The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

I promised not to open it until there were 2016/17 leaks to discuss, seeing as aside from 2 people on last year's thread saying they'd heard we'd be wearing Under Armour, and the knowledge that both the adidas deal and the Veho deals run out in 2016, there has been literally no 2016/17 kit news at all.

Until now.

So, according to THIS site and @LaCasacaBlog on twitter, next season's (national team) adidas kits, will have the three stripes down the side of the shirt as well as the sleeve.

As the original site is in Spanish, I've cut and pasted the translation:

And circulates a pre-product catalog of Adidas Soccer 2016. The same is sent to retailers / resellers around the world so they can go shopping programming for the coming year. The idea is that they can see (or at least imagine) products that have been, colorful, news and posing of the collection itself.

As this overview, let's shirts. In this pre-catalog we can see descriptions (some more specific than others) and color combinations (all written) of each kit to mark the three strips plans to launch in 2016 (only international selections). Of course, NOT kits, which include represented in white beside their descriptions and codes are shown.

Then Based on these descriptions, color combinations, and some rumors have reached us, we sketching (always adding a little of our imagination) international kits possible selections Adidas 2016.

In each case, we will see the "Index RUMOR / CERTAINTY" and in which specific data we rely for the design:

FOR ALL KITS:

CERTAINTY: The template 2016 ventures into the great novelty of having the three stripes on the sides of shirt.

RUMOR: It is said that the neck will be the same for all (a neck in "V" that simulates flaps), but let us doubt about it.

GERMANY - HOME Certainties: We know the color of the shirt (white / black), the short (black / white) and socks (black / white). Rumor: The kit is very traditional. With small touches of the flag into fists.

GERMANY - AWAY Certainties: We know the color of the shirt (gray / black / olive), the short (white / black) and socks (white / olive). We also know that present a pattern of horizontal pinstripes. The combination "green gray / olive / neon green" will be widely used in Germany collection 2016. Rumor: We got the information that the sleeves are olive green, contrasting with the kit. Also it will present little touches of neon green.

RUSSIA - HOME Certainties: Pretty much. Some pictures of this kit filtered. We know it will be all purple with touches of gold and will present a pattern of "two-headed eagles" in watermark on the front of the shirt.

SPAIN - HOME Certainties: We know the color of the shirt (red / yellow), short (real / blue) and half (almost black blue). We also know that present a pattern of triangles, at least on the front.

SPAIN - AWAY Certainties: We know the color of the shirt, shorts and socks. We also know that present a picture in front of triangles, which we believe will be very similar to that presented, but we can not ensure that it is precisely this.

ARGENTINA - HOME Certainties: We know the color of the shirt (blue / white / black), the short (black / white) and socks (white / blue). Rumor: The kit is very traditional. Perhaps with wide sticks. Imagination: The argyle pattern in watermark you see in the chest and the design of the middle is our creation, is not based on any real data.

They also have Sweden, Colombia and Mexico, but you get the gist.

Here's the Argentina mock-up for illustration - you'll note they're created by the site, not adidas - hence the boots looking rather Nike-ish:

argentinahome-855x1024.jpg

Don't forget, at this stage Saints could wear any brand at all in 2016/17... rumours are going to be a bit thin for the next 6 months, hell we haven't even started selling the lime green away kit for 2015/16 and don't know what's happening with the need for a panel on the back of the striped shirt for the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round yet - but there you go, 2016/17 rumours have started.

One thing I will say - I'm pretty sure the Premier League kit rules prevent clubs from displaying branding logos or motifs anywhere on the shirt other than a band down the sleeve and an area on the chest, so these adidas designs with the 3 stripes in the shirt-side area could actually be against the regulations.

Oh, and that Germany away is VILE.

alemaniaaway-855x1024.jpg

Edited by The9

Apologies, I only looked at the pictures. Couldn't be arsed to look at your post.

I'm amazed anyone's clicked on it at all, three weeks before the previous season's away kit is even launched. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time for a bit of Under Armour research.

Current shirts:

Spurs (H),(A),(3rd),(GK)

V5-1258144-100_HTF}V5-1258146-464_HTF}spurs.JPGV5-1258156-301_HTF}

Alkmaar (H) and (A)

V5-1283470-600_HTF}V5-1283472-405_HTF}

Sao Paulo (H) and (A)

11182142_10153264474179420_4286172779356208758_n.jpg

Toluca (H),(A),(3rd), (GK)

Toluca15-700x393.jpg

Colo Colo (A) (H) (GK) and (3rd)

ColoColo15-1.jpgUnder-Armour-Colo-Colo-2015-Third-Kit%2B(1).jpg

Edited by The9

How many other teams kits do Under Armour make currently?

From initial checking, that's all the English and Central/South American ones, plus Alkmaar. I'll have a look around, I also know there's a 2015/16 catalogue out there. They seem to do a lot of bespoke stuff rather than templates for their bigger clubs.

From initial checking, that's all the English and Central/South American ones, plus Alkmaar. I'll have a look around, I also know there's a 2015/16 catalogue out there. They seem to do a lot of bespoke stuff rather than templates for their bigger clubs.

^ Aha! - You updated your post @ the same time I asked the question!

