The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Think the expression here sums it up for me ...

"#MySaintsStory has shown me how much thought and effort has gone into the design of the new kit" .... not enough

Naah in fairness I meant that lots had - and it was clear it had. They spoke a good game about all the effort that had gone into the kit.

Fans cry out for a Xerox or sash kit every year and each time the club disappoints :(

Probably because they know it's only a small minority that cry (out). The biggest reaction they have experienced is the support for going back to stripes so they would be mad to ignore that.

Naah in fairness I meant that lots had - and it was clear it had. They spoke a good game about all the effort that had gone into the kit.

Glad to hear that ... and not having a dig ... just thought it was interesting you hadn't quantified how much effort had gone into it! You also appeared slightly underwhelmed in the photo, much as I did when seeing the leaked designs on here.

Could be worse.

Is it a striped back, or solid colour do we know?

You can see stripes through the open collar in the video, but that doesn't mean the whole back will be striped.

This is the template, anyway.

spurs-away-15-16-img3.jpg

The evolution of our new kit is often:

1) Seeing cool fan-designs and getting hopes up.

2) Seeing a leaked image of something that can't be real because the fan designs are much better.

3) Finding out the leaked image is real.

4) Mass hysteria.

5) The new design looking better in person & growing on you.

Last year it was just 3) and that was it.

Looks terrible. Over fussy. Dreadful. Worse than the terrible green monstrosity even.

I'm amazed considering their importance to sportsclothing firms how poorly designed football shirts are.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

**** me have you lot never seen a bra, it doesn't look anything like one and its on the wrong bit of the chest.

Agreed. Not sure what kind of bra people see, they generally cover those lovely areas of flesh but this would leave them beautifully exposed. The new kit's white area does not resemble a bra, let's stop saying it because it makes you look like you have never seen one.

Looks terrible. Over fussy. Dreadful. Worse than the terrible green monstrosity even.

I'm amazed considering their importance to sportsclothing firms how poorly designed football shirts are.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

They make loads irrespective.

Also, I love that green shirt. It was iconic.

Edited by The9

So does this mean that The9 can now start the 17-18 kit thread?

No, what will happen now is we'll chunter on about this until Tuesday, then when the thing is released, everyone else who has been ignoring the existence of this thread for the past 6 months will have an opinion, start a new thread for absolutely no reason, and then someone will lock this even though the away kit won't be out yet and the keeper shirts will follow (probably plain with a diagonal line on the sleeves).

Then come some time in October when the Under Armour US teamwear catalogue for 2017/18 gets released I'll post a link to it here and away we go again, this time without Spurs kits to nick from because they're with Nike next season.

Ho hum, circle of life.

Glad to hear that ... and not having a dig ... just thought it was interesting you hadn't quantified how much effort had gone into it! You also appeared slightly underwhelmed in the photo, much as I did when seeing the leaked designs on here.

In fairness it was partially because that was taken filming loading stuff into the kit crate, which was done at half past six in the morning when we'd been out late the night before, and it was taking bloody ages. The magic of film :mcinnes:

I could be wrong but thought someone said there was a 3rd Europa kit?

Perhaps it will be released at a later date, and when we know who our three opponents will be. There'll be no point in having a third kit if it clashes and we have to wear our usual away kit :D

The evolution of our new kit is often:

1) Seeing cool fan-designs and getting hopes up.

2) Seeing a leaked image of something that can't be real because the fan designs are much better.

3) Finding out the leaked image is real.

4) Mass hysteria.

5) The new design looking better in person & growing on you.

As long as it's red and white stripes, why does it matter?

New kit looks awful to be honest, when i see a clean simple design from Villa and Spurs i wonder why we have such a mess.

Why dont we have a flat design for the away and again have this bra look.

Club badge looks too big on all training kit.

But you only like home shirts in blue

I could be wrong but thought someone said there was a 3rd Europa kit?

Expecting at the very least that there will be a plain back version of the home kit, which appears to have a striped back from the small bit teased - but there may not be any need for one it the striped shirt also has a panel on the back.

I was under the impression the white panel was for the sponsor not the brand logo, but there you go...

:) it was said in jest...

To be honest, the shirt as it stands, is a million times better than it would have been had there been a white box for the logo imo.