Feyenoord v Saints

100%Red&White

i went last time in 2001, we had about 500 there on a Sunday but the home end was completely full, Pierre Van Hooidonk scored the only goal i think.

any Saints fans considering making the trip i would recommend it, great ground to do and a nice place to visit. I had a look a couple of weeks ago and flights from Southampton to Amsterdam seemed quite reasonable, as did the London airports, might have changed a bit now though.

can't see us taking more than a couple of hundred this time with Europa League the following week.

Think it was the same last time we went there, free for season ticket holders for home fans, place was packed from early doors. The return of Koeman and Pelle must mae it a fairly big do for them.

It's nice to see Koeman & Pelle back at De Kuip but the return of Dirk Kuyt is more important... :p

But even without Kuyt or Pelle De Kuip would be sold out against Southampton, too bad we won't have more european games this year...

Btw, I'm looking forward to see Clasie (and hopefully Vilhena too) play against Southampton. He must be very motivated to make an impression on Koeman and you lot and he is able to give Kuyt the right assists... It would be funny to see him play against Wanyama too! Anyway, it won't be just another summer friendly and that's a good thing.

Btw, I'm looking forward to see Clasie (and hopefully Vilhena too) play against Southampton. He must be very motivated to make an impression on Koeman and you lot and he is able to give Kuyt the right assists... It would be funny to see him play against Wanyama too! Anyway, it won't be just another summer friendly and that's a good thing.

Unless we sign him first, of course. :)

Unless we sign him first, of course. :)

I hope so Whitey, Feyenoord is in need of a striker, an attacking midfielder and two backs and we could do without Clasie. However, I get the impression that Southampton is not willing to pay the asking price of 10 million pounds so it would be a good thing when Clasie does make an impression in the upcoming friendly. :)

Any idea of how many tickets have been sold today? I'm so nervous about not getting one! I expect they'll not run out prior to general sale but still, I'll worry until I've got one in my hands!

I can confirm 2.

I wouldn't worry for that long, they're only sending you a pre-ticket thingy to exchange for the actual ticket at the ground anyway IIRC.

I can confirm 2.

I wouldn't worry for that long, they're only sending you a pre-ticket thingy to exchange for the actual ticket at the ground anyway IIRC.

Well I'll be getting one the moment the clock ticks over to 9am on Wednesday, fingers crossed there isn't some crazy rush between now and then! 52,000 the capacity there right? Can't bloody wait

Got my ticket now, haven't had any sort of email confirmation which is a bit odd but it shows up in my purchase history. Do we get posted the ticket itself or something to exchange for a ticket when we're there? I've not travelled abroad for a match before!

Got my ticket now, haven't had any sort of email confirmation which is a bit odd but it shows up in my purchase history. Do we get posted the ticket itself or something to exchange for a ticket when we're there? I've not travelled abroad for a match before!

The voucher which you have to exchange for a ticket is for the Groningen game. Feyenoord tickets are being posted out. I got mine this morning.

The voucher which you have to exchange for a ticket is for the Groningen game. Feyenoord tickets are being posted out. I got mine this morning.

Cool! Make sure you get absolutely plastered. I look forward to reading about how ****e our support was.

Feyenoord against my favourite English side in De Kuip, wondering if van Beek/Kongolo are good enough already to play against the likes of Pelle and Rodriguez, hoping that Clasie/Vejinovic/El Ahmadi can match Schneiderlin/Wanyama/Djuricic (if they're all available...) and looking forward to see if Kuyt is still able at 35 to do some damage. Ok, it's only a friendly game so not every player will give 100% but who cares, this is a friendly game I do want to see!

Huh? Sorry honey, you did what? F*ck, I won't attend this one game I want to see, I'm on holiday... :rolleyes:

Wish you all a pleasant stay and a nice game in a great atmosphere!

Feyenoord against my favourite English side in De Kuip, wondering if van Beek/Kongolo are good enough already to play against the likes of Pelle and Rodriguez, hoping that Clasie/Vejinovic/El Ahmadi can match Schneiderlin/Wanyama/Djuricic (if they're all available...) and looking forward to see if Kuyt is still able at 35 to do some damage. Ok, it's only a friendly game so not every player will give 100% but who cares, this is a friendly game I do want to see!

Huh? Sorry honey, you did what? F*ck, I won't attend this one game I want to see, I'm on holiday... :rolleyes:

Ouch, I feel for you ;)

Can I have your ticket.....?

I'm going tomorrow and can't wait. As its a sell out though, I'm now a bit worried about parking. Any tips from our feyenoord regulars?

Parking is always a crime so you better come early. Especially now as there are roadworks going on at the "Brienenoord bridge" and delay is expected.

@DutchSaintsFC: Predicted Lineup Feyenoord: Vermeer; Karsdorp, Dammers, Kongolo, Nelom; Toornstra, Vejinovic, El Ahmadi; Basacikoglu, Kuyt, Boëtius. #feysou

They are obviously a decent side, but certainly one we have better players than and should win with a strong lineup.

@DutchSaintsFC: Predicted Lineup Feyenoord: Vermeer; Karsdorp, Dammers, Kongolo, Nelom; Toornstra, Vejinovic, El Ahmadi; Basacikoglu, Kuyt, Boëtius. #feysou

They are obviously a decent side, but certainly one we have better players than and should win with a strong lineup.

If we can't deal with that front line, then our defense will need a lot of work and a new CB can't come quick enough.

If we can't deal with that front line, then our defense will need a lot of work and a new CB can't come quick enough.

Correct. Plus, Sven van Beek their best centre back is out injured and obviously we now have Clasie, their best player of previous.

Should be by far the stronger side in theory.

Koeman states that both Gardos and Ramirez didn't travel "due to injuries" (Gardos knee - had operation yesterday, and Gaston just overall poor physical condition by the sounds of it)

Edited by trousers