Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

If we buy Clasie, we'd also be after another CM?

As with Wanyama out injured or suspended, that leaves us very lightweight in midfield.

Agreed, seems with the money being banded about for him we'd have a bit left over.

M

You'd be right if the third central midfielder in our system was an out-and-out attacker, but Davis and JWP both play as 'water-carriers' in the Deschamps mould, rather than as number 10s, contributing a lot more to pressing/harrying in the middle and defensive thirds than they do to creating/scoring up front (yes, JWP's 6 assists are promising, but no, they don't disprove my point).

Surely you can also accept that our 6th place goalscoring record was rather burnished by two very large home wins against defensively frail opposition, which have contrived to disguise our less-than-stellar back-end to the season, when, for example, we managed a solitary goal in five league games during February?

I didn't bother replying because I find it pointless. Everyone on here is a trainer/manager/tactical genius.

Edited by Andy Durman

Good source:

ROME - The Southampton surpasses Lazio and approaching the purchase of Jordy Clasie: the English club made ​​an offer of nine million pounds for the midfielder and Dutch Feyenoord seems oriented to accept it.The negotiations were conducted by Ronald Koeman, who is the coach of Southampton and has worked in the past also at Feyenoord, playing a decisive role in the growth of Clasie, twenty-four, 155 appearances and 8 goals in the Eredivisie. Lazio had informed on the price of the median-director, but in the last hours the Southampton has gained a position of absolute advantage. Koeman chose Clasie to replace French Morgan Schneiderlin, who is one step away from the transfer to Manchester United. Feyenoord, coached this year by Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, has decided not to deploy Clasie in the friendly with Fortuna Dusseldorf: another signal related to the breakthrough in talks with the Southampton.

http://m.corrieredellosport.it/notizia/calcio/calcio-mercato/2015/07/12-2385353/clasie_il_southampton_ha_sorpassato_la_lazio?cookieAccept

If we buy Clasie, we'd also be after another CM?

As with Wanyama out injured or suspended, that leaves us very lightweight in midfield.

If Clasie is Morgan's replacement we still need somone to replace Cork.

We can't rely on Davis and Ward-Prowse to provide defensive cover - and with Reed and Clasie being so small we will need someone a bit more physical to provide cover for Victor

Maybe we will go back in for Marco Benassi from Torino - he looked very good at the U21 tournament - and at 6ft could be what we need - Young though at just 20.

We can't rely on Davis and Ward-Prowse to provide defensive cover - and with Reed and Clasie being so small we will need someone a bit more physical to provide cover for Victor

Maybe we will go back in for Marco Benassi from Torino - he looked very good at the U21 tournament - and at 6ft could be what we need - Young though at just 20.

Young, international pedigree, coaching potential, massive sell-on potential. Ticks all our boxes!

Some lovely weight and vision on those balls. Morgan's passing, for all its range, tended to be quite one-paced. He didn't slow and speed things up as some can. Will be interesting to see if Clasie can orchestrate things as well as he did in Holland, with the likes of jonathan walters bearing down on him.

Apparently Clasie ISN'T Morgan's replacement and we're still looking to sign another midfielder as such. I saw a lot of him in the WC but haven't seen him play since then. I must say he looked great during that WC, massive potential.

Apparently Clasie ISN'T Morgan's replacement and we're still looking to sign another midfielder as such. I saw a lot of him in the WC but haven't seen him play since then. I must say he looked great during that WC, massive potential.

According to ?

I'm not so sure. Can't imagine we'll want to block Reed's path to the first team.

Could Koeman actually be conducting the negotiations? That is Reed's job.

In this circumstance it could work better with Koeman. I am sure the Feyenoord / Clasie reps would be more impressed by Dutch legend Koeman than Reed / Wilson.

A fully fit team

Forster

Cedric Fonte. Van Djik. Bertrand

Wanyama. Classie. New Dm

Jay Rod. Pelle. Mane

looks very good

How many defensive midfielders do you want? Lose your third mystery man and stick Juanmi or Tadic in there!

How many defensive midfielders do you want? Lose your third mystery man and stick Juanmi or Tadic in there!

Tadic. Defending. Never in the same sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article in todays Algemeen Dagblad which seems to have good Feyenoord links - http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/5619/Feyenoord/article/detail/4099830/2015/07/13/Fans-luiden-Clasie-al-uit.dhtml

"The supporters of Feyenoord sang him yesterday in Austria once again increased loudly. Jordy Clasie is about to move to Southampton and then came the 'Jordy thanks' from the stands. The captain leaves at Feyenoord and will provide the Rotterdam reportedly about twelve million.

Clasie in the Netherlands on a different level. I assume that he will leave the club obviously has not left him for nothing out of the selection against Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Jordy Clasie trudged in the sweltering Kufstein towards the dressing room and supporters shouted once he or she wanted to go with the picture. For the supporters of the Rotterdam was there yesterday in Austria, no doubt, the crowd favorite attracts a very short time the door behind him in the cockpit.

Then yesterday leaked Feyenoord player kept on the side for the friendly against Fortuna Düsseldorf no unreasonable risks to run, it suddenly was a madhouse around the player. Interested clubs who initially wanted to just watch from the sidelines, appeared on the scene to inquire about the player.

Only they all come too late, look for Clasie would prefer to work again under the wing of Ronald Koeman. Hunt Martin van Geel is hopeful to get around twelve million euros for the player, where suddenly from all sides hunted on . Clasie knows he this week at a stroke his young family can provide a carefree financial future, and furthermore he moves then to the world so incensed Premier League.

On the advice of coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst Feyenoord showed itself yesterday via Twitter early to know why in Clasie Seefeld a morning workout based finished with seven other players who would not take action against Fortuna Dusseldorf. ,, Yes, there is concrete interest. I did not want to have to turn around it, '' Van Bronckhorst said later in Kufstein. ,, Jordy came to me and he said he would rather not play. He is not gone yet, but chances are very high that leaves Jordy. "

Southampton believes in the opinion of coach Ronald Koeman including Clasie became the best player of Feyenoord. The club would be willing to make an amount around twelve million to Rotterdam. Teammate Karim El Ahmadi thinks he is double that money well spent. ,, Clasie is another level of Netherlands, '' said El Ahmadi.

A fully fit team

Forster

Wanyama. Classie. New Dm

Jay Rod. Pelle. Mane

looks very good

Personally if we're going to play Wanyama and Clasie in a three with another DM I'd like to see Reed get more game time. with both Wanyama and Clasie you could use someone in there like JWP who's not so physical.

A fully fit team

Forster

Wanyama. Classie. New Dm

Jay Rod. Pelle. Mane

looks very good

Is Classie not a deep laying midfielder? I'd like to see trying out juanmi in front of Classie and victor with a front three of long, Jrod and mane pace to burn on the front 4 there.

Sure JWP will play more this season, be interesting to see where.

I'd be tempted to play

Forster

Cedric Fonte New Bertrand

---------Wanyama

-------JWP-----Clasie

Mane-----------------Juanmi

-----------JRod-----

Pace and power, leaving Tadic, Pelle, Reed, Davis, Long all fighting for a place in the first team.

A fully fit team

Forster

Wanyama. Classie. New Dm

Jay Rod. Pelle. Mane

looks very good

Blimey we have gone from playing loads of English men to going almost half Dutch, And that is why the English national team is crap.

Sure JWP will play more this season, be interesting to see where.

Im not so sure he will but if he does he needs to be a lot better than he was for long spells last season.

In fairness to him I'm not sure how all these England tournaments he seems to be involved in during the summer months help him.

I would have preferred he had a summer off and see how he gets on with a rest behind him.

Blimey we have gone from playing loads of English men to going almost half Dutch, And that is why the English national team is crap.

Those Englishmen still exist and have a better chance of having a longer England career elsewhere.