Where to park and train it to Wembley?

LeBizzier69

Morning all,

Taking the Mrs to see Ed Sheeran this weekend and trying to work out best options for easing the transport nightmare. I remember parking up near an overground station and then training in to Wembley for our victorious JPT win, but for the life of me I can't remember where that was. Anyone got any good suggestions for parking up at a nearby station? Thanks in advance.

Whenever I drive up for events in London I tend to park at Hatton Cross (near Heathrow) and get the Piccadilly Line in from there (need to change lines for Wembley further down the line obviously). Its not exactly close to Wembley but, to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing as it saves the potential problem of getting snarled up in traffic the closer you get to Wembley. There are probably better options than that but thought I'd share anyway.

When we went to the JPT at Wembley, we parked at South Ruislip Underground Station (which is overground) only a few stops from Wembley. It was free then on weekends and the grandchildren travelled free too. Easy to drive to via M25 and A 40 and to get away from.

M3 - M25 - A40 - Hillingdon station on the Metropolitan line. You'll know if you've overshot it as you can't miss the station, quite visible up on the right about a mile or two after you've turned on to the M40/A40. Plenty of parking, only 20 mins journey.

Simples. Assuming it's Southampton or Hampshire you're travelling from.

M3 - M25 - A40 - Hillingdon station on the Metropolitan line. You'll know if you've overshot it as you can't miss the station, quite visible up on the right about a mile or two after you've turned on to the M40/A40. Plenty of parking, only 20 mins journey.

Agree with this excellent and only a few quid to park at the weekend.

this is a great suggestion. We used it for the JPT, very easy journey. free street parking nearby, IIRC.

If you are getting the train DO NOT head back to Wembley Park tube station - it'll take you forever.

Last time I visited for the NFL I got on an overground train at Wembley Station overground, was back in Marylebone 20 minutes after kick-off

There is a large car park in Montrose Crescent ( HA0 4YB) that nobody seems to know about. I found it by accident when we went to see Metallica a few years ago and have parked there every time since without problem. Ten minute walk to the stadium, and two minutes from the North Circular.