What saints goal have you celebrated most?

old_southy

Beattie against the Mancs at Saint Mary's, scored in the last minutes to give a 1-0 win!

God, I was really ill that day and the doc had given me some really strong medication. Wasn't sure if we had actually done it or it was all a weird dream.

David Burnside FA Cup 1963 v Nottm Forest to level the score at 3 3 after being 3 0 down with 15 mins to go

The replay at White Hart Lane when we won 5 0 probably the best game I ever saw the atmosphere was tremendous with 30000 plus Saints Supporters there

Then of course there was Terry Paines goal at Leyton O to get us to Div 1 and Bobby Stokes' one in 1976

Ruddock penalty 88th minute Milton road v Newcastle 1-0 ... Legendary

Remember his double arms raised, high-knee-leg-pump celebrations in front of the Milton! Brilliant ?

Edited by jasonb

Aside from some of those mentioned above I'll add Steven Davis putting us 2-1 up at the Etihad in our first game back in the Premier League.

It was more than the goal, it was a celebration for everything we'd been through since being relegated under Redknapp.

I've never seen so many Saints fans with massive grins on their faces. There was utter disbelief that our team, largely made of players who had been with us since League 1, had come from behind to lead against the richest team in the country. My heart was racing to the point that if we had scored again it might have finished me off.

In no particular order:

- Richard Chaplow screamer vs Man U in the Cup in League 1 - me and my mate ended up about 5 rows away from where we were sat.

- Lee Barnard to put us 3-2 vs MK Dons at home in League 1 - a crucial game from 0-2 down at HT (special mention to Jono Quick for the quick fire double)

- Billy Sharp to go 2-1 up at home vs the blue few - absolute scenes!

- Osvaldo vs Man City - a stunning strike which I had a great view of!

- Henri Camara to beat Norwich 4-3 - I was driving at the time listening to Solent and nearly crashed!

- I also have to mention Rickie's winner vs Scotland for England! I went absolutely mental and I also had a tenner on him to score the last goal!

Bobby Stokes in 76 a loads of us were still celebrating 24 hours later and of course MLT his last competative game, last competative goal and last competative match at The Dell you could not have written the script any better.

Edited by Toomer

Lots of goals many mentioned above, Bobby 1976, Camara v Norwich, Beattie 88th minute v Manure. But the one that popped in my head just now was Papa Waigo equaliser last seconds v Norwich JPT, 4 of us, forty and fifty something's, seemed to have the Devil in us that night with no beer involved but the banter was flowing every quip was funny. I guess after having all watched crap for the previous few years and having seen into the abyss the previous summer, when that goal went in against a good Norwich it was like, oh yes The Saints are back!! We bounced around like we were 14 again......... Silly buggers!

David Burnside FA Cup 1963 v Nottm Forest to level the score at 3 3 after being 3 0 down with 15 mins to go

The replay at White Hart Lane when we won 5 0 probably the best game I ever saw the atmosphere was tremendous with 30000 plus Saints Supporters there

Then of course there was Terry Paines goal at Leyton O to get us to Div 1 and Bobby Stokes' one in 1976

Great post and agree with your choice. If I had to put one in first place for pure joy it gave me, it would be Terry's at LO!

At St Mary's - Camara's daisy cutter to win the match against Norwich. I forgot I was in my mid-50s and rather overdid the celebration. I had to sit down, take several deep breaths and drink some water.

Away - against Fulham at Loftus Road in 2003 - the 'Niemi' goal. Last minute, having been down 2-0 and Michael Svensson nodded in after Niemi had hit the bar. It all happened down at the far end and most of us thought it was Niemi who had scored.

Far too many to pick out just the one, but...

MLT against Arsenal at The Dell

This one brought tears to my eyes. My other was the shot by Barry Horne from about 3 miles out in the cup in the last minute. Forget who it was against.

When the 3rd one went in against Coventry in the last game of the 2011-2012 season (and to my shame I can't actually remember who scored it!) to put us out of sight and seal our promotion back to the PL, I screamed the house down and cried. My other half says she has never seen me display so much emotion in all the years we have been together.

Was 12 at the Forest 3-3 game stood in dockers corner with my dad and his mates , will always remember the singing of OWTS , was also at The Orient for Paines goal , ended up on the pitch!

This one brought tears to my eyes. My other was the shot by Barry Horne from about 3 miles out in the cup in the last minute. Forget who it was against.

Bolton? I was standing behind the net for that one. My son left home late because of a stupid woman, got locked out of the ground and missed it.