Cheers for the info.

Queens Park in Scotland too, though I think they're "teamwear", which I've just noticed has a Newport phone number so is probably being run an old teammate of mine. I suspect Saints won't be getting their kit from this particular branch (which is the equivalent of Saints getting their kit from Sportsmania 24/7).

team-queens-park-02.jpg

Edited by The9

Any UA kits with stripes?

Only found the Sao Paulo away so far.

Sao%2BPaulo-2015-2016-Away-Kit%2B(1).jpg

Suppose the white/black Colo Colo shirt is a form of "stripe" too. More of a last season at the Dell reverse Ajax style.

Edited by The9

UA also making the Telford Utd kit in the Conference North

Looks a bit teamwear-y. Though still nice and unique even for parks kits. Even if the away seems to be a remake of an Umbro 1980s Watford kit.

Edited by The9

For context - the Alkmaar shirts are basically the Spurs 3rd design from the year before:

Tottnenham-14-15-Third-Kit.jpg

Difficult to see any themes or patterns in that lot other than the "open V" collar motif that seems to be on a few of the shirts, and that could all change next season anyway.

Just realised the Toluca purple, and the Toluca red, are the same design as the Spurs blue away (albeit the Spurs one has hoops, but the indented chevron yoke bit at the top is the same). The also all have the weird filled in V-neck/round neck collar. So that's a "style" of sorts.

The white Toluca v-neck and the Spurs home with the diagonal (and third), and Cruz Azul orange are also the same style, relatively plain shirts with a large cuff. The orange one actually doesn't look like a large cuff as it has 3 different colours including the main orange on it, but you can see by the seam placement.

You can only really look at the seams, shape of the material and collar, because they can print and colour pretty much what they like - eg the diagonal on the Spurs shirt, and the gradation effect on the purple spurs cuffs.

Also the same style are both AZ shirts and the Colo Colo white, and orange are the same style as each other, a flash on the shoulder and a very narrow contrast cuff. The Sao Paulo striped shirt seems to be the same, but without the flash contrast - it has the same shaped collar, cuff and shoulder seams though.

There also appears to be another style with the plain round neck (Cruz Azul white, and Cruz Azul blue). The Cruz Azul navy may well be a keeper shirt, if I could see the arms I'd know from the existence of the "ladder" pattern on the inside.

Can't work out which the Colo Colo black is because the collar detail can't be seen, but it's either the round neck or the filled-in V. The disintegrating black line is the same motif as the home shirt but the side flashes aren't on any other shirt here.

Fanshawe/Falcons is probably teamwear from a US catalog(ue) though I haven't found it yet, Telford and Queens Park appear to be the same collar and also look like (UK) teamwear.

I quite like the Toluca purple and red ones and even the blue Spurs hooped one.

Though it will be interesting to see if they produce fatty-friendly fits for fans, because the match worn Under Armour shirts are skin-tight and no mistake. Fairly sure I've seen some lardo Spurs fans wearing them so that should be ok.

Not sure why those uuuuuuuuugly Spain shirts should get any love, and that Germany grey thing is different but pretty horrendous colours even if the material looks nice. You won't see many adidas teamwear catalogues with non-professionals in the pics either...

Edited by The9

Having just forked out an outrageous £40 for a CHILD'S size replica shirt, I can confirm that discussing design options now comes a distant second place in at least one Saints supporting household to the small matter of football clubs not arse raping their fans at the till :scared:

Have you considered not buying it?

Spurs Home and Away, Colo Colo White and Black shirts look good, the rest are just average really, but at least we may finally get a 'bespoke' design for our kits next season that so many Saints fans have been banging on about.

Fairly confident we'll be the only team in an Under Armour shirt wearing Saints' colours next season. I'd love to say "red and white stripes" but my faith in that still hasn't recovered from 2012-14 yet.

Fairly confident we'll be the only team in an Under Armour shirt wearing Saints' colours next season. I'd love to say "red and white stripes" but my faith in that still hasn't recovered from 2012-14 yet.

In view of the bespoke option this might be an opportunity for a version of the Keegan shirt or even the sash, something to give us our own identity. Hard to do that with stripes.

In view of the bespoke option this might be an opportunity for a version of the Keegan shirt or even the sash, something to give us our own identity. Hard to do that with stripes.

No different from the past 3 years, adidas do plenty of prints with a wide central stripe. Umbro also had at least one design like it. The club has chosen not to use it. Can't argue with you on the sash front, it's unique in English football - but Saints wear stripes. :)

• 2 weeks later...
So basically we should be getting something a bit more unique instead of template? Lovely.

I would still be over the moon if we moved from stripes to sash.

It's more that the Under Armour templates are far less widely used. They're still templates.

• 2 weeks later...

And FWIW here's the 2016 adidas Seattle Sounders training kit - we MIGHT get something in this style for the spring training kit before the contract runs out - it's the exact same style as the 2016 Euro kits:

seattle-sounders-2016-training-kit-2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nothing much happening kit wise apart from a load of international shirts being released, and then Under Armour 2016/17 shirts started being leaked which should give a pretty good indication of what Saints are getting.

Colo Colo home 2016/17

16COLOCOLOHOF2.jpg