The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

When even you can only praise the club with "its alright", then you know its ****ing **** and an embarrassment. This is up there with Cardiff's nearly two tone red kit - except they had the good sense to change it PDQ.

I think you are slightly mental.

All kits only need to be "alright".

I stopped buying or wearing them at least 20 years ago so I don't really give a monkeys. "Alright" is 100% fine by me.

Whether you like a shirt or not tends to be subjective, but IMO the home shirt is a truly dreadful piece of design. Is the white section trying to emulate the UA logo in some way? I know it doesn't, but that is the only possible reason I could think of for its inclusion. The neck/collar design doesn't make any sense and nor does the way the stripes reappear on the shoulders. There is no balance, no solid idea behind the design and the result is a compete and utter mess.

It will remain to be seen if many people buy it...male machismo might well mean that the slightest chance of being remarked as being in a 'bra' will see this kit the lowest selling in our history...

Hmmmm, the more I look at it the more it looks like a bra. A new revolutionary type of bra granted, kind of providing extra (wired?) support in the central area to force the cleavage open and the breasts up yet in opposite directions at the same time. One for the saints fan that would prefer to have his/her moobs/tits highlighted whilst proudly wearing the colours.

Some of these reactions are goddamn hilarious :mcinnes:

Jesus Christ chaps, kit designers really can't win with you guys.

Standard bland striped home shirt - 'Quite nice, bit boring though, template as well, bit lazy and we look like Stoke'

Brand new uniquely designed striped shirt with a few distinguishing features with a new template just for SFC (Guy in Bar Raised vids confirmed this on twitter, it's not an old template) - 'vomit inducing, won't be buying'

Can't win :lol:

Personally, I think its the best shirt we've had since returning to the Prem.

Agreed with this. Its a grower. I think the players look very smart in it. Once the sales hit I shall definitely partake! I like the small details (we march on on the collar, the striped band on the shorts etc). Our best since the return to the prem (with the home-made version a close second).

Well I don't like it. Once you see the bra, you can't unsee it. Looks better in red too.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the Saints badge looks huge!

Suppose my opinion doesn't matter as I'd be unlikely to buy one no matter what the design. Just a let down when we finally got a good kit manufacturer and sponsor.

Well I don't like it. Once you see the bra, you can't unsee it. Looks better in red too.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the Saints badge looks huge!

Suppose my opinion doesn't matter as I'd be unlikely to buy one no matter what the design. Just a let down when we finally got a good kit manufacturer and sponsor.

Adidas are much better

Surely most people on here are adults? so why does anyone actually care what the kit looks like? It's only worn by the players and children.

Because it's worn by the team I support and I will be watching them wear it every week. I'd prefer it to be something I like rather than dislike looking at.

Surely most people on here are adults? so why does anyone actually care what the kit looks like? It's only worn by the players and children.

If you have to buy a kit for your kids, don't you want to dress them in something that looks good?

My little girl loves her peppa pig shirt. it would look terrible on me, but she loves her

Peppa Pig World should be our next shirt sponsors. Opens up a whole new market of 2-8 year old girls, and Eastleigh residents.

Lol you know full well it isn't but great bait post!

I'm never to fussed, do prefer to see us in stripes or the sash and wish we would pick a colour for the away shirt and stick with it yellow seems to have some significance for us?

Don't buy it for them then.

My lad has my old 1976 shirt, his uncles 1980 shirt and he got one that fits him from 2 seasons ago (which still hasn't fallen to pieces yet). I have no intention of getting him another one. My daughter isn't into football and there's about as much chance of her wearing a Saints shirt as there is Messi.

Just seen the kit 50 notes for that? No matter how you dress it up it looks gash! Who decided to put the bra on the kit? Is Dwight Yorke coming out of retirement to join Saints? Least he would be playing with some tits.....

And the bra comments continue...

Showed it to my wife yesterday and said that some men thought it looked like a bra. She sighed and said it confirmed to her that football fans are f*****g stupid, or have just never seen a bra before. Maybe all those posting this are actually sexually inactive 14 year olds, although they will be looking at proper bras all the time in lingerie catalogues so can't be them.

FFS it is figurative not literal.

You can't get that across to some people on here though, I know it looks nothing like a bra but can see why the comment was made and don't have a problem with the description!

I know people are entitled to their own opinion but I can't get my head around the mass disliking of the new kit. Especially when you think back to previous kits that have been far far worse (Cortese re brand stands out as the worst we've ever had, along with the idiotic white pin stripe away kit the year before). Take a look at Stokes kit this year to see how bad a red and white striped kit can get. So generic and bland. Likewise with the Sunderland kit which is only saved by the gold additions.

