season tickets and membership sales

parkgatesaint

Give me a good and valid reason why a season ticket holders mate who is too tight to get a membership have any priority over anyone else? As stated previously I do not have a season ticket or membership. I do have a fair few season ticket holding associates who by your reasoning could put me further up the queue but I still think I should wait in line with the rest of the tight wads not prepared to pay for the privilege of getting tickets early.

Personally, if you pay up front that amount of money the fringe benefit of getting a certain priority on other tickets makes sense to me.

But equally, if you take just them buying a seat, their seat as the only stipulation then your view also has merit.

There doesn't seem to be a right answer.

Ex season ticket holder and not a member but my 2p worth, your season ticket entitles you to go to every game and get first divi at cup games etc.. Members have paid for the priveledge of getting first chance after you have bought yours. Why should a season ticket holders mate who is not a member or a season ticket holder not stand in line like everyone else. It certainly does not devalue your season ticket as you still get to see every game and first oportunity for any games not covered by your season ticket.

Sorry mate, but if you commit to getting tickets for the season you should automatically be a member. I go with my old man who has concession ticket. Once in a while I want to go with my brother or wife etc... Because of this system we now need to pay extra for a ****ing membership when we are already making more commitment than members. That is a joke. Travel 4 hours round trip for home games as well. Club are taking the ****.

Sorry mate, but if you commit to getting tickets for the season you should automatically be a member. I go with my old man who has concession ticket. Once in a while I want to go with my brother or wife etc... Because of this system we now need to pay extra for a ****ing membership when we are already making more commitment than members. That is a joke. Travel 4 hours round trip for home games as well. Club are taking the ****.

Yes, the system should be geared towards people who want to do what they want whenever they want. That shouldn't be too hard.

Fecking joke.

As a ST holder I think it's perfectly fair that Members get priority over ST holders (who don't have membership) for available home tickets - ST holders already have a home ticket and members have paid extra to ensure they get first shout on those remaining.

If ST holders want additional tickets they are by definition not for themselves, so there's no reason they should get priority over someone who has specifically paid for that priority. If they want to get that priority too, they have the option to pay for membership.

Your ST entitles you to discount on matches and priority on away games, it has nothing to do with the ability to buy home tickets for other people without STs. That is the very definition of what Membership entails.

Re: the 10% discount: All ST holders get 10% off the home shirt before July 31st, PLUS a 10% off voucher to be used as a one-off during the season (which most people presumably will use on the away kit). If you want money off your training kit too, either buy it before July 31st or wait til you use your voucher.

Personally, if you pay up front that amount of money the fringe benefit of getting a certain priority on other tickets makes sense to me.

But equally, if you take just them buying a seat, their seat as the only stipulation then your view also has merit.

There doesn't seem to be a right answer.

ST gives priority on buying away tickets, and you get every home ticket automatically, and at a discount.

Without home priority there's literally no reason to have a membership.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've forked out over £1400 for two tickets and if I want to take any of the rest of my family I'm supposed to shell out again.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've forked out over £1400 for two tickets and if I want to take any of the rest of my family I'm supposed to shell out again.

I do not think that's the case at all

From my experience you just have to wait until tickets go on general sale to get the extra tickets

Ah, I see what you mean. So that means a ST holder is no different from any other bod?
No, as stated above, they have priority for away games, cup games, a discounted seat for every home league game. But apart from that the same.

What you're proposing would completely negate the purpose of memberships.

I have a season ticket for 3 reasons:

1. I don't have to bother remembering to get a ticket for games before they sell out.

2. The matchday tickets are cheaper.

3. My seat is reserved for a period for cup games.

I don't see why I should have priority buying tickets for other people.

No, as stated above, they have priority for away games, cup games, a discounted seat for every home league game. But apart from that the same.

What you're proposing would completely negate the purpose of memberships.

I meant to refer to home games. It's different now that we can sell our seats for games we can't make but previously the small discount was offset by the ones we missed. Several times there has been no priority for you regular seat for cup games. It's very rare that I can buy a seat for away games, these go to those who can go regularly away. I'm not complaining about this, but very often I can't get an away ticket. It would be straightforward to include a membership with a season ticket.

The way tickets are allocated with always **** someone off. From what I've seen, there's no completely fair method.

I had a season ticket from 92 all the way through to the year Adkins got us promoted. After that season, I simply couldn't justify the cost of a season ticket. It's absolutely extortionate and is rarely value for money. I said enough is enough a few years back - it's just too expensive. Not because I couldn't afford it, but because I think these guys in charge of football are taking the ****. What are people's cut off points? Seems to me some will pay absolutely whatever it takes... SO those of you that are whinging about Season Ticket holders getting shat on - I cannot believe you're not used to it by now! It's only going to get worse lads...

I meant to refer to home games. It's different now that we can sell our seats for games we can't make but previously the small discount was offset by the ones we missed. Several times there has been no priority for you regular seat for cup games. It's very rare that I can buy a seat for away games, these go to those who can go regularly away. I'm not complaining about this, but very often I can't get an away ticket. It would be straightforward to include a membership with a season ticket.
If you got no benefit from buying one, why did you buy one?

Plus its easy to get tickets to away games, only one or two matches last season didn't make General Sale, let alone to any season ticket holder.

If you got no benefit from buying one, why did you buy one?

Plus its easy to get tickets to away games, only one or two matches last season didn't make General Sale, let alone to any season ticket holder.

