Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

That would be because the French national tam is picked on performance and game time rather than which club you play for I suppose.

If only England had the same idea

Didn't I hear Woy talking recently that historically someone played well so was likely to get included? Wilshere I think it was! If that is the attitude, then no wonder we are **** at tournaments.

As for Morgan, I really couldn't care less. He threw a strop (albeit was made to stay) and thought the grass was greener over the other side of the fence. It was his choice, he can live with it.

Sell Vic for £20m and bring Morgan back for £15m and have him with Clasie and Romeu as our centre mids. Be a nice trio.

We will get £15 max for Wanyama IMO. Even with new PL money- the fact he is in final year of contract will reduce price IMO. Only potential way it will go up, having said that, is if there is a bidding war for him.

is that a joke?

Crying on twitter at the hardship of having to stay and play for little old Southampton, oh poor old Morgan eh.

Pleased with this news, hope he misses out on the Euros.

We will get £15 max for Wanyama IMO. Even with new PL money- the fact he is in final year of contract will reduce price IMO. Only potential way it will go up, having said that, is if there is a bidding war for him.

Not the fact he has been bang average for most of the season and a red card magnet then.....

Crying on twitter at the hardship of having to stay and play for little old Southampton, oh poor old Morgan eh.

Pleased with this news, hope he misses out on the Euros.

Beyond pathetic.

Do you seriously think that he ought to have turned down Champions League football and the chance to triple his salary?

Not at all. But lets not pretend he left with dignity.

He did what many would do.

Maybe but he stayed for another season and applied himself in the correct manner, turning in some excellent performances. The same cannot be said for Wanyama.

Sell Vic for £20m and bring Morgan back for £15m and have him with Clasie and Romeu as our centre mids. Be a nice trio.

A - we won't get £20m for Wanyama, probably about £12m.

B - Utd won't sell Morgan for £15m

C - Morgan won't take a massive pay cut to come here when Spurs have much more cash and Champs League football.

Not the fact he has been bang average for most of the season and a red card magnet then.....

He had an excellent record for them initially, having only lost one match when actually picked when the rest of the team was piling up the defeats... until their recent injury crisis. He's hardly played in a winning team since Christmas though.

Not at all. But lets not pretend he left with dignity.

He did what many would do.

He absolutely left with dignity. Having thrown his toys initially (and not surprisingly when half the team were allowed to leave basically because they got out first), he played very well from the start of the season to his injury before the end, put in excellent, professional performances throughout and went with the best wishes of most.

He absolutely left with dignity. Having thrown his toys initially (and not surprisingly when half the team were allowed to leave basically because they got out first), he played very well from the start of the season to his injury before the end, put in excellent, professional performances throughout and went with the best wishes of most.

This. Plus he's actually a nice guy who isn't up his own backside. I do think it's a shame it's not working out for him.

This. Plus he's actually a nice guy who isn't up his own backside. I do think it's a shame it's not working out for him.

Agree with that. Just hope the new manager appreciates him more. Or he moves on to a decent team. Always thought Arsenal would suit him far better, though he'd fit at Spurs now. Or move to a big team such as Leicester.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I don't have any animosity towards him at all but I certainly don't feel sorry for him. It was his decision to leave, his wages will have inflated beyond his wildest dreams, and he's playing for a massive club. Feel sorry for him? No way.

I don't have any animosity towards him at all but I certainly don't feel sorry for him. It was his decision to leave, his wages will have inflated beyond his wildest dreams, and he's playing for a massive club. Feel sorry for him? No way.

A once massive club, rapidly fading with a currently poor team and crap manager.

A once massive club, rapidly fading with a currently poor team and crap manager.

They might be a shadow of their former selves but that doesn't make them any less huge in terms of support around the world.

It hasn't worked for him so far but it's his first season, maybe the big club pressure has got to him. Let's see what happens next season, possibly with another manager.

But however it turns out, he made the decision to go there so I'm not going to have a little cry on his behalf.

So do we think that Mourinho, or whoever else the new Man U manager is, will include Morgan in the clearout when they build their new team?

He's not as good as some on here make out . He is great in a side our level , but is only squad player level when you're looking at the top top clubs . I like the guy , long fondly back at his time here & wish him well , but the reality is he's a French Henderson.

Mourinho will love him next season.

This. Mourinho's teams typically use two holding midfielders who can tackle and screen the back four, plus move the ball to the attacking midfielders. Makelele, Matic, Mikel etc. Morgan is at least as good as Matic, and definitely better than the other two.

He's not as good as some on here make out . He is great in a side our level , but is only squad player level when you're looking at the top top clubs . I like the guy , long fondly back at his time here & wish him well , but the reality is he's a French Henderson.

Agree. He was v good for us but many are over rating and seem to think he would make the world best XI. And so should have gone to Arsenal.

he embarrassed himself with his strop/strike....he (apparently) got a £1m 'bonus' for the hardship of staying with us another season

Awesome player for us and would have him back in a heartbeat

Football is a business and lets not pretend that money doesn't come into it. He may have been unhappy the year before but from my recollection he did a decent job for us last year and I don't recall there being any lack of dignity when he left.

Its really sad. I have heard some rag fans saying how **** he is. He adds nothing & is a complete waste of money. Clueless bunch. I would have him back in a heart beat. In fact I would take 3 x-saints back this summer if I could (Morgan, Chambers, Ox).......

Well also Clyne if that was ever a possibility if we are dealing in hypotheticals.

Its really sad. I have heard some rag fans saying how **** he is. He adds nothing & is a complete waste of money. Clueless bunch. I would have him back in a heart beat. In fact I would take 3 x-saints back this summer if I could (Morgan, Chambers, Ox).......

If we only made 3 signings this summer and it was those three, I think that would be pretty exciting. Chambers left far far too early in his development and he has suffered for it. You can always understand why hex went to Arsensl but if you look at the facts ( and the Ox, and Theo to a lesser degree) have not fulfilled their potential under the so called master that people think Wenger is.

Get all three back, decide whether Chambers is a CB or a RB, play the OX as the AM and sit Morgan in front of the defence. Sorted!!!

I find it hilarious to be honest.

Barely a week used to pass by last season without him popping up in some French media outlet telling the world how he was looking forward to his next challenge and wasn't going to be watching tv on a Wednesday night anymore (i.e. Off to Champions League).

I wouldn't be surprised though if Spurs come in with a cheeky £20m bid for him this summer, United might be happy to off-load, depends if Spurs feel they're well enough covered in midfield now or not.

I find it hilarious to be honest.

Barely a week used to pass by last season without him popping up in some French media outlet telling the world how he was looking forward to his next challenge and wasn't going to be watching tv on a Wednesday night anymore (i.e. Off to Champions League).

I wouldn't be surprised though if Spurs come in with a cheeky £20m bid for him this summer, United might be happy to off-load, depends if Spurs feel they're well enough covered in midfield now or not.

dont forget, he definitely left with dignity. despite telling anyone with a microphone that he could not wait to leave (basically)

Edited by Batman

Its really sad. I have heard some rag fans saying how **** he is. He adds nothing & is a complete waste of money. Clueless bunch.

The fact that he stayed with us for so long suggests he is quite a sensitive and loyal young man and must be going through his own mini misery hell right now. No doubt he will have reviewed in his mind whether he should have stayed here after all rather than be lured away by the fading glamour of a once big club.

He will come good again 'though once he is working with people who make him feel valued and settled, that isn't what van Gaal is offering right now. Like other contributors I do sense that he will end up with Spurs under Poch or under Koeman wherever Koeman ends up next - Arsenal?

dont forget, he definitely left with dignity. despite telling anyone with a microphone that he could not wait to leave (basically)

Go ahead and find some evidence. Pretty much all he did in the last season was say "we'll see" when people asked if he was staying whilst we were in the top 4.

This. Mourinho's teams typically use two holding midfielders who can tackle and screen the back four, plus move the ball to the attacking midfielders. Makelele, Matic, Mikel etc. Morgan is at least as good as Matic, and definitely better than the other two.

Mate no offence but are you ****ing high? Makalele is the best DM to grace the Premier League.