CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

You know you are clutching at straws. We were supposed to have a loan with option-to-buy agreeement in place and f**ked that up; there is no evidence the same group of incompetent fools will cold-sell this club to someone else at such a late stage. VVD would be a complete bellend to come here now. He's got Euro football at Celtic, and can probably re-negotiate his contract there to get more money if he wants.

Christ you really do not get it do you? We did not f-ck anything up. Toby decided to go to Spuds full stop. When are you going to stop rewriting history to suit your own sad agenda? You really ought to go and support another club.

Reading RK quote in the Echo is a tad concerning. Glad that the window shuts on Tuesday so we know nobody is gone.

It might be his English but it doesn't seem he believes no player will be sold, if his words are interpreted correctly.

Reading RK quote in the Echo is a tad concerning. Glad that the window shuts on Tuesday so we know nobody is gone.

It might be his English but it doesn't seem he believes no player will be sold, if his words are interpreted correctly.

How the hell do you come to that conclusion. Says quite the opposite. I'm negative at mo but no point making things up!

Or maybe.. whilst he is confident no means no...

- he doesn't have to put up with disruptive player-agent antics

- the whole squad can focus on football

- he doesn't have to deal with responding to countless transfer rumours at every presser

- all of the above

TRANSFER EXCLUSIVE: @ManUtd have agreed a fee with @celticfc of £10m + Tyler Blackett for the services of Dutch defender Virgil Van Dijk

So says someone called Simon Rowntree on Twitter. No idea on reliability...

That'll bring the window lickers out in force.... oh they're already out in force.

How the hell do you come to that conclusion. Says quite the opposite. I'm negative at mo but no point making things up!

RK words in the Echo 'I will be happy 6pm on Tuesday- then we know nothing more can happen.

If he was certain nothing can happen I would suggest he would not even worry about the window shutting.

it is not making things up, it is my viewpoint on what RK has said. As I said it may be his English but......

RK words in the Echo 'I will be happy 6pm on Tuesday- then we know nothing more can happen.

If he was certain nothing can happen I would suggest he would not even worry about the window shutting.

it is not making things up, it is my viewpoint on what RK has said. As I said it may be his English but......

I think this qualifies as a situation where whatever Koeman said people would put a negative spin on it.

No he just means it will be the end of window so that the speculation will all die down and can concentrate on football. He gave his word that no one would be sold last week. I believe him.

No he just means it will be the end of window so that the speculation will all die down and can concentrate on football. He gave his word that no one would be sold last week. I believe him.

I believe RK more than anybody at te club. When he said nobody would leave I was 100% sure that was the case. His wording in the Echo did not give the same assurance a few days later. It may be as I said his way of using our language

Again VvD is not selected for the Dutch national team: he's not good enough... Instead of VvD the Orange coach Danny Blind selected Riedewald (a 19 year old Ajax defender with no experience), Martins Indi (who doesn't get real playing time at Porto as he's not good enough) and de Vrij (logical) as central defenders. Oh, and his little kid Daley can play in this position if you want to believe Lois van Gaal, the family friend of the Blinds...

I heard some Dutch pundits say that VvD was rubbish in the european games for Celtic and this would be the reason for his dismissal but that would be shortsighted IMO. It probably has to do with the fact that Danny Blind wants to play with a right footed CD and a left footed CD. If I had to choose between de Vrij and VvD I would go for the latter...

S-Clarke has been adamant that this deal was all but done and that Celtic just needed to qualify for Champs League or not. How can it be that with 3 days of the transfer window left, he's still playing for Celtic?

Is a tad baffling.

I wonder if he is really second choice/backup, and we're hoping to get someone else?

RD: Listen, I know you had a disappointing week but we had a worse one and we don't want to kick the fans again just yet. Let him play with two cigars out instead of the usual one against St Johnstone, we'll gub them, he can wave bye bye then sign for you, everyone's happy (er)....

Did he really say "if we don't it will be a disaster"?

We can still sign Vlaar, even after Tuesday.

He is injured until 2016 so its a moot point.

We will get a CB in, but hypothetically if we didn't and therefore didn't replace Toby then even the most positive fan would surely admit it was very poor.

But we will get one and it won't come to that.

Just can't get my head round why the club leave signings in crucial positions so late in the transfer window? They have known since the Toby deal fell through that they needed to get a high quality CB in and yet, here we are, two and a half days away from the closure of the window, and they still haven't got anyone in. How can RK get the team set up for the start of the season when there are clear holes in our 1st 11? Doesn't the almighty Les understand the importance of getting the team settled yet? How long has he been in football?

The Board seem quite sanguine about sacrificing the start of the season and the qualifying of the Eoropa - for what? Saving pennies in the grand scheme of things. Have to say we come across as amateurish in our transfer dealings - AGAIN! Every transfer window has been the same for years - we **** about and then end up in a panic on the last day.

as for the fabled Black Box.....what a joke.

Just can't get my head round why the club leave signings in crucial positions so late in the transfer window? They have known since the Toby deal fell through that they needed to get a high quality CB in and yet, here we are, two and a half days away from the closure of the window, and they still haven't got anyone in. How can RK get the team set up for the start of the season when there are clear holes in our 1st 11? Doesn't the almighty Les understand the importance of getting the team settled yet? How long has he been in football?

The Board seem quite sanguine about sacrificing the start of the season and the qualifying of the Eoropa - for what? Saving pennies in the grand scheme of things. Have to say we come across as amateurish in our transfer dealings - AGAIN! Every transfer window has been the same for years - we **** about and then end up in a panic on the last day.

Can you remember which day we signed Toby last summer? I can.

Because if that's how long it takes to get the right player, then there's not a lot they can do about it. It's not worth rushing and throwing away millions of pounds like we have done numerous times in the past.

Tbf as ****ed off as I still am with Koeman and Thursday nights result, I was happy with our dealings in the transfer window prior to the first game of the season so still am now. I think we've signed decent young players with a lot of potential which is exactly what we should be doing and have signed them all for very good prices, can anyone say any of our signings this summer were overpriced? I think our biggest problem this season has been Koemans team selections and tactics, which have been absolute f#cking sh#te, accompanied with the squad needing time to gel. I know they clicked instantly last summer, but its blindingly obvious seeing them play that they look like strangers atm and need time to settle. I'm concerned about Koeman at the moment though, he really does seem dissinterested and I was angry that he said Thursday night was a good performance and just blamed the ref, he just seems lazy and complacent so far this season