Nigel Pearson sacked

SaintLiam

Just popped up on BBC's Twitter feed, also confirmed on Leicester's twitter.

Seems a bit odd really, especially with people thinking he should've been manager of the season after that escape

Leicester quote:

"The Board of Directors recognises the success Nigel has helped to bring to Leicester City during his two spells in charge of the Club, particularly during the last three and a half years. However, it has become clear to the Club that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us. Regrettably, the Club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the Board is no longer viable.

Leicester City’s owners, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Nigel for the considerable contribution he has made during his time with the Club and wish him well in the future.

Khun Vichai and Khun Top remain wholly committed to the Club’s long-term development and to on going investment in a squad that will continue to be competitive in the Premier League. We trust that the Club’s supporters will recognise that the owners have always acted with the best interests of the Club at heart and with the Club’s long-term future as their greatest priority.

Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh will take charge of first team duties while the Club begins its recruitment of a new manager. There will be no further comment until this process has concluded."

That Japanese fella they've signed up front never felt like a Pearson signing.

Committee signing? Pearson says **** you, committee says **** you back and BTW if that's your attitude (and actually understandable) you're fired? Pure conjecture of course.

That wouldn't have helped, but really, he should have been sacked for his antics during the season.

Exactly what I said when he grabbed that player by the throat. To me, that was a sacking right there, and I still can't understand why the fa let it go.

Committee signing? Pearson says **** you, committee says **** you back and BTW if that's your attitude (and actually understandable) you're fired? Pure conjecture of course.

Nothing to do with him. They've been linked with the fella for a couple of seasons. His goal/assist record in the Bundesliga last season is pretty decent, virtually on a par with Firminio. Reports saying it's over the sacking of Pearson's son.

Cambiasso with Arry as DoF? Not sure where Jordon and Bond would go mind. Won't be long before he puts his hand up saying how much he loves crisps and that he's always wanted to manage in the East Midlands ever since Forest and Derby were battling it out...

The fellow was very emotionally unstable last season when under stress and his behaviour reflected that in a number of unacceptable events.

And those are only the public ones we know about, God knows what went on behind closed doors and on the training ground...

• 2 weeks later...
Got Big Sam Job written all over it probably a wise choice if they just want to stay up.

Couldn't have been much further out! Interesting choice, suggests a different style of play and more ambition than just staying up. Not saying it will work mind you, but I am sure a lot of other clubs fans thought that of us when we appointed our last two managers.

Interesting appointment, I like him actually. I especially liked him in "Cheaper By The Dozen" and "Father of the Bride".

In all seriousness, this is either gonna be a disastrous move or a brilliant move from the Leicester owners.

• 5 months later...

I didn't post on this thread but I did agree with those saying it was an awful appointment. It obviously was, he'd lost to the flipping Faroe Islands.

Fair play to them, a couple of weeks ago they were 'mathematically' locked into the top 6, they are already approaching a points tally which means it will require an almighty collapse not to finish top four.

But still I think they will fall away a bit one or two key injuries probably will cripple them, as might a getting-carried-away shopping spree in January. I am saying fifth.

I didn't post on this thread but I did agree with those saying it was an awful appointment. It obviously was, he'd lost to the flipping Faroe Islands.

Fair play to them, a couple of weeks ago they were 'mathematically' locked into the top 6, they are already approaching a points tally which means it will require an almighty collapse not to finish top four.

But still I think they will fall away a bit one or two key injuries probably will cripple them, as might a getting-carried-away shopping spree in January. I am saying fifth.

no team with 35 points at this stage of the season has failed to finish top 4.

until now. I agree

i think 1 team in the last 25 years has not finished in the top 4 with at least the same points leicester have now at this stage

that was a john gregory villa side in 1998. According to 5live last night

Leicester do have to go to the big boys

but if I was a leicester fan, i would be hoping the club make 1 or 2 good signings in jan. They have a great chance.

fair play to them

but obviously, leicester have NO CHANCE of top 4. Like us last season and it would be only the utter MONGS on a Leicester MONG-BOARD who think they can

Edited by Batman

but obviously, leicester have NO CHANCE of top 4. Like us last season and it would be only the utter MONGS on a Leicester MONG-BOARD who think they can

Don't forget Mongboards are inhabited by Helmets, almost everyone who goes to football these days is a helmet apparently. Only the Chief Helmet (and his little mate) are exempt.

no team with 35 points at this stage of the season has failed to finish top 4.

until now. I agree

But how do the goals scored/goals conceded stats look for those teams. Leiecester ship a fair few goals for a top side, you have to go down to Bournemouth for a side that have conceded more. If they stop scoring for some reason or other (and let's not forget that 26 out of their 34 goals come from the same 2 players) then they may well struggle in a big way.

But how do the goals scored/goals conceded stats look for those teams. Leiecester ship a fair few goals for a top side, you have to go down to Bournemouth for a side that have conceded more. If they stop scoring for some reason or other (and let's not forget that 26 out of their 34 goals come from the same 2 players) then they may well struggle in a big way.

The have only conceded 3 more goals than Liverpool, but are a free scoring team that look very very dangerous when they have the ball ( they are the highest scoring team in the league ), they conced goals cause the are an adventurous team that push to score goals. they dont mess about in possesion, they dont waste time, if they have the ball only one thing they want to do with it, and thats put in it the back of the net. i would say they haev about as much chance of top four as Liverpool and Spurs both of who have lost form recently. Liverpool have lost 1 game and drawn 2, all 3 games they should have won. Spurs just lost to Newcastle and are looking very very tired and no where near the team they was a few weeks ago.

Chelsea are out of top four race. they can only hope the current top four lose many many man games if they have any hope of reaching it which is not very likely, but i can picture Leicester investing in January, its not like they have 0 money they have an owner who is not scared of FFP rules and isnt worried about dipping his hand in his pocket..............they will keep pushing till the end of the season, they wont stop. Also they are 8th in goals conceded currently in the league so i dont know why you think they are 2nd from bottem on goals conceded.

Don't forget Mongboards are inhabited by Helmets, almost everyone who goes to football these days is a helmet apparently. Only the Chief Helmet (and his little mate) are exempt.

Mong-boards are for helmets. Unless of course, you get to talk about the previous chairman who was a dwarf who liked his own lift and his own set of spoons. Talking about that is OK.

Talk of saints pushing for top 4 (when we were 3rd) and suggest that we buy a good player in jan last season meant you were a f-ing clueless, deluded mong-boarding helmet

Mong-boards are for helmets. Unless of course, you get to talk about the previous chairman who was a dwarf who liked his own lift and his own set of spoons. Talking about that is OK.

Talk of saints pushing for top 4 (when we were 3rd) and suggest that we buy a good player in jan last season meant you were a f-ing clueless, deluded mong-boarding helmet

Lets not forget the Cult of Cortese..

You two seem to be having a jolly nice time, but no idea what or who you're blathering about.

Leicester, if they make it to the top 4 will do it in the manner and in the conditions that I have said countless times could happen. If anything they are proving me right.

Good luck them and good luck to you both. Let me know if you have a point to make.

Edited by CB Fry

It's a bloody shame tho when you think that we were doing similar things to Leicester last season. Mixing it with the big boys.

Although to be fair I never felt we were playing THAT well whilst doing it. Leicester on the other hand look very tidy indeed.

Like I said, bloody shame it isn't us again having a good go.