CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Didnt stop Lallana or Morgan from going, and wont stop J-Rod next summer if he pulls it together again this season.

For our sake I hope Jayrod does 'pull it together'. We need to get through this season without the debacle of relegation. Then we can worry about next season.

Was I the only one to notice Clyne lifting his foot off the gas towards the end of last season, he had an England place and knew he wasn't staying with us, fear of getting a silly injury to scupper all of this was in the back of his mind.

It would be no surprise if VVD is of the same mindset...... You are off to the Premier League to sit in the best shop window outside of the usual top 4 and the possibility of untold riches to come.

John Boy, I wouldn't disagree with you. Even if it isn't your intention, that nagging at the back of your mind might mean you give 95% rather than 100%. VVD seems on the face of it fairly committed to Celtic, but you can be at 95% quite happily in the SPL but not so in the CL. Clyne, well some games he seemed to be a little less than 95% and of course, there was that dropping vs Hull which was never explained although it was soon after the press said he was off. Also the same sort of time that he was continually being photographed bigging it up in London. Guess he grew up being a provincial football player to become a "super star" - such excellent role models for kids to follow, although there are far far worse than Clyne.

Mmm the pleasure of well-reasoned argument LOL out loud

Well he started it ...nanananana all I was saying was that both were training with u21's on Sunday whether for fitness etc and didn't envisage Gaston

being picked soon. Especially as he never played a game for them on Monday - so must still be injured.

Keyboard warriors p1ss me off I never call anyone something I wouldn't do to their face.

Anyway enough off track back to VVD he worries me a lot and based on what I saw and a from what I have been told by someone who has watched him a lot he

just coasts it so will take a bit of time to adjust. Not sure our great support will give him that time Romeu and Clasie were written off after 1 game.

Reckon they think they can get more from Everton if they sell Stones for £40M.

If we're going to get him, might come down to VVD wanting to work with Koeman.

Why? We have made stacks of money the last two years so could easily match anything offered for the player as it isnt going to be north of £15m maximum. We would have spent that on Toby so it shouldn't be an issue.

Why? We have made stacks of money the last two years so could easily match anything offered for the player as it isnt going to be north of £15m maximum. We would have spent that on Toby so it shouldn't be an issue.

We probably can match what they'll be willing to go up to, in which case, it'll be down to the player's choice, in which case working with Koeman hopefully swings it for us.

Celtic probably think Everton will offer more than we're offering at the moment.

Well probably because we'll feel that doesn't match our valuation of him and go for a another target with more value. It's called being well run and spending shrewdly

Well probably because we'll feel that doesn't match our valuation of him and go for a another target with more value. It's called being well run and spending shrewdly

Missing out on your no.1 transfer target in the one position we need it the most in the last week of the transfer window, in which we've had over two months to sort it out is being well run?

We don't buy success, FFS, we breed it.

Missing out on your no.1 transfer target in the one position we need it the most in the last week of the transfer window, in which we've had over two months to sort it out is being well run?

Going for your No2 choice because you cant be bothered to wait for your No1 choice to become available doesn't sound particularly bright either!

Going for your No2 choice because you cant be bothered to wait for your No1 choice to become available doesn't sound particularly bright either!

I guess you have to be certain that the deal will get done if you choose to wait until the end of the window for when your no.1 target is available.

VVD aint going to come here.

We always f**k up this sort of high profile public p*ssing contest.

Everton are going to have up to 40m burning a hole in the pocket, and we will continue to be smart-arse....

Get your money down then, alps. He's 2/5 to sign with us, 5/1 to join everton, and 5/1 to stay at celtic.

caulker, fonte, yoshida?

You're so funny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34060123

The Dutchman heads a shortlist of four defenders who Southampton are interested in and the clubs held talks about a potential transfer this summer.

I suspect the shortlist of players we are interested in does not include the ones we already have.

Edited by VectisSaint

"Southampton News Conference at 16.30 hrs" - BBC Football page.

Just standard press briefing before next game (tomorrow) or something to announce????

We will know in 75 minutes or more! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a press conference before last weeks Europa league game so at a guess its just that :-(