Shaqiri to Stoke?!?!

cobraBLACK

I'd hate to do Stoke again but, if he's available, we've got to try and sign him.

Apparently the clubs have agreed terms and now Stoke have to persuade the player. They've got Mark Hughes, Bojan and wind. I'm sure we have more going for us.

From what I've seen, Shaqiri has the potential to be world class.

He's failed at pretty much everywhere he's gone. Bound to be on big wages. No thanks.

He did well at Basel and I think you can only say he technically failed at Bayern because he couldn't usurp Robben, Ribery or Muller. Which is not exactly an insult. According to that reliable source, The Internet, he's on less than £40k per week; which is not a lot for someone that has played for Bayern and Inter.

I'd say he's comparable to early Hazard. He just needs to learn to impose himself on games more as Hazard has over the last couple of seasons.

Would be surprised if that went through, agreeing a fee is the easy bit.

Stoke City forum makes funny reading - 53 pages on Shaqiri, over 200 pages on Konoplyanka, a thread where they are getting excited about Cedric Soares signing for them only for him to join us and my personal favourite "how the hell is Nzonzi valued at 6-8m and Schneiderlin 25m"

Looks like he isn't keen on them, won't swallow his pride.

I think he should take them up on their offer.

The lad has made bad career moves so far. Going to Bayern Munich when he was young and needed football, with them having Robben and Ribery on their books was stupidity. And then to finally leave them for an Inter Milan side that have suddenly decided to build up to challenge Juventus, with increased pressure, was another bad decision.

Maybe at Stoke he can play football and get back to the level he's capable of, use them as a springboard to a bigger club in 2016. might sound harsh on Stoke but thats what players do when they move to clubs like that.

Honestly think he'd be worth a punt for us. Massive talent, just look back at the world cup, happy playing for his country, he played good football.

I think he's a really good player - if he has a consistent run of games he will become instrumental for whichever team he plays for. I sometimes wonder if we look at players on the fringes of the really big clubs or assume that they are slightly out of our league currently, whether due to wages, player expectations or not backing our attractiveness as a club to bigger names. The latter might be starting to change with our performances over the last two seasons

BBC site says they will pay £12m for him and offer him only a 6 month contract!!! In 6 months, he is out of contract and walks away on a free?

Stoke are set to offer Switzerland international Xherdan Shaqiri, 23, a

six-month deal after agreeing a £12m fee with Inter Milan for the midfielder.

Is that a typo? Should that be 6 YEAR contract? You don't pay that for a temp!! :mcinnes:

BBC site says they will pay £12m for him and offer him only a 6 month contract!!! In 6 months, he is out of contract and walks away on a free?

Is that a typo? Should that be 6 YEAR contract? You don't pay that for a temp!! :mcinnes:

Maximum contract for a player can only be 5 years.

Looked good in the world cup' date=' but also looked a bit of a big head, a bit up himself, not always a bad thing but don''t know if we need that and with Long, Mane, Tadic, Rodriguez all playing the same kind of role I'd rather we risked 12 million elsewhere in the team.[/quote']

Well RK said this week we need more options in the AM role...

That's odd. Only having him on a six month contract would suggest they're concerned as to how he'll adapt... And yet they want to pay £12m!?

Anyone able to shed light on this one?

Ahaha what? He's better than all of our forward players put together.

But to be fair when you put all our forward players together, you get this big awkward blog with way too many legs, arms, and heads.

That's odd. Only having him on a six month contract would suggest they're concerned as to how he'll adapt... And yet they want to pay £12m!?

Anyone able to shed light on this one?

Has to be a typo, players with 6 months left can negotiate with other clubs.... so surely they are just chucking 12m down the toilet?

The hips don't lie.

Thank fook for that. My 'Columbian temptress' gags have been falling on deaf ears with my Stoke supporting mates. For a minute there i thought it was just me.....

Possible i'm just cack at jokes though.

I thought this story had dried up when Inter accepted the bid, told Shaqiri and he was left with this look on his face:

:?

But apparently he's likely to join (albeit with "a contract release clause should a Champions League club attempt to sign him").

W T F ?!

I will laughing about this all weekend.

Laughing and laughing. Because nothing makes me laugh more than things going wrong with transfers for clubs I have no interest in. Oh Stoke are truly the laughing stock of football.

TBF it says at the bottom of the article they are taking Glenn Johnson on a free......

I will laughing about this all weekend.

Laughing and laughing. Because nothing makes me laugh more than things going wrong with transfers for clubs I have no interest in. Oh Stoke are truly the laughing stock of football.

Suggest you don't click on "Shaqiri to Stoke" thread if you have no interest in it, CB.

From the oustide, they seem to be having a bit of a nightmare window. Missed out on Cedric, Konopylianka (sp) and now moved on from Shaqiri. And they've sold N'Zonzi and Begovic. Replaced him with Given and brought in a loan from Chelsea who the jury is fully out on.

As it stands, they are weaker than last year.

• 3 weeks later...