The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

The white bra just looks weird... I don't understand why designers feel they need to make their mark by adding something totally unnecessary. Classic works. Would like to see a bit more black on the collar and perhaps lining the sponsor to make it stand out. The away kit doesn't look too bad, but not a patch on our dark blue muvi kit from a couple of years ago.

I'm already bored with seeing that slightly inaccurate twitter rework, it's nice, but there are a few things wrong with both designs, most obviously the collars, the shape of the top panel and the away socks.

I'm already bored with seeing that slightly inaccurate twitter rework, it's nice, but there are a few things wrong with both designs, most obviously the collars, the shape of the top panel and the away socks.

I'm more disturbed that people seem to think a bra is that high up? I mean, WTF?

Home kit - doesn't look that great, but could have been a lot worse. Will probably grow on me, but just hope it is stripes on the back as well.

Away - poor colour combination. Black & yellow - fine, but grey ?

FWIW from what's out there already I'd say the home socks were the reverse of these 15/16 AZ ones az-alkmaar-2015-2015-under-armour-kit-2.jpg

And the away socks are the style which also "coincidentally" happen to be the long socks the players have been training in already, and the socks the new scholars were mostly pictured wearing.

scholars-16-17-news148-3164559_478x359.jpg

They do seem to be slightly different styles. The home is equal sized hoops with one thicker one, the away a thick hoop at the top then narrowing hoops in a gradation effect.

Edited by The9

Why is WGS designing the kit ??

Seriously though not a fan of the iron on badge in that vid, even if that's just training ware the prices the charge

I quite like the "added on but not actually embroidered" badge, it looks thicker than the guff Adidas gave everyone last season.

Personally, if that is what the kit looks like, I will be over the moon. Last season's kit was as unimaginative as stripes can possibly be, I don't recall us ever having a kit that looked like this one and I think it's lovely.

I actually quite like that mock up.

It's difficult to vary stripes, this is distinctive.

One thing is for sure whatever it looked we know you'll buy it. You even bought a shirt you started a protest about!

#marketeersdream

I prefer the red yoke version too, will be interesting to see if that's the Prem shirt and if the white panel version pitches up (with a white panel back) for the Europa League.

I think the red version looks like a nice shirt full stop, the white one looks ok.

I don't understand why the overwhelming fans choice (the Patrick kit), gets ignored year on year.

The supposed new kit looks absolute sh*t.

I'm sure we'll bust one out in the next season or two with the Prem coming around to the UEFA number patches regulations from next season - it's an ideal way of introducing it to fans slowly without annoying everyone immediately.

Think its possibly one of the worst kits in recent memory based on those mocks ups. Real shame.

And how hard was it for the collar and shirt trim to be the same colour? Terrible kit incoming.

No idea what you're talking about re: collar and shirt trim. The collar is the same colour as the shirt.

No idea what you're talking about re: collar and shirt trim. The collar is the same colour as the shirt.

I think he means the collar should be black to match the rest of the black trim and to stand out from the red panel (at the moment it just blends in without definition)

The third kit is a plain red back but won't be available and a smaller sponsor logo as per Europa regs.

Just had a bit of a google, 250cm squared for FA sanctioned competitions (see http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/PDF/the-fa-2012-13/fa-regulations/kit-and-advertising-regulations-2012-13.ashx for the 2013 rules) and 200cm squared for UEFA ones (according to page 30 of the 2012 UEFA Kit regulations: http://ffm.mk/media/files/UEFa-Kit-Regulations-Edition-2012_en.pdf). Sounds legit. :)

I will be annoyed if they decide not to sell it though.

So are there two versions of the striped shirts with different colour yokes as well as the striped and plain back - if so is the Prem shirt the white yoke/striped back and the red yoke the plain back?

I think he means the collar should be black to match the rest of the black trim and to stand out from the red panel (at the moment it just blends in without definition)

Well as the collar as illustrated in the HD pic isn't the collar on the shirt anyway I'm not sure how there's any complaint to be made.

I don't understand why the overwhelming fans choice (the Patrick kit), gets ignored year on year.

The supposed new kit looks absolute sh*t.

Probably because the overwhelming fan choice has been to get back to stripes which got a positive response. It would be a brave board that moved away from stripes again.

The Patrick kit was one of my all time favourites too but I wouldn't want to see it replacing stripes now. Saints ARE stripes.

Probably because the overwhelming fan choice has been to get back to stripes which got a positive response. It would be a brave board that moved away from stripes again.

The Patrick kit was one of my all time favourites too but I wouldn't want to see it replacing stripes now. Saints ARE stripes.

The Patrick kit was stripes and as long as any new version ensured it is still visibly stripey then I think the fans would love it.

Worth remembering that most of the objection to the two Cortese Premier League kits wasn't that they weren't stripes but was because they were both utter effing abortions and two of the worst kits worn by any team in world sporting history, including when Coventry City wore brown.

The Patrick kit was stripes and as long as any new version ensured it is still visibly stripey then I think the fans would love it.

Worth remembering that most of the objection to the two Cortese Premier League kits wasn't that they weren't stripes but was because they were both utter effing abortions and two of the worst kits worn by any team in world sporting history, including when Coventry City wore brown.

Most of the objection was that they weren't stripes. The fact they were also both sh01te certainly didn't help.