The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Going to be critical for me whether cup games count.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

can't see why they wouldn't be, cup aways have always counted for normal away tickets. I assume the only ones that won't will be the Newcastle away game as the date hasn't passed yet (which was their criteria last season)

There can't be 1200 Saints fans with more than 7 aways last season I shouldn't think...

I think people with 4 or 5 might possibly have a chance even if they phase it, not everyone is going to be able to go, and some will be put off by prices if they haven't already booked.

If it's only 1200 it won't get past ST holders unless they specifically hold some back.

If it's nearer 2000 I think any ST holders with more than 4 will be ok and it might go to a wider group.

My main concern is not actually knowing how many I'm going to have that count, because the club changes the criteria all the time and also has and hasn't counted the first game of last season due to it coming before the cut-off calculation... and many many more. I have at least 7 and possibly 10, I think. Plus thanks to their policy on carers and my disabled mate being crap at allocating the numbers when we go with him, there are numerous other random factors affecting whether or not me and the missus might be able to get tickets in the same window, etc.

They should really have a quick lookup so there are no surprises.

can't see why they wouldn't be, cup aways have always counted for normal away tickets. I assume the only ones that won't will be the Newcastle away game as the date hasn't passed yet (which was their criteria last season)

They haven't, they often didn't count cup aways previously. I've had to wait for later windows due to it a few times.

For those that bought tickets on Vitesse's website, have you been charged yet?

Yes but I bought using a Dubai Credit Card & address with a stadium pick up. (We can wave local ID and do the whole Tourists Routine). If need be I have some Dutch FB friends who have said they would order for me and get delivered to them in Holland before meeting up Wednesday, couple are even considering coming to the game with us.

They reckoned that the worst they would do is cancel any UK based transactions but everyone thinks it is highly unlikely.

#GlobalSFC are all interlinked now and in a plan B situation, we have a big Dutch following and I am sure they will tweet/FB nearer the time. The various groups with fans travelling to the game (inc the crazy Auddies) are already communicating

For those that bought tickets on Vitesse's website, have you been charged yet?

Just looking at my two card accounts (can't remember which I used) and I can't see it listed on there. so guessing they didn't take it.

I "bought" mine early on aswell. (Friday afternoon)

I've got a friend living in Holland whose going to the game so might need to give him a shout.

Tickets for the home end are available try blocks 122-120 as most saints fans are in there anyway

OK ... bit my tongue long enough ...... and this isn't aimed specifically at you Mouldy, Blocks 120 - 122 are on the side, not at the end of the ground :x

Every where I look, not just on here, but The Echo, The UI and Twitter people keep banging on about Saints Fans buying tickets in the Home End .... aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh.

Phew .... that feels better :scared:

OK ... bit my tongue long enough ...... and this isn't aimed specifically at you Mouldy, Blocks 120 - 122 are on the side, not at the end of the ground :x

Every where I look, not just on here, but The Echo, The UI and Twitter people keep banging on about Saints Fans buying tickets in the Home End .... aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh.

Channelling your inner MLG there? ;)

Has this been added to the Vitesse website recently or has it been there the whole time:

Fans of Southampton FC can only buy tickets for the away-stand section. Please check the official website of Southampton or details about the tickets. Dutch supporters of Southampton FC need to buy their tickets at the official club channels of the English Premier League club.

Thanks for that, what was the point you were making?;-)

Has this been added to the Vitesse website recently or has it been there the whole time:

Fans of Southampton FC can only buy tickets for the away-stand section. Please check the official website of Southampton or details about the tickets. Dutch supporters of Southampton FC need to buy their tickets at the official club channels of the English Premier League club.

Mmmm, interesting. Wonder what this means re the tickets which they've already sold in home sections to Saints fans.

so if dutch supporters of southampton are ok to buy tickets throught the saintsfc website then ........ English fans of vitesse should be ok to buy through the vitesse website right ;)

so if dutch supporters of southampton are ok to buy tickets throught the saintsfc website then ........ English fans of vitesse should be ok to buy through the vitesse website right ;)

English fans of Vitesse aren't going to struggle to get tickets.

In reality, probably **** all. As long as people aren't acting like ****s, they'll let everyone in.

I'm not so sure. They could insist on those tickets being collection at ticket office only, with some proof required of being a Vitesse fan. Depends on what the dibble tell them to do, I guess.

I'm not so sure. They could insist on those tickets being collection at ticket office only, with some proof required of being a Vitesse fan. Depends on what the dibble tell them to do, I guess.

Looks like I'll be buying a Vitesse shirt then. What's Dutch for "tickets please"?

Looks like I'll be buying a Vitesse shirt then. What's Dutch for "tickets please"?

I'm sure a half and half scarf will be sufficient.

I wonder how Vitesse ticket sales are going for their trip here, they'll be getting ready to set off this time next week.

I've got a feeling that we might get a few more tickets, if it was just the usual 1200 away end that would have been easy for them to agree on and announce rather than waiting 6 days faffing.

Just looking at my two card accounts (can't remember which I used) and I can't see it listed on there. so guessing they didn't take it.

I "bought" mine early on aswell. (Friday afternoon)

I've got a friend living in Holland whose going to the game so might need to give him a shout.

Scrap that. Checked my account again and is showing as processed yesterday.

Seriously, it's infinitely more hassle for them to kick up a fuss at the turnstile than it is to let people in and then control the crowd inside the ground.

Apologies for my ignorance, but if we get past Vitesse, then what? I notice on the UEFA website it says there is a play-off round after the 3rd qualifying round, does that concern us? I’ve been offered a ticket for the 1st day of the Oval test match on the 20th August, but notice this play-off round first leg falls on that date. Would we be playing then?

Apologies for my ignorance, but if we get past Vitesse, then what? I notice on the UEFA website it says there is a play-off round after the 3rd qualifying round, does that concern us? I’ve been offered a ticket for the 1st day of the Oval test match on the 20th August, but notice this play-off round first leg falls on that date. Would we be playing then?

Yep.

I have a ticket for Day 2 on the Friday, which will be touch-and-go if we get through and are away first. If we were to get a draw against someone with early flights back into Gatwick on the Friday morning, or if we were drawn at home first again, then I'd be fine.

Yes If we win we have a 2 leg play off round to get through before we have the group stages proper

So i called the ticket office this morning (to check the number of aways is correct on my ticket as they've screwed it up in the past) and the man at the end said cup away games will count for the Vitesse away leg. Couldn't give anymore details from that but i figured a few here would want to know that info.

Yep.

I have a ticket for Day 2 on the Friday, which will be touch-and-go if we get through and are away first. If we were to get a draw against someone with early flights back into Gatwick on the Friday morning, or if we were drawn at home first again, then I'd be fine.

That's alright then, sorted. Typical my mate only has a 1st day ticket spare...

Yes If we win we have a 2 leg play off round to get through before we have the group stages proper

Cheers.

Do we know when the draw for that round will take place, should we go through?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})