season tickets and membership sales

parkgatesaint

Could do with a bigger stadium I reckon..

On your marks, get set.....

Too early in the morning for popcorn and a beer..

Incidentally... I haven't received mine yet; when do they get sent out?

Edited by suewhistle
Incidentally..

Incidentally... I haven't received mine yet; when do they get sent out?

Sue, haven't received mine yet either (the post just arrived). I received mail from the Club on Thursday that at least implied they had been sent, and some people have received theirs. I was expecting them yesterday, but I guess it may be another day or so.

What's the season ticket record since moving to St. Mary's?

I think it was between 22-23,000 and can't see it getting much above that while it remains so easy to watch for free at home/down the pub.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150714-season-ticket-availability-now-limited-2545466.aspx

Over 20k now but probably unlikely to go much higher, maybe an increase with half-STs in December.

Sue, haven't received mine yet either (the post just arrived). I received mail from the Club on Thursday that at least implied they had been sent, and some people have received theirs. I was expecting them yesterday, but I guess it may be another day or so.

I got mine through yesterday. Apparently they send them out to the best and most dedicated fans first.

Same as, email sent Thursday but still awaiting.

I think it was between 22-23,000 and can't see it getting much above that while it remains so easy to watch for free at home/down the pub.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150714-season-ticket-availability-now-limited-2545466.aspx

Over 20k now but probably unlikely to go much higher, maybe an increase with half-STs in December.

it would not be allowed to go much higher than 23,000 anyway as you have to have a certain % of tickets on general sale and when you consider potentially 10% for away fans then that isn't far off capacity.

say 6500 away fans, 24,000 season tickets and that only leaves about 1500 for general sale (after segregation). I know a season ticket doesn't include cup games but you would expect all to have that option.

it would not be allowed to go much higher than 23,000 anyway as you have to have a certain % of tickets on general sale and when you consider potentially 10% for away fans then that isn't far off capacity.

say 6500 away fans, 24,000 season tickets and that only leaves about 1500 for general sale (after segregation). I know a season ticket doesn't include cup games but you would expect all to have that option.

I think I've read somewhere before that it would max out at around 25,000 to always leave a number of tickets available for members/casual fans. But I don't know where you get "6500" for away fans, the most we ever give is just over 3k (and only up to 5k for cup games).

10% of 32,000 = £6500?

I think I've read somewhere before that it would max out at around 25,000 to always leave a number of tickets available for members/casual fans. But I don't know where you get "6500" for away fans, the most we ever give is just over 3k (and only up to 5k for cup games).

Sorry, yes it should be 4500 away fans. This would then take season tickets available up around your suggested 25,000.

Aha, but I'm not really called Mr Vectis, just like I assume you aren't called Ms Whistle (or Ms Sue) :-) Then again perhaps you are.

Well, I'm going to Vectis tomorrow morning for an overnighter, so I'll bring me dictionary so we can check..

Got my ST today. Bearing in mind last time I could afford a ST was in the championship (back when you still had to tear the tickets out of a book) I was pretty impressed by the little package my ST came in nice little saints pin, good info on what benefits your ST gave you inspiring letter from Ralph all in a nice little box...excellent work by the club.

Just found out that season ticket holders can't buy additional tickets for friends without a membership £25 as well. Bit of a joke tbh, gives membership as much power as season ticket holders without the same commitment. They should at least offer each season ticket the option to buy an additional ticket for at least say 5 home games a year.

Basically means they've devalued the season tickets. Joke.

Just found out that season ticket holders can't buy additional tickets for friends without a membership £25 as well. Bit of a joke tbh, gives membership as much power as season ticket holders without the same commitment. They should at least offer each season ticket the option to buy an additional ticket for at least say 5 home games a year.

That is sh1t. Membership is for wnkers.

There is a 10% off voucher for purchases in the club shop with the season tickets, I take it this is a one off 10% rather than the season long discount we had last time?

I rarely buy stuff in there but for those who love to kit themselves out in Saints gear it could be mildly irritating.

It's an interesting point, it makes sense for members to have first pick of tickets but they should then give season ticket holders next priority to buy extra seats before finally going on general sale. For the big games when away teams take the full allocation there will still be about 8000 home end tickets on sale which should always mean anyway who wants a ticket and buys on firat day of sale will get one.

Worth dropping a email to the ticket office to ask them about this.

are members restricted to one ticket per membership prior to general sale? couldn't see this clarified anywhere.

I was. So assume so.

Incidentally, looks as though there will be membership cards on their way. The tickets are said to be 'uploaded' when purchased. So that would I assume be to the card.

Had a quick look on-line, doesn't look like too many tickets for the Everton game have been sold, still tons available, so memberships certainly don't make much difference for middling home games.

In fairness, the first game of the season at home rarely sells out. Holidays, etc.

Ex season ticket holder and not a member but my 2p worth, your season ticket entitles you to go to every game and get first divi at cup games etc.. Members have paid for the priveledge of getting first chance after you have bought yours. Why should a season ticket holders mate who is not a member or a season ticket holder not stand in line like everyone else. It certainly does not devalue your season ticket as you still get to see every game and first oportunity for any games not covered by your season ticket.

are members restricted to one ticket per membership prior to general sale? couldn't see this clarified anywhere.

I don't think they are sure it states that when members buy a ticket its uploaded to their card however any additional tickets will be posted out or available as print at home.

Ex season ticket holder and not a member but my 2p worth, your season ticket entitles you to go to every game and get first divi at cup games etc.. Members have paid for the priveledge of getting first chance after you have bought yours. Why should a season ticket holders mate who is not a member or a season ticket holder not stand in line like everyone else. It certainly does not devalue your season ticket as you still get to see every game and first oportunity for any games not covered by your season ticket.
I think priority for home games should go Members - then season ticket holders - then General Sale. That would fairest.

In fairness, the first game of the season at home rarely sells out. Holidays, etc.

Guess so, that just why I thought its a middling game, not highest popularity, but reasonable opposition, first league home game etc, must be a bit of demand.

I just logged in with my season ticket details and I can buy extra tickets,

so it appears you can buy extra when they go on general sale, but members get first chance to buy, which is fair enough IMO

Very well put matey. As somebody who lives away from the area, a ST is not an option, but Membership Scheme gives me a fighting chance of getting a ticket when I'm back home.

I think priority for home games should go Members - then season ticket holders - then General Sale. That would fairest.

Give me a good and valid reason why a season ticket holders mate who is too tight to get a membership have any priority over anyone else? As stated previously I do not have a season ticket or membership. I do have a fair few season ticket holding associates who by your reasoning could put me further up the queue but I still think I should wait in line with the rest of the tight wads not prepared to pay for the priveledge of getting tickets early.