The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

https://twitter.com/SFCKristian/status/740573228129738752?s=09

Non-facebook link for those it didn't work for

Just concepts admittedly, but I'm a fan

Lots of old or definitely not going to be used Under Armour templates in the past few posts - plus those two concept shirts, which are very nice but not likely to be the actual thing either.

The yellow/blue is Maccabi Tel Aviv's 2015/16 kit, unlikely we'll have that, though Under Armour do reuse old templates for away kits sometimes.

The navy with gold is a non-existent concept as well, as it's Philadelphia Union, who wear adidas as do all MLS sides.

Atlanta United don't even exist as a club until 2017, as a new MLS franchise - see the sentence above above MLS and adidas.

The white/green Hanover 96 shirt is years old, they wore Jako last season.

The navy one from the soccerjerseys link looks to be about 2-3 yers old judging by the boots in the pic.

The earlier Virgin Media kit concepts are sort of ok, don't like the away kit as it's a Skate away colours from 2003 as much as Arsenal, and gold's overused already.

Ho hum, still waiting for a leak... or more actual Under Armour 2016/17 releases which are in remarkably short supply.

Anyway, the club will still drip-feeding us stuff very soon, that competition to go to Baltimore was for a visit next week, IIRC.

Edited by The9

FWIW earlier today I heard the shirt was stripes (phew) with a white panel for the red VirginMedia advert. Which is pretty standard if you're going to a new brand and don't know who your sponsor will be when you order the kit (viz the last Umbro home kit with the flybe panel when their deal got extended).

Anyway, let's just be glad it isn't Sunderland's new third kit.

16SUNDERLANDTH1.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2041[/ATTACH]

Just seen this floating around on Facebook. Looks really smart tbh.

This is alright as well. Still dunno what colour the away is, just that it's "different" and not yellow and blue.

FWIW earlier today I heard the shirt was stripes (phew) with a white panel for the red VirginMedia advert. Which is pretty standard if you're going to a new brand and don't know who your sponsor will be when you order the kit (viz the last Umbro home kit with the flybe panel when their deal got extended).

16SUNDERLANDTH1.jpg

Ouch, that's nasty. What do they call it, puce? (Pronounced puke)

16SUNDERLANDTH1.jpg

I actually quite like that haha. Away kits should be reserved for the horrific I think, the more garish the better in my opinion.

Picture from link:

Screen_Shot_2016_06_09_at_17_17_42.png

Love both!

Home - thats pretty standard fare, but could do a lot worse.

Away - dreadful, reminiscent of the last Cortese away strip which made us look like a team if vicars. This is hideous.

Quite optimistic about the Under Armour kits tbh. Over the last few seasons the quality of the kits from Adidas and Nike have really gone downhill IMO. I can't stand the brand theme that all clubs have to adhere too. Look at the Nike kits for the Euros! They're atrocious! They are all literally the same kit, a main colour and a sleeve colour with a stripe down the side of the kit. That's it. No identity whatsoever, all you can know for sure when you see a kit, without seeing the badge, is that its a Nike kit... there's no other distinguishing feature other than the colours. How do they get away with it? And then charge so much money! The adidas kits all just look boring as well, none of the templates are interesting, just differently coloured panels (and too many panels in weird places). I'm glad we're out of that now.

Umbro and under armour (and tbf so do Macron) actually still seem to make kits that look like football kits. Adidas and Nike just pump out a couple of templates for most teams with different colour combinations (so everyone looks the same and part of team adidas or team nike, thus losing their identity) or they come up with some atrocious futuristic rubbish for the huge clubs, like the new united kit (seriously what is that hexagonal business?).

Rant over. Spurs kit last season, whilst not the most amazing, was definitely very decent, and, the key part, looked like a football kit.

The kit is not like any of those above. The closest I've seen was a Kappa (I think) mock up. The kit is block red on arms and black red for the top quarter/third and then stripes underneath that.

no idea on 2nd/3rd kits.

So are you saying you have seen the kit?

Home - thats pretty standard fare, but could do a lot worse.

Away - dreadful, reminiscent of the last Cortese away strip which made us look like a team if vicars. This is hideous.

I'm with you. Away kit is disgusting. Home kit, not much better. Don't give up your day job

The kit is not like any of those above. The closest I've seen was a Kappa (I think) mock up. The kit is block red on arms and black red for the top quarter/third and then stripes underneath that.

no idea on 2nd/3rd kits.

Ah, so the same template as the Spurs leak then, red yoke across the shoulders?

Quite optimistic about the Under Armour kits tbh. Over the last few seasons the quality of the kits from Adidas and Nike have really gone downhill IMO. I can't stand the brand theme that all clubs have to adhere too. Look at the Nike kits for the Euros! They're atrocious! They are all literally the same kit, a main colour and a sleeve colour with a stripe down the side of the kit. That's it. No identity whatsoever, all you can know for sure when you see a kit, without seeing the badge, is that its a Nike kit... there's no other distinguishing feature other than the colours. How do they get away with it? And then charge so much money! The adidas kits all just look boring as well, none of the templates are interesting, just differently coloured panels (and too many panels in weird places). I'm glad we're out of that now.

Umbro and under armour (and tbf so do Macron) actually still seem to make kits that look like football kits. Adidas and Nike just pump out a couple of templates for most teams with different colour combinations (so everyone looks the same and part of team Adidas etc

Nike and Adidas are absolutely taking the pee with their "single style" off the peg approach and clubs should tell them where to shove it.

I'm not entirely sure UA and the likes of Macron are much different, but as they have fewer teams the kits still look more bespoke than the awful Nike Wrong Socks kits or the tedious Adidas Everyone's Armpit Stripes This Year kits.

The weirdest thing Adidas do is make bespoke kits for MLS but give half their teams in the Prem the same templates.

Nike and Adidas are absolutely taking the pee with their "single style" off the peg approach and clubs should tell them where to shove it.

My absolute biggest bug bear with modern kits. Just cannot understand how the clubs do not make more of a fuss about it. The latest Nike kits... I mean you have to be kidding me right?

I'm not entirely sure UA and the likes of Macron are much different, but as they have fewer teams the kits still look more bespoke than the awful Nike Wrong Socks kits or the tedious Adidas Everyone's Armpit Stripes This Year kits.

That's a very fair point. But for them I am less talking about the template issues and more that the actual kit designs look more like football kits than the stuff coming out of adidas and nike.