CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Lets move on to other targets and get our defence settled. This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing.

Morning pal, how are you? Has anyone ever told you you are the Katie Hopkins of soccerball forums?

Lets move on to other targets and get our defence settled. This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing.

This. It is absolutely scandalous the way the club is behaving on this issue. How on earth we have managed to climb from -10pts in L1 to 7th in the Prem and Europe in six seasons I don't know.

I think he will be in the squad for the game on Sat

Why? Surely they won't sell their best player until they have guarenteed the riches of the Champions League, or have been knocked out. No reason for them to bother selling before those two massive games.

Presumably that is why he is still there now.

By that time (Aug 26th) Everton will possibly have lost Stones, other teams may have had injuries or lost other good CBs so its a risky game unless we are very sure the deal can be done.

I think this is a fair point. You could find another way of expressing it, but I think Alps' view is justified, and I'm pretty sure - not that it will allay his fears - that this will be the club's attitude.

There might be a couple of weeks left until the window closes, but I don't think they will hang around too long for van Dyke or Celtic. I'd like to think they have other targets they can move on to quickly.

You told everyone who would listen for a good 2-3 years we were going to build a 60,000 seater stadium...

You must be the forum champion of making up bull****, because I said no such thing. Under Cortese it did look like the club was considering ground improvements, with him commissioning designs from an architect firm to expand and develop St Mary's. As Cortese has now left things have changed and we are now more aware that the situation between Liebherr and Cortese possibly wouldn't have resulted in the funding for such a project.

Edited by Matthew Le God

You must be the forum champion of making up bull****, because I said no such thing. Under Cortese it did look like the club was considering ground improvements, with him commissioning designs from an architect firm to expand and develop St Mary's. As Cortese has now left things have changed and we are now more aware that the situation between Liebherr and Cortese possibly wouldn't have resulted in the funding for such a project.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37346-St-Mary-s-What-we-might-expect-to-see-happen-(and-possibly-announced-soon)

latest?cb=20090713110933

Yet again proving you can't comprehend English...

The thread title is... St Mary's - What we might expect to see happen (and possibly announced soon)...

Do you not understand how "might" and "possibly" are caveats and are not definitive?

Plus as I said in the post before yours...

Under Cortese it did look like the club was considering ground improvements, with him commissioning designs from an architect firm to expand and develop St Mary's. As Cortese has now left things have changed and we are now more aware that the situation between Liebherr and Cortese possibly wouldn't have resulted in the funding for such a project.
Edited by Matthew Le God

I think the management should employ you to sit in on there meetings, you know... to put them right here and there. I cant help thinking where we could be if only they had you putting them right, putting steel in there spines and stuff.

Yet again proving you can't comprehend English...

Do you not understand how "might" and "possibly" are caveats and are not definitive?

Plus as I said in the post before yours...

I expect Southampton to announce either an expansion of St Mary's or a relocation to a new stadium relatively soon.

latest?cb=20090713110933

MLG you were pretty hilarious with your stadium expansion hard on. You were telling anyone who'd listen on a few forums that Saints had CL ambitions and we were planning a 60,000 seater stadium etc etc :lol:

It wasn't a hard on, it was a semi. Get your facts right.

ffs there aren't enough McInnes' in the world for you!

:mcinnes: :mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

Four will have to suffice for now.

"Lets move on to other targets and get our defence settled. This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing."

There, Alps posted a caveat as well, please tell me how this is different from your jumping to conclusions?

"Lets move on to other targets and get our defence settled. This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing."

There, Alps posted a caveat as well, please tell me how this is different from your jumping to conclusions?

He put no caveat on it being "pussy-footing and p*ssing about", he was definitive about that bit and that is the jumping to conclusions I was referring to. The caveat he used is that the "pussy-footing and p*ssing about" that he has taken to be the case "could still" lead to nothing.

He put no caveat on it being "pussy-footing and p*ssing about", he was definitive about that bit and is the jumping to conclusions I was referring to. The caveat he used is that the "pussy-footing and p*ssing about" that he has taken to be the case "could still" lead to nothing.

F**k me you're tedious.

and back to this image we go...

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

Can you not understand how what you say on this forum for the last 9 years is constantly jumping to negative conclusions you have no evidence for? When you get picked up on that you rinse and repeat.

Whilst that is true, it doesn't make you any less tedious or less guilty of rewriting history in a desperate but futile attempt not to be wrong.

F**k me you're tedious.

Sounds like you need to go on a self awareness course Alps! Do us all a favour will you please? Wait until the transfer window closes and if we haven't signed a CH that meets your exacting requirements, feel free to come on and say I told you so. Until then, can you give it a rest as it is tedious.

It appears you can't comprehend English either.

Of course......

I have the added bonus of reading your tripe on another forum though. You were even posting the expansion plans in the Celtic transfer thread when they were questioning why Wanyama would come to Southampton :lol:

If the club can reach a agreement with Celtic then Virgil is going to Southampton a 100%. Money isnt really a big factor for him, he had better offers before he went to Celtic but he wanted to make sure he would be playing every week. And im sure he still wants the guarantee, as far as that is possible in football, that he will be playing weekly. Virgil wants to break into the Dutch national team, thats his dream, and for that he needs to play every week on a high level.

Plus Ronald and Erwin Koeman know pretty much everything about Virgil cause their father Martin was one of the scouts that brought him to Groningen and with Tadic and Forster he has 2 old teammates in the current squad.

As long as the club really wants him, its pretty much written in the stars that he will come to Southampton and i have no doubt in my mind that he's going to be a world class defender in a few years.

I've been following Virgil for years now and that kid has everything you want. He only has one flaw, he gets sloppy/lazy and starts to slack when he senses he doesn't has to give a 100% on the pitch. Its what cost him a transfer to the top clubs in Holland (shame cause otherwise he probably would have 10+ caps for Holland already at this point). He's just one of those guys that needs a challenge and who needs to be pushed from time to time.

And haven't seen this come up yet here but since people love compilations, here's some Champions League highlights from him: https://vimeo.com/87620747

this is going the way of the Skacel thread in five years time we will be asking if he has signed yet.

another player who failed to deliver anywhere near the hype at the time, slightly better than gaston though

From that video' date=' I like the way he looks to attack the moment he wins the ball, rather than dump it off somewhere.[/quote']

Yeah. The other stand out feature is his physicality. He looks a fine athlete and powerful often brushing attackers off much like one would swat a fly with totally abandonment.