared.

Should be in your inbox now. Lays out all of the details in full and gives a direct contact number.

The collection details email is entitled "Supporter Relations" and is signed "Kind Regards, Khali and Daniel".

It includes the information that SFC are providing buses to transport fans to the stadium and back , which will be provided at time of ticket collection - though there are actually trains running to the rurally based Exhibition Centre "Herning Messecenter" station next to the ground.

The Scandic Regina is "less than 5 min walk from the Ostergade where the main pubs and restaurants are located".

I should really look at a map of Herning again.

Just spoke to the ticket office. According to him, we definitely CAN'T give our ID to someone else to collect the ticket. If we can't make it to the hotel between 12-5 alternative arrangements will be made. I'm due a call back from the TO manager as I'm unlikely to make it there by 5 due to flights etc.

Apparently midtjylland won't provide ticket collection facilities at the ground.

If it's gonna be this much hassle for each away game if we get through on Thursday I don't know if I can be @rsed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Land in Billund Thursday morning. Looks like we have to get a bus to a place called Brande and then it's a 15 minute train ride. Surprising that Billund doesn't have a train station and its nearest stop (Vejle) had engineering works between there and Herning station!

Had a quick look on street view and certainly doesn't seem to be, old painted white building, publike even!

http://www.visitherning.com/ln-int/danmark/fox-and-hounds-herning-gdk607650

https://www.facebook.com/OldIrishPubHerning?fref=ts

in reference to steakhouse.. stomach thinking ahead. From the fox and hounds you can order food from the place opposite and they'll bring it across to you so don't have to leave the boozer to get food

Land in Billund Thursday morning. Looks like we have to get a bus to a place called Brande and then it's a 15 minute train ride. Surprising that Billund doesn't have a train station and its nearest stop (Vejle) had engineering works between there and Herning station!

The Saints info suggests Give St is the nearest station to Billund station £6-£8 half hourly train to Herning. Doesn't say how far away it is from the airport though, so I lookied it up on Google Maps and it's a 20 min bus trip on the number 119 bus which runs once an hour.

Brande seems to be one stop nearer than Herning and further from the airport, Vejle is a decent way to the east and further away.

One train an hour at 10 past from Give St to Herning.

If it's gonna be this much hassle for each away game if we get through on Thursday I don't know if I can be @rsed.

It won't be. It's only because of a combination of the particularly small allocation and the blatant abuse of the loyalty system for the Vitesse game. If we get through, most potential opponents will have much bigger grounds and therefore bigger away allocations.

The Saints info suggests Give St is the nearest station to Billund station £6-£8 half hourly train to Herning. Doesn't say how far away it is from the airport though, so I lookied it up on Google Maps and it's a 20 min bus trip on the number 119 bus which runs once an hour.

Brande seems to be one stop nearer than Herning and further from the airport, Vejle is a decent way to the east and further away.

One train an hour at 10 past from Give St to Herning.

Cheers for the info - just checked it out and there is replacement buses between Give and Herning too! In fact, there's engineering right from Vejle to Brande. So it's train from Brande or replacement buses.

It won't be. It's only because of a combination of the particularly small allocation and the blatant abuse of the loyalty system for the Vitesse game. If we get through, most potential opponents will have much bigger grounds and therefore bigger away allocations.

Still a reasonable chance we'll get a Pot 4 team of near-comparable size to Midtjylland though, but certainly shouldn't be allocation issues for the other 2 aways.

Cheers for the info - just checked it out and there is replacement buses between Give and Herning too! In fact, there's engineering right from Vejle to Brande. So it's train from Brande or replacement buses.

Does the Copenhagen train go through there? I suspect it does. Useful info for anyone not coming from Aarhus... :)

The collection details email is entitled "Supporter Relations" and is signed "Kind Regards, Khali and Daniel".

It includes the information that SFC are providing buses to transport fans to the stadium and back , which will be provided at time of ticket collection - though there are actually trains running to the rurally based Exhibition Centre "Herning Messecenter" station next to the ground.

That's the one. Arrived at 09.32 this morning and has a Word Doc attached. I'd check your spam boxes, ladies and gents!

Copenhagen train is unaffected by the engineering works. Changing at Skandersborg to a regional train, which also seems to be unaffected.

Steve, some trains are affected by engineering works

7 of us on 12.30 from Copenhagen Airport, we change at Vejle and get then Bus to Brande then another train to Herning, but gets to Herning 45 minds quicker than train via Skanderborg and is slightly cheaper

Steve, some trains are affected by engineering works

7 of us on 12.30 from Copenhagen Airport, we change at Vejle and get then Bus to Brande then another train to Herning, but gets to Herning 45 minds quicker than train via Skanderborg and is slightly cheaper

Copenhagen Airport is closer than Central, so no surprise it's a bit cheaper. I booked mine two weeks ago, so not particularly bothered about a slightly quicker train, quite happy with my reserved table seat :smug:

Copenhagen Airport is closer than Central, so no surprise it's a bit cheaper. I booked mine two weeks ago, so not particularly bothered about a slightly quicker train, quite happy with my reserved table seat :smug:

Copenhagen main airport is 20 mins from centre of Copenhagen near bridge to Malmo, our journey is then same as yours but cheaper and quicker because our route is more direct hence why cheaper and quicker

The 'Scottish theme' pub seems the best bet, but do know there is a steakhouse with it's own brewery that we will certainly have a look at!

If you are talking about Bryggeriet you wont be disappointed!

http://www.bryggeriet.dk/dk/bryggerierne/herning

If Lucky you Can get seat i the vault (restaurant is in a former bank). Bit pricey but Well WELL worth it! Their own beers are awesome.

Other good steakhouses are http://a-h-b.dk/lund/ (north of town, in Lund) and just across from scandic: http://www.charolaiskroen.dk Meat so fresh its cut on site.

Fox n hounds you Will enjoy for drinks and Well assorteret whisky and beer selection , Murphys ok too, old irish pub next to is nothing special but slightly cheaper drinks.

Welcome to Herning. Full capacity crowd thursday (holds about 9500 peeps in euro) but Nice intimitate stadion, everyone very close to the pitch and the action.

I'm flying into Billund from Stanstead (on the 7.30am flight) tomorrow before staying at Hotel Herning. Anyone have any idea of the quickest way to get to the ticket collection and then onto the hotel?

the ticket pick up is in the centre of town very close to railway station but a long way from your hotel, would suggest you pick it up either on way to your hotel or later if you are planning to go into town which is approx. 40mins walk from our hotel or 2min rail journey on train from Station near stadium which is close to your hotel. however only one train an hour from there to Herning main station

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})