It definitely isn't easy to get tickets to away games if they're in London, pretty sure none of them went on general sale, that's a fair amount of games. Then I'd presume United and Liverpool tickets are fairly hard to get hold of

Got my season ticket today, it goes through the basics of selling back your seat...but it seems you don't get any money back yourself? I was under the impression you would get back the discounted amount you would have paid for that game.

If your seat is sold, a credit will be applied to your account which can be redeemed against the cost of your 2016/17 Season Ticket

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/index.aspx#mhKRAQLRV3EfDxWZ.99

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

It definitely isn't easy to get tickets to away games if they're in London, pretty sure none of them went on general sale, that's a fair amount of games. Then I'd presume United and Liverpool tickets are fairly hard to get hold of

West Ham and Palace away didn't sell out last season. We didn't take the full allocations at Spurs or Chelsea. Man Utd didn't sell out. For the vast majority of away games, if you're a season ticket holder, you can get a ticket.

West Ham and Palace away didn't sell out last season. We didn't take the full allocations at Spurs or Chelsea. Man Utd didn't sell out. For the vast majority of away games, if you're a season ticket holder, you can get a ticket.

West Ham away was in holidays.

Palace was Boxing Day so lack of services means no transport for many.

Still waiting for my season ticket to arrive. Will give it another week before I chase up the ticket office

Me too. I tweeted them to check if there are still some which haven't been sent yet but I haven't heard back yet.

Got my ST today. Bearing in mind last time I could afford a ST was in the championship (back when you still had to tear the tickets out of a book) I was pretty impressed by the little package my ST came in nice little saints pin, good info on what benefits your ST gave you inspiring letter from Ralph all in a nice little box...excellent work by the club.

Mine arrived yesterday, this probably my most important contribution for the season....

what are you all going to do with the the box e.g.

Give it to the other half for trinkets etc

Keep your naughty pics in, she's never gonna look in there!

Me just had a clear out and its the sort of clutter I normally keep for years so straight in the recycle bin.

COYR

Mine arrived yesterday, this probably my most important contribution for the season....

what are you all going to do with the the box e.g.

Give it to the other half for trinkets etc

Keep your naughty pics in, she's never gonna look in there!

Me just had a clear out and its the sort of clutter I normally keep for years so straight in the recycle bin.

COYR

Hand them back to the club and get a discount of next season?

ST finally arrived yesterday. Typical, expecting it all week, and it arrives on Saturday while I was away for the weekend.

Is it an emotional experience? I just binned the box although wow exciting news about receiving some newsletter personally delivered to my mailbox or something - FFS I don't have to go and collect it so that's great.

So much fawning over what is a load of b0llocks. I couldn't care less for the marketing. I know what I am getting and just want my seat.

Kids can have the badge

I wasn't distressed not to see the postie deliver it either.

Got mine the boy's yesterday. Coukdve stuck it all in one box instead of two separate ones, one box straight in the bin. Nice pin badges even though the pin snapped off of one when trying to take it out the box, superglue did the trick.

Why don't these season ticket holders 'mates' get a membership themselves seeing as they aren't the ones who've forked out for a whole season ticket and they want to go, hey?

I myself haven't even got a membership yet, will be a shame if I struggle to get tickets for more than 2 games!

Funny story: My brother used to have a season ticket starting when we went down to the championship every year till after the first season in league one I think or maybe just the championship seasons, ever since he didn't renew we've been on a huge upwards curve. Now you can't call him plastic! lol

Edited by Saint IQ

That doesn't make sense to me. It would suggest that there are only 21,000 available, meaning there is still 11,000 including aways and hospitality, not available for ST's. I would have thought they would have tried to sell at lease 24,000 if possible, meaning probably only around 3,000 would need to be shifted per match.

I hadn't noticed this before:

Ticket resale scheme

The ticket resale scheme will only come into operation once a game has been declared as sold out

Upon the Club opening the scheme, you will be able to offer your seat for re-sale using the online ticketing system

No guarantee can be given that your seat will be sold

If your seat is sold, a credit will be applied to your account which can be redeemed against the cost of your 2016/17 Season Ticket

Ticket resale scheme

The ticket resale scheme will only come into operation once a game has been declared as sold out

Upon the Club opening the scheme, you will be able to offer your seat for re-sale using the online ticketing system

Ah... That's a bit different :(

That doesn't make sense to me. It would suggest that there are only 21,000 available, meaning there is still 11,000 including aways and hospitality, not available for ST's. I would have thought they would have tried to sell at lease 24,000 if possible, meaning probably only around 3,000 would need to be shifted per match.

It does make sense. While it might be harder to sell on a match by match basis, the income from them is higher (well I think it is, but I am sure Pluto could tell us with all the A, B and C categories) than a Season Ticket.

Also, while not explaining the 11,000 remaining, PL rule R.5.9 says "promote the availability of match tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least 5 per cent.) of them for sale to non-season ticket holders". And of course there are the 10% reserved for away supporters, which I know you have taken into account. Anyway, I think it good policy to have more than the "at least 5%" available for non-STs as it gives more people to occasionally come to the games. The sell back scheme will also help with this.

Ticket resale scheme

That gives me an issue. Me and my mate have a season ticket each, whenever we can't go, we give the other one the ticket so they can take somebody else. We never charge for this, its just so the ticket doesn't go to waste. Only stipulation is, must be a Saints fan that goes. Its worked well over the years.

But now we can get money back for it. I can see arguments ahead!

Good work by the club to be honest, there was a couple that neither of us could go to last year.

Saintsweb disclaimer. 1) I have never given my ticket away to anybody - only MLT 2) This post in tongue in cheek, its not really an issue.