Outfits for Europe

Turkish

We haven't had a clothes thread for a while, not since our promotion to the premier league so with Europe on the horizon I think its time the most stylist among us imparted some advice so the rest of you don't embarrass us with your lack of style and poor grooming. Remember everyone, you club and city are now representing ourselves across Europe, there is a very real chance we could be rubbing shoulders with some very well dressed fans, so its time to raise our game. Remember even if we have to go to small Eastern Europe City or country you don't have to dress like you're from there! We obviously don't want fancy dress, no clown suits, road cone hats etc and We don't want to see any shirts over hoodies and in the early stages in hotter climates no three quarter length shorts or nasty Lonsdale style velco strapped trainers.

My wardrobe is Pretty much sorted for the qualifiers, I'm presuming wherever we go its going or be warm so got myself a couple of moncler polo shirts, which I'll team with some chino shorts and a pair of superga trainers.

So what will you be wearing? If any of you need any advice do not hesitate to ask.

Hi Turks. I'm in the market for a smart hat to keep the sun off. Obviously baseball caps are a no no and the old knotted hankie is no good.

What would you recommend? I'm leaning towards a smart panama but don't want to look like Stephen Fry.

ps thanks for starting this thread, you're a life-saver!

We haven't had a clothes thread for a while, not since our promotion to the premier league so with Europe on the horizon I think its time the most stylist among us imparted some advice so the rest of you don't embarrass us with your lack of style and poor grooming. Remember everyone, you club and city are now representing ourselves across Europe, there is a very real chance we could be rubbing shoulders with some very well dressed fans, so its time to raise our game. Remember even if we have to go to small Eastern Europe City or country you don't have to dress like you're from there! We obviously don't want fancy dress, no clown suits, road cone hats etc and We don't want to see any shirts over hoodies and in the early stages in hotter climates no three quarter length shorts or nasty Lonsdale style velco strapped trainers.

My wardrobe is Pretty much sorted for the qualifiers, I'm presuming wherever we go its going or be warm so got myself a couple of moncler polo shirts, which I'll team with some chino shorts and a pair of superga trainers.

So what will you be wearing? If any of you need any advice do not hesitate to ask.

Moncler ? Really ? Yuck.

Moncler ? Really ? Yuck.

What's he like eh? Over priced tat for label whores. I'm going for something more subtle, maybe a Reiss terry towelling polo for the evenings. If it's warm I'll be rocking a boring old tee and my usual short/flip-flop combo:

1_big.jpg

SocksNSandals.gif

What's he like eh? Over priced tat for label whores. I'm going for something more subtle, maybe a Reiss terry towelling polo for the evenings. If it's warm I'll be rocking a boring old tee and my usual short/flip-flop combo:

SocksNSandals.gif

Ha! what a fashion miss.Socks pulled up to the knee ffs Goaty

Another thread derailed by the trolls. Our reputation is at stake here, we don't want to become a laughing stock with fans dragging our club same through the gutter with their trimly appearance or even worse, attempts at wacky behaviour. Its no wonder this place is going down the pan.

Another thread derailed by the trolls. Our reputation is at stake here, we don't want to become a laughing stock with fans dragging our club same through the gutter with their trimly appearance or even worse, attempts at wacky behaviour. Its no wonder this place is going down the pan.

What you doing here? I thought the good posters didn't post anymore

Sorry, it has to be Dry Fit Greg Norman golf shirts all the way..........

(Couldn't resist that sorry! Tickets permitting, we have a decent sized crew who will be coming from this neck of the woods, so we're going for the own badged Polo shirts for the journey. After that it depends. We have an agent who has just returned to the homeland who is tasked with acquiring "Mega Store" gear, training tops or even away shirts. But again the issue is getting them to us. Worst case we will go with last seasons' home shirts)

DP - whatever happened to our Bangkok sourced PNJT t-shirts?

I have to say I was intrigued by the thread and even opened the OP's post! :-) I always ignore the ones he posts immediately after me in other threads, but obviously I can't do that in this one.

Personally I shall wear some Union flag dungarees (my first pair of dungarees since I was 6) with a rainbow scarf. Not sure about the top - I may wear the latest Saints shirt, although not sure what size I take. Footwear will obviously be moulded studs for the firm early season conditions, although if there's a big enough whip-round I'll bring the whip and high heeled-boots.

PS: guys, don't want to be negative, but given the number of typos in the post do you think Turkish had a few too many G&Ts before dinner?

DP - whatever happened to our Bangkok sourced PNJT t-shirts?

I have to say I was intrigued by the thread and even opened the OP's post! :-) I always ignore the ones he posts immediately after me in other threads, but obviously I can't do that in this one.

Personally I shall wear some Union flag dungarees (my first pair of dungarees since I was 6) with a rainbow scarf. Not sure about the top - I may wear the latest Saints shirt, although not sure what size I take. Footwear will obviously be moulded studs for the firm early season conditions, although if there's a big enough whip-round I'll bring the whip and high heeled-boots.

PS: guys, don't want to be negative, but given the number of typos in the post do you think Turkish had a few too many G&Ts before dinner?

Good point Sue but unfortunately Marriage has kinda limited my trips in that direction..........

A thread about threads. Nice.

Can I pair a Saints-red Weekend Offender polo I bought on sale with some natty Namanica chinos and my trusty Chatham Orwells?

I will probably end up looking some mad uncle that has raided Turkish's wardrobe, but what price fashion?

Mind you, I might just rock my normal travel-wear of a USAF black flight suit (lots of pockets for money/ticket/passport/boiled sweets and no belt to remove at the airport).

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Turkish - I'm gonna be flying over for one of the qualifiers in mid-August. I'll be coming from the US which means I'll be fat, loud and obnoxious. Please can you recommend a suitable attire for someone in my possish?

Hi Turks. I'm in the market for a smart hat to keep the sun off. Obviously baseball caps are a no no and the old knotted hankie is no good.

What would you recommend? I'm leaning towards a smart panama but don't want to look like Stephen Fry.

I can recommend these people:

https://www.panamas.co.uk

They have a shop in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, with a very helpful pretty young lady :)

In addition to providing us with spiritual guidance, the Dalai Lama has this very weekend shown us the way when it comes to fashionable headgear. A simple yet colourful tee-shirt appears to be the trend for 2015.

His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama/

Here is mine sorted. Is that acceptable Turkish?

11510637_xl.jpg

51500722_xl.jpg

Prob just go for a Saints short that is too tight for the top. If it is cold which it shouldn't be in July I will just wear it over my Lonsdale hoody

118021HoodedsweatWhitechapel_black.jpg&w=300&h=300