2015 Tour De France

Bobbyboy

You only have to look at Saints and see how we use a different approach to punch above our weight...Getting it right in terms of science, health, nutrition, training and recruitment has given us an marginal edge at present, and I believe this is where Sky as a team maintain an edge over other teams.

Recruitment yes, the rest of those elements I'd say no (all the teams do that these days) and perhaps that is the same with SKY - their better recruitment is the reason they are running away with the tour again. Hope that is the case and not something else.

Difficult to know how much Quintana benefited from Froomes mechanical problem, but for me Froome has looked a little below par, coughing might suggest a slight illness, and Quintana looked stronger and I fancy him to take that 2.40 minutes today and win the tour. It's been a very good tour, but the doping issue is taking away some of enjoyment. Absolutely love the tour, but we must have an even playing field

Good stage today.

The French couldn't police a rowdy meeting of the WI let alone do crowd control at a sporting event - the scenes on the final climb today were ridiculous, luckily Sky were shrewd enough to send their Dutchman up first through the Orange corner.

How are the authorities getting on with arresting the bloke identified yesterday spitting on Froome? Won't hold my breath.

And well done to the rest of the Sky riders for the shift they put in today.

Now I just await the results of Nibali's blood test from yesterday.

Amazing penultimate stage. I really thought Quintana was going to, do it but the sky team came through for Froome after the mare the day before. Tremendous days racing. Doping issues aside this was one of the best tours for years. The mountain bias worked a treat. Great to finish up a mountain too.

Well that's essentially it. 49 weeks of anticipation and it's done and dusted. Fantastic stuff. In some ways I think this rates better than Froome's 2013 win. Movistar were clearly the strongest in the Alps with Valverde, Ancona and Herrada all climbing better than Poels, Porte and Thomas. Shame G went backwards in the last couple of days, but he stuck it out well into the third week. Great stuff for a rider not rated as a grand tour contender. His time may never come unfortunately unless he team leads in the Vuelta or Giro. Was chatting to my mate next door who was in the Bourg d'Oisans area in June and did the Glandon/Croix de Fer from Allemond up and down as well as doing La Marmotte in 2013 so knows the Glandon well reckons its a far harder climb than the Telegraphe/Galibier and a more dangerous ascent either way. Chapeau to all the pro's, they make it look so easy. It always inspires as it is such a hard sport as VFTT can attest. My aims now are to do the Alps, particularly the Alpe, Glandon/CDF and Lacets de Montvernier before I'm 60.

ITV may be ****e at football, but their coverage of this was excellent. Loved the light hearted style of commentary/analysis which would turn serious when required, and the FAQ sections were great for a newcomer to the sport like me (and I suspect without being patronising to those who already understand it). I went from one who occasionally tuned in in previous years to admire the scenery to an avid watcher hooked on every single days highlights.

ITV may be ****e at football, but their coverage of this was excellent. Loved the light hearted style of commentary/analysis which would turn serious when required, and the FAQ sections were great for a newcomer to the sport like me (and I suspect without being patronising to those who already understand it). I went from one who occasionally tuned in in previous years to admire the scenery to an avid watcher hooked on every single days highlights.

Agree. I've always liked Gary Imlach, and Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett are excellent. I'm not sure David Millar adds much.

Eurosport's coverage on the other hand drives me nuts with Carlton Kirby's over-excited drivel, fairly shoddy production and overly-long format. That said, fair play to them for covering cycling for the rest of the year as well.

Agree. I've always liked Gary Imlach, and Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett are excellent. I'm not sure David Millar adds much.

Eurosport's coverage on the other hand drives me nuts with Carlton Kirby's over-excited drivel, fairly shoddy production and overly-long format. That said, fair play to them for covering cycling for the rest of the year as well.

I'm loyal to Eurosport BECAUSE they do all of the cycling. No chance of seeing the Tour of Poland live on ITV 4 or The Tour Of The Arctic for that matter, both of which were excellent last year.

Gary Imlach does a very good job IMO, made so much harder by Boardman's abrupt answers. When you are trying to fill because Ned can't grab a rider to interview the last thing you need is a short sharp reply to a pulled out of a hat question. He seems to lack enthusiasm. That is perhaps his personality, but at times it feels as though he doesn't want to be there. If that's the case why doesn't he **** off and let someone that does? Boardman also seems to avoid providing an opinion about any of the doping issues brought up. Miller offers more insight in general and obviously especially about that subject, but it certainly feels uncomfortable him commenting on doping.

I think ITV could step up their montages. They could be longer as they are great. I still miss the Channel4 tour de france intro music.

I'm loyal to Eurosport BECAUSE they do all of the cycling. No chance of seeing the Tour of Poland live on ITV 4 or The Tour Of The Arctic for that matter, both of which were excellent last year.

Me also. I don't mind either Gary Imlach or Chris Boardman on ITV4 but I'm afraid I much prefer the excitable drivel of Carlton Kirby to the partonising utter ****** that come with the two Ps, even if it does come with Sean Kelly constantly referring to Ulrika Greenedge!

Me also. I don't mind either Gary Imlach or Chris Boardman on ITV4 but I'm afraid I much prefer the excitable drivel of Carlton Kirby to the partonising utter ****** that come with the two Ps, even if it does come with Sean Kelly constantly referring to Ulrika Greenedge!

Or everything starting "well, yes".

Well that's essentially it. 49 weeks of anticipation and it's done and dusted. Fantastic stuff. In some ways I think this rates better than Froome's 2013 win. Movistar were clearly the strongest in the Alps with Valverde, Ancona and Herrada all climbing better than Poels, Porte and Thomas. Shame G went backwards in the last couple of days, but he stuck it out well into the third week. Great stuff for a rider not rated as a grand tour contender. His time may never come unfortunately unless he team leads in the Vuelta or Giro. Was chatting to my mate next door who was in the Bourg d'Oisans area in June and did the Glandon/Croix de Fer from Allemond up and down as well as doing La Marmotte in 2013 so knows the Glandon well reckons its a far harder climb than the Telegraphe/Galibier and a more dangerous ascent either way. Chapeau to all the pro's, they make it look so easy. It always inspires as it is such a hard sport as VFTT can attest. My aims now are to do the Alps, particularly the Alpe, Glandon/CDF and Lacets de Montvernier before I'm 60.

Am there in two weeks.

I'm currently in the foothills of the Pyrenees at the heat is crippling on the bike.

Oh yeah after having done Luz Ardiden I almost had a meltdown running out of fluids halfway up Hautacam one day in the scorching heat. Not nice when that happens.

Where abouts are you going?

My mates, our deadly treadlies and I are staying slap bang on the top of Alpe D'Huez at the ski resort - there for four full days. Can't wait.

Oh yeah after having done Luz Ardiden I almost had a meltdown running out of fluids halfway up Hautacam one day in the scorching heat. Not nice when that happens.

My mates, our deadly treadlies and I are staying slap bang on the top of Alpe D'Huez at the ski resort - there for four full days. Can't wait.

Fantastic. Just been chatting to neighbour about the next trip. They stayed in Huez village half way up just on the end of the balcony road that goes to Villard-Reculas. Looking at staying in the L'Arc valley in future mainly because of uncertainty over Chambon Tunnel on D1091. Opens up a whole new playground.