I swear some of you would only be happy with an exact replica of the Rank Xerox/ Air Florida kit.

It looks good in some pictures. Think i'll reserve opinion til I see it for real. Curious to know if the badge is sewn or ironed on as cant quite make it out.

Seen a few adverts for the kit on non saints related websites. Perhaps branching out the campaign further, as I don't recall internet ads like that of bigger clubs for past kits?

I know people are entitled to their own opinion but I can't get my head around the mass disliking of the new kit. Especially when you think back to previous kits that have been far far worse (Cortese re brand stands out as the worst we've ever had, along with the idiotic white pin stripe away kit the year before). Take a look at Stokes kit this year to see how bad a red and white striped kit can get. So generic and bland. Likewise with the Sunderland kit which is only saved by the gold additions.

I swear some of you would only be happy with an exact replica of the Rank Xerox/ Air Florida kit.

Funny think with the Cortese red shirt, is that I have to agree with someone else who posted that it looks OK now. Watching some of JRod's goals I think it was, it struck me as being OK. Sure, not really a Saints shirt as we know it, but it looked OK.

It looks good in some pictures. Think i'll reserve opinion til I see it for real. Curious to know if the badge is sewn or ironed on as cant quite make it out.

Seen a few adverts for the kit on non saints related websites. Perhaps branching out the campaign further, as I don't recall internet ads like that of bigger clubs for past kits?

Have you been on the official site browsing the kit? If so that is what is causing other internet sites to show the kit. Website adverts are tailored to each users browsing (for example I get adverts for Iceland currently on here on the basis that I've googled Iceland a few times - I suspect everyone else gets different ones). Clear your browsing history/cookies and I bet the kit advert wont appear on the site you were on previously.

Chuffed with this kit. It's the first round with the new sponsor, think they've done a smart job

The away kit looks good, only downside is a little too like Liverpool's away kit last season or the one before.

Home kit looks decent, sponsor logo looks good on the shirt and they've made it different enough from the other red and white stripes teams, which is good.

50/50 with the bra comments, I don't know how high your missuses/friends wear their bras, I think the kit looks alright.

I'll be buying the away kit this year, and I'll wait to next season for home as I think that will be a much better offering. But for the first year, I think it's great! don't get all the viscious comments...there are some horrendous kits out there and ours definitely isn't among them.

I don't think many people are saying this is the worst kit we've ever had, but just that we were hoping for a lot better, and that the white yoke (I think it looks more like a baby's bib...) looks a bit daft - if they had continued the white bit further over the shoulders it would look less like it had been stuck on. It feels like the kit design is about stamping "Under Armour" on it rather than "Southampton".

By the same token, I can't understand how people can look at the kit and not think the white bit looks atrocious! Yes it's better then the two Cortese offerings, but not a patch on some of our best kits - your profile picture being one example!

I don't think many people are saying this is the worst kit we've ever had, but just that we were hoping for a lot better, and that the white yoke (I think it looks more like a baby's bib...) looks a bit daft - if they had continued the white bit further over the shoulders it would look less like it had been stuck on. It feels like the kit design is about stamping "Under Armour" on it rather than "Southampton".

By the same token, I can't understand how people can look at the kit and not think the white bit looks atrocious! Yes it's better then the two Cortese offerings, but not a patch on some of our best kits - your profile picture being one example!

Funnily enough that's the last kit I bought and really liked. I'm certainly in the 'red yoke would have looked better camp' but here's hoping they switch it up for our Europa games (unlikely I know)!

Funnily enough that's the last kit I bought and really liked. I'm certainly in the 'red yoke would have looked better camp' but here's hoping they switch it up for our Europa games (unlikely I know)!

Strange that you like the Championship shirt which was predominatly white, as in shoulder area and sleeves, but prefer the red 'yoke'.

For me the 2016/7 shirt is another r/w stripe shirt with a bit of a twist on it, nothing more or less. Not delighted by it, but better than I feared we might end up with, and an improvement on last season's, and the Cortese all red abominations. Pleased that the back is striped.

On the bra debate, prefer the white option as a red one would have appeared almost a red shirt with red sleeves and just a few white stripes on it.

Awat kit is drab and dreadful; black with a bit of bacofoil for contast.

Have you been on the official site browsing the kit? If so that is what is causing other internet sites to show the kit. Website adverts are tailored to each users browsing (for example I get adverts for Iceland currently on here on the basis that I've googled Iceland a few times - I suspect everyone else gets different ones). Clear your browsing history/cookies and I bet the kit advert wont appear on the site you were on previously.

Ahh yes you're right! :) Thought it might have been a campaign by the club or something. Made a nice change from Russian woman desperate for love anyway...