Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

Go ahead and find some evidence. Pretty much all he did in the last season was say "we'll see" when people asked if he was staying whilst we were in the top 4.

here you go

Today I am in Southampton. We are second in the Premier League, we have done well. We'll see what will happen if we are still in the Champions League places at the end of the season and I will make the choice. I will see with my club

“I had a good conversation with the directors and they know what my intentions are. We’ll see how things go

Yes, I think my decision is made. I learned a lot last season. Now it is time to play in the champions league.

I have a contract. If a club pays the right amount for me, it will be time to leave. The amount? I have no idea but I will not leave for a small price. Southampton is known to be a good seller club, the price should be high enough and I want to progress further and play champions league football

I wish to further myself by playing champions league football. That will be away from Southampton

With everything I've been through, I know that there are opportunities that should not be missed. I wish to play champions league football

I told the club back in the summer, ‘you do not respect me, you do not respect your words, you treat me like cattle. However, I will stay for the rest of the season'

The club wants to grow,” he said.

“I have stayed, we will try to finish as high as possible to continue like this for a long time then I will play for a great club"

I have to give myself every chance of playing in the European Championships next year and Arsenal are a club that can help me achieve that.”

took about 3 mins on google to find...from last season at various times.

SOG, It's called backing up things you say with evidence and proof, as opposed to lying and then running away. I know you're far more familiar with the latter course of action.

funny how he hounds people for proof or a link when someone posts that a saints player is linked to another club

morgan clearly wanted out. he went on a strop and was told he had to stay another season.

He was pretty open in telling anyone who wanted to know he intended to leave after being 'forced' to stay another year

I know he played well in that year but lets not pretend he was somehow dignified about it all.

Lallana was also excellent for us in his last season. Yet he is hated by most in our parts

PS - I would have both back in a heartbeat

funny how he hounds people for proof or a link when someone posts that a saints player is linked to another club

morgan clearly wanted out. he went on a strop and was told he had to stay another season.

He was pretty open in telling anyone who wanted to know he intended to leave after being 'forced' to stay another year

I know he played well in that year but lets not pretend he was somehow dignified about it all.

Lallana was also excellent for us in his last season. Yet he is hated by most in our parts

PS - I would have both back in a heartbeat

Hounds people? Really? I may have asked once or twice for a link but "hounds." I don't dispute that he wanted out. What I did say though is that he did stay for another season and he didn't leave on bad terms as far as I can see. Once he had agreed to stay I didn't see any lack of dignity. Did anyone else apart from Batman?

No I don't. I don't lie and I don't run away. What I do is to put certain internet trolls on ignore. That is not running away.

Putting people on ignore isn't running away, but making knowingly ridiculous statements as if they are true (lying) and then refusing repeated requests to explain or back up your position, is running away. You've done it countless times.

Its hilarious how Toby's like always_sfc and SOG ask for evidence, then when it's provided those that do are accused of bullying and trolling. :lol:

I see that always fella is doing his usual trick of just moaning about other posters! Some things never change. Don't ever change, pal!

Its hilarious how Toby's like always_sfc and SOG ask for evidence, then when it's provided those that do are accused of bullying and trolling. :lol:

What is a Toby? I think the point is that it was said that Morgan left the club without dignity but the evidence provided was from the previous season when he spat his dummy out. I don't recall him leaving on bad terms. Do you?

Edited by sadoldgit

Putting people on ignore isn't running away, but making knowingly ridiculous statements as if they are true (lying) and then refusing repeated requests to explain or back up your position, is running away. You've done it countless times.

There is a difference between making "knowingly ridiculous statements" (which is highly subjective by the way) and lying. I have explained where I have thought it necessary and I have not run away from any thread. There was a period when I had a couple of trolls on ignore, you being one, so it may well have been that I didn't read a number of requests to explain what I said. That is what happens it you have people on ignore. It is not running away. I have tried to explain hyperbole to your mate Hypo but he doesn't get it. Not my fault. You both seem to have an agenda, not just with me but with other posters. Instead of attacking other people all of the time, perhaps both of you should have a look at yourselves? Trolling on the internet is not a great way to spend your lives, no matter how important it might make you feel.

I'm 100% fine with people disagreeing with each other on football matters, which is what forums like this are for, but it's really quite annoying to keep going to a topic hoping to find an interesting (or at least topic related) new post and instead seeing people comparing the size of their willies.

Schneiderlin is gone. He did a great job here and he's a great player who will flourish again in the future. We can be grateful for what he contributed, understand his attempted move upwards after all those years, feel sad about his leaving, and make the personal choice to still support him as a player or rejoice in his failure. I personally prefer when a player is honest about his intentions (when sort of appropriate, like in this case), so the club can plan ahead for replacements, especially when the player keeps playing his best.

I'm 100% fine with people disagreeing with each other on football matters, which is what forums like this are for, but it's really quite annoying to keep going to a topic hoping to find an interesting (or at least topic related) new post and instead seeing people comparing the size of their willies.

Schneiderlin is gone. He did a great job here and he's a great player who will flourish again in the future. We can be grateful for what he contributed, understand his attempted move upwards after all those years, feel sad about his leaving, and make the personal choice to still support him as a player or rejoice in his failure. I personally prefer when a player is honest about his intentions (when sort of appropriate, like in this case), so the club can plan ahead for replacements, especially when the player keeps playing his best.

That's where I'm at. Well said.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Has anyone who's left since we got in the premier league gone on to be the player they were signed to be , Clyne maybe ?

Lovren has found his way at Liverpool but not at a better standard than when he was with us.

Undeniably, after a couple of years it's becoming clear that selling all this players was not that bad after all.