The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

I suspect legally they're committed to adidas until midnight and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we see the Dr again, albeit with a new tracksuit.

It seems strange to be filming on a boat with a striped sail with UA and Saints logos on it if it was meant to be entirely serious, because that's just a little bit ridiculous...

Although they did a photo of the new manager (Official site) in front of a backdrop which included the UA logo with no adidas in view?

Just seen this on bookface a8aa46f4e09685e2596158408243dfb4.jpg

All look good, not sure how likely they will be

A little tampering improves one of those, imo

sfb9m8.jpg

maybe next year

Every year some on here suggest some impressive mock ups, and every year the effort selected by the club is not a patch on them.

It's true, and I know fans of other clubs that feel the same. If you were a kit designer, would it not be easy to research a few fans forums and let them do the work for you?!

Didn't one of the guys who posted on here help design a couple of our kits? (when we self made them, iirc). Can't remember his name.

Honourable mentions to

Seeing as I'm bored, here are some of the other designs people have made up around the web...

I'm guessing this one might actually be relatively close...

img-southampton-fc-under-armour-16-17-h-26700

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc14YV8Oh3JDe3ko0HMQy3cq8bG1feaCHCnQEph5qwokXlCvC2

Cf4VnLaW8AAzezu.jpg

]

Doubt the new effort is up to this standard

Yeah, that's him! You have a better memory than me!

Is the kit actually being released tomorrow by the way? I keep seeing mentions of an unveil tomorrow, but has the club teased that?

no idea when its being released but can't be long now surely

Every year some on here suggest some impressive mock ups, and every year the effort selected by the club is not a patch on them.

That's probably because a group of people with not very good taste have to make the final decision ;)

As for the kits with the black away, I reckon that's it, similar style of artwork to previous confirmed versions.

training-wear-coming-soon-640-x-48021148-3163382.jpeg

Is this a new pic? I don't keep track of what's been released

Yeah its new. I just took a screenshot of the live training session on Facebook to "prove" the training kit was red not pink, but that's covered it nicely. Also it IS fluorescent green and not gold, so there's a nice element of customisation to it compared to both Spurs and AZ training stuff, which is good.

And he was railroaded into something crap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2076[/ATTACH]

He did the all yellow away with blue piping and the white one with grey shoulders. Not sure he got to do much with a home kit but I could ask him, he's on my FB Friends despite moving to Australia nearly 10 years ago.

He did the all yellow away with blue piping and the white one with grey shoulders. Not sure he got to do much with a home kit but I could ask him, he's on my FB Friends despite moving to Australia nearly 10 years ago.

That was a good away kit, even if the 'proper' version was only available through the grey market.

Do ask him, hadn't realised he fled the nation shortly after his kit involvement!

Edited by Colinjb

FWIW when the wife drove past St Mary's this morning she said the shutters were raised and there were lots of people in white shirts there. According to the OS twitter it's a stocktake, but the place is meant to have been closed for the past 2 weeks. No new banners up or anything yet though. I guess the season starting a week later due to the Euros moves all this stuff back a week.

Really like the training kit though. Even with the sponsor. Will be interesting to see if they sell it sponsored up, because there weren't any Mary's Meals versions available last year, but that's probably because they came along very late in the season after everything was already being sold.

Yeah its new. I just took a screenshot of the live training session on Facebook to "prove" the training kit was red not pink

Although, unless my eyes are deceiving me, some players seem to be wearing training tops that are a lighter red than the actual red ones...

That was a good away kit, even if the 'proper' version was only available through the grey market.

Do ask him, hadn't realised he fled the nation shortly after his kit involvement!

He grew up in Singapore, so he's a bit more cosmopolitan than most of us... I used to play 5 a side with him, we ended up wearing Derby kit the season they knocked us out of the Playoffs due to the design company he worked for losing the Saints contract and taking on a Derby one... That made us really popular to play against for a few weeks. :o

Although, unless my eyes are deceiving me, some players seem to be wearing training tops that are a lighter red than the actual red ones...

There are t-shirts and sweatshirts, the t-shirts look slightly lighter. There are also polos which appear to be the short sleeved ones without sponsor on the back in the canteen pics.

Actually I think the t-shirts have the sponsor on the front and the long sleeved sweatshirts have the sponsor on the back.

It appears from the other pic that some of the t-shirts also don't have sponsors yet. Ah well, they usually have "pre-preseason" kit and then stick squad numbers on everything when the preseason tour starts.

Edited by The9

They look like they are from the same source as when last years kits were leaked, I think it was the Premier League handbook or something.

CmOfzEqWMAANoqh.jpg

I'd be pretty happy with that if true, especially the away kit. Stripes can be so dull and plain (see the last 2 years kits) so it's great when they add something unique in like the bar across the top. In proper colour and not a dulled out image I think it'll look great.