CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

I've been given the names of 4 mids, one of whom was the LCM we tried to sign around two weeks ago. But as of 23.41 last night, only VVD was anyway near 'Over the line'.

3/3 and out.

someone posted on the uglies a few days ago, that we would see 3 in/out.....unless that was you lol

out - Mayuka....

in - VvD, the young keeper.....

Thank you very much.

For the question of double deals.... No-one likes being announced as part of a package. If Saints do announce a second signing, I can't believe they will do it in a way which makes a player feel overshadowed on day one. But I've not heard that, that's personal feeling.

By the way, I can confirm KBSS has been promoted to Hyper ITK level access. Congrats KBSS! (not a joke).

Intriguing! - Will he still be posting?

Sky saying he stayed down here last night; but also said a summer of mostly players leaving; I make it Stek, CS, SC, CM, JC, new GK and JL in, and NC, MS, DO and EM out -so how does that add up?

I think you've been eating to much alphabeti spaghetti. Without at least some numbers in an equation it's difficult to add up letters, even with algebra.

Amy Lewis on Sky

'I understand that Southampton are hoping to announce VvD as there signing today'

FFS - well it's not going to be tomorrow is it?

I think they're making a point of not telling her anything

She is a terrible presenter.

"Here at Erm...St Mary's, I understand Southampton...errrrrrr...are hoping to errrrrr..announce VVD....erm...at some point today."

She is a terrible presenter.

"Here at Erm...St Mary's, I understand Southampton...errrrrrr...are hoping to errrrrr..announce VVD....erm...at some point today."

i personally like the way she looks like she keeps heading an invisible football while reporting

They'll be doing the video interview now I expect

"I'm very excited to be playing in the Premier League. Southampton is a big club with lots of history and a bright future." Stick a watch on his wrist, get him to sign a piece of paper, stick a shirt on him and photograh him standing in the Itchen stand.

Shouldn't take more than a few minutes!

The deal is done and dusted.

It was in the final process since yesterday. Concerned with the sell on % fee that Celtic have included.

Apparently some legs in the Lamela enquiry but I believe Saints have distance themselves to avoid Spurs mentioning any deal with Wanyama. ( I maybe completely wrong - this is from a Spurs supporting friend that works in the game.)

By the way, I can confirm KBSS has been promoted to Hyper ITK level access. Congrats KBSS! (not a joke).

I'm taking that as a bad sign for us and that our source is going to dry up with the innoculation of new responsibilities! Still, his posts, and yours Guan, have always been very much appreciated: often reassurance for the anxious hordes on here! (Now to go and peruse any new organnogram, new head cleaner, outsourced legal teams etc.. )

Still would love to know how they work out a players strength though seems like a rather odd category and quite hard to work out unless players want to put in a weight lifting session for the researcher.

Same as everything though, tackling, marking etc. All very difficult to judge. For instance, Gaston Ramirez is always too good on FM, as is JWP, he's had those wrong for a couple of seasons.

For the first time today my stats used on SSN...

CNz44DeWEAAzIWw.png:large

Pedant alert.

Those aren't statistics: they're numerical and graphical representations of a number of pre-determined categories used for the purposes of conveying vague information and to allow a degree of comparison between comparable units (mathematical representations of football players). There may be some form of statistical analysis behind them, but that form isn't.

Anyway, if those figures are what it takes to be both the best player in Scottish football and close to an international call-up, why are so many players with better figures still sh!t on FM? And what is the Norwich boss (who does a mean interview, I wonder if the club are watching him as a potential future coach/manager) doing there?

That's much more meaningful.

Same as everything though, tackling, marking etc. All very difficult to judge. For instance, Gaston Ramirez is always too good on FM, as is JWP, he's had those wrong for a couple of seasons.

I remember playing FIFA something a rather with my kid a couple of seasons back and he let me play saints no word of lie Rickie Lambert was like Usain bolt on speed out stripping defenders for pace if he was like that in real life he would have been world class.

The deal is done and dusted.

It was in the final process since yesterday. Concerned with the sell on % fee that Celtic have included.

Apparently some legs in the Lamela enquiry but I believe Saints have distance themselves to avoid Spurs mentioning any deal with Wanyama. ( I maybe completely wrong - this is from a Spurs supporting friend that works in the game.)

and I don't mean football

I don't mind a high percentage sell on clause in the deal, for two reasons:

1. If it is to be used then it means he has been a big hit.

2. In all recent transfers where a sell on clause has existed the selling club just increase the fee that needs to be paid because of it, rather than take the hit themselves (Liverpool with Sterling, for example), so I don't think it will mean Saints will miss out on much.

The only exception to this will be release clauses in the contract but I don't think Saints get involved in that sort of thing.

With regards to Sky Sports using football manager to rate our signings.

I would appreciate a comparison of the players Anticipation, jumping, concentration, pace and acceleration as these are also key statistics for any CB I may deem to sign. Height would also be a useful comparison. Honestly, even when they are doing no work these novices still get it wrong.

I also think they should give the potential ability rating of VVD so that I can more accurately gauge if he will develop into a better player than Jose is now.

Honestly, just completely useless reporting.

From FC Groningen's GM on Twitter...

jdnijland: Krijg zojuist een leuk berichtje van Ronald Koeman...

jdnijland: Get just a nice message from Ronald Koeman ...

jdnijland: Wij feliciteren Virