The Official Unofficial Glastonbury 2016 thread.

swannymere

So slowly running out of 60's and 70's legends and genuine Pyramid worthy artists any guesses for headliners 2016?

Foo Fighters - A formality?

Roxy Music

The Chemical Brothers/Fatboy Slim

Duran Duran

Led Zeppelin

Rhianna

The Cure

Pearl Jam

Edited by swannymere

• 4 months later...

Guns n Roses or AC/DC would be awesome, Blur just did Abu Dhabi

Think we might see Adele finally Go Large (Mrs D_P knows someone who said she knows Adele's Kindergarten teacher's Indian Grandparents Martian Sister that lives in Borneo cloning Orangutans or something who says it's a done deal)

And Coldplay have a new album coming out I think so they will be gagging for publicity

Toto are on tour so could fill a legends spot as is Jones the Voice or maybe a Julio & Enrique Iglesias double act?

Totally can't believe we got tickets for next year, I'd been on a Stag do so overslept, one of my crew was on holiday in Turkey with no WiFi in his hotel and the final member had started drinking at 10am on the Saturday before going to the egg chasing at Twickenham and basically pulled an all nighter with mates, he was still drinking when his alarm went off at 08:55 so he logged on from his phone and boom straight in and booked tickets by 09:04am

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So Coldplay confirmed for Sunday night and although not a big fan they are much better live than their recorded output suggests still disappointed as they seem to be on heavy rotation. Still keeping fingers crossed for The Cure although i believe they're doing other festivals so unlikely. Couldn't give a monkeys about ELO though.

The 2016 headliners were booked before Foo Fighters pulled out so it won't be them.

Aretha Franklin in the legends slot, please.

Aretha Franklin has only ever appeared in the UK once before and that was by royal invitation at Buckingham Palace in 2002. Her only previous appearances in Europe were in 1968. Apparently, it's difficult for her to fly as she has to be carried off the plane through the rear exit:

"Airplane landings after throwing back the booze until she was drunk as a skunk traumatized her. She had to be taken off the plane by the rear exit to avoid reporters." She also cancels most of her concerts at the last minute. So, it's unlikely she'll appear even if she is booked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Full lineup announced today, pretty pleased overall although definitely lacking the WOW factor. New Order, Underworld, Richard Hawley, The 1975, Cyndi Lauper, Fat Boy Slim & PJ Harvey will do me. But lacking on the early Hip Hop front but we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full lineup announced today, pretty pleased overall although definitely lacking the WOW factor. New Order, Underworld, Richard Hawley, The 1975, Cyndi Lauper, Fat Boy Slim & PJ Harvey will do me. But lacking on the early Hip Hop front but we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D'Angelo's just improved the hip-hop offer considerably. They've also got the best young rapper in the world in Little Simz...

D'Angelo's just improved the hip-hop offer considerably. They've also got the best young rapper in the world in Little Simz...

I'm a little mainstream with Hip Hop, the last thing i bought was Kendrick Lamar although i do like B.Dolan. I've got Brown Sugar by D'Angelo will dig it out for a listen again. I'll also look up Little Simz, cheers.

• 1 month later...