Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

Feyenoord have just announced that they have an agreement with Clasie for him not to play any more in preseason due to 'concrete, serious interest' from another club.

Here we go...

Coupled with us making bids for players...

:)

GoudenLogo_bigger.png

@
Feyenoord
15m15 minutes ago
View translation

Jordy Clasie speelt vanmiddag niet tegen Fortuna Düsseldorf. De reden is dat er concreet serieuze belangstelling is getoond voor de captain.

Jordy Clasie doesn't play this afternoon against Fortuna Düsseldorf. The reason is that there are concrete serious interest has been shown for the captain.

GoudenLogo_bigger.png
Feyenoord Rotterdam
@
Feyenoord
17m17 minutes ago

Club en speler hebben daarom in goed overleg besloten hem niet te laten spelen zolang gesprekken over een eventuele transfer gaande zijn.

Club and player have therefore in good consultation decided not to let him play as long as talks on a possible transfer.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Still will feel disappointed if we sign Clasie as a Morgan replacement, maybe has the vision.. but just not the defensive capabilities. I'm welcome to be proved wrong though.

Really?

I've watched them a few times this season just gone, pretty much to see him, and he puts in a lot of leg work and is particularly tenacious and feisty. He's able to sit in front of the back four and spray passes, as well as get into the final third. I'd say he's more than capable, especially when partnered with Wanyama. I've been excited about this one for a while.

Still will feel disappointed if we sign Clasie as a Morgan replacement, maybe has the vision.. but just not the defensive capabilities. I'm welcome to be proved wrong though.

He's quality tbh. We could do a hell of a lot worse, would be a big investment as he'd be £14-15m

What a vile, arrogant club Feyehampton are. Why do they think they can just pick off our players as and when it suits them? They should develop their own. I don't mind Claise leaving but to anyone but them. They got our manager and our centre forward now they're taking the p*ss.

Feyehampton clearly lack the imagination to develop their own strategy and system so they are stealing ours. Horrible arrogant club with deluded fans.

Time will tell; but can see where you're coming from.

Time will tell; but can see where you're coming from.

For me its not so much about Clasie's tenacity but his height. Its not a problem when Wanyama plays, but he won't play 55 games this season.

Without him its two or three from JWP, Clasie, Reed or Davis and any combo would get bullied, especially against the more powerful midfields.

Partly that is why we used Toby in there when Morgan couldnt play.

Have to say that Clasie looks quality as a player though!

What a vile, arrogant club Feyehampton are. Why do they think they can just pick off our players as and when it suits them? They should develop their own. I don't mind Claise leaving but to anyone but them. They got our manager and our centre forward now they're taking the p*ss.

Feyehampton clearly lack the imagination to develop their own strategy and system so they are stealing ours. Horrible arrogant club with deluded fans.

It's ok when we go around stomping on clubs

Lol

If Ronald leaves us for Barca in 2 year, no doubt the same will happen.

Thats football

But there are ways about going about things.

i.e. Shaw & Chambers could come back to the club in the future because their transfers were negotiated in a proffessional manner.

lallana & LoLvren, have most definatly burned their boats and the buying club & manager must take some of the blame for that

He would be a marvellous acquisition.

Ease my fears just fractionally......defensively/ goalkeeper I believe we are going to be much weaker than last season.......let's get a ruddy good CB in also.

I still think we won't be prolific goal scorers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?

I've watched them a few times this season just gone, pretty much to see him, and he puts in a lot of leg work and is particularly tenacious and feisty. He's able to sit in front of the back four and spray passes, as well as get into the final third. I'd say he's more than capable, especially when partnered with Wanyama. I've been excited about this one for a while.[/quote

Yeah I think Jakko is wrong. I've watched 4-5 Feyenoord games this season so admittedly not too many but he played really well in all of them. Was very impressed. Don't be put off by his size, he loves a tackle and reads the game well too. And he's very good on the ball in tight spaces; had a touch of Iniesta about him...seems able to keep the ball even when surrounded by two players.

Amusing commentary from the feyenoord forum - http://feyenoord.netwerk.to/forums/HTML/forum9/2794-258.php

"what I see coming here the last few weeks about Jordy over, we are the exception because he is parked here often as a leprechaun no **** of can. Which of course is nonsense, but that is what happens when you stay long. A friend is the first year a horny girl who knows the ropes and after five years a whiner who can not cook."

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/620194705591111680

Talks between Jordy Clasie's representatives and Ronald Koeman have been taking place in Austria today. Deal will happen #saintsfc

Reaching a bit here but currently Feyanoord are in a training camp for this week in Austria about 2hrs drive away from where we are.

Nice Article for those that didn't see it earlier - http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/ok...or-Southampton

Think it's pretty much done and has been for a while. Just waiting on Morgan.

I think we'll push for it now, be a nice feel good factor for the fans and maybe clasie won't wait around forever feeling second best to Morgan. Morgan's transfer will be a long drawn out affair I feel.

9.8/10

:)

He is 1cm shorter than Claude Makélélé.

If we signed Makélélé in his prime, would you be worried about his height?

No.

The context of the whole post is clear. Clasie looks quality, I just feel we are collecting a lot of central midfielders who are either:

i.) Small ie. Clasie, Reed, Davis, JWP or ii.) Physically weak i.e JWP, Davis

As well as Clasie we could use a player with a Wanyama type presence, as a backup for when Wanyama is injured or unavailable, especially as we no longer have Toby to fill in there.

No slight on Clasie whatsoever as he looks quality. More squad makeup and having options. In pre season we are playing 4-2-3-1 and IMO Davis and JWP are both poor in the '2'.

9/10, would have been then full 10 if you had included a foam finger. I would have also taken 'you dirty Dutch/Rotterdam b*stards, we're coming for you'

Sad to see him go, but he is ready for the next step. Hope he does well for you guys! But I am confident he will, although some adjustment to BPL is of course required.

Will be a bit of an awkward encounter in our preseason match to see him at your side haha. But I guess the Saints - Feyenoord connection has gotten stronger since last year. Traditionally we have a 'partnership' in the BPL with Sunderland btw ;)

Article in Voetbalzone.nl says that Clasie has said no to Porto and Fiorentina and a move to Russia. He wants a move to Southampton.

Yes, that is correct. We are certain he turned down Russia, I believe Zenit. He said his family is very important to him and he wants to go somewhere they would be happy too, which apparantly is in the UK at you guys. :)

Oh come on Turkish, they don't have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Feyenoord's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. We were after a certain type of player that fits the profile and the mould of the way we play. They played in a similar mould to us, so the players understand the pressing, the intensity and the possession so, I don't have sympathy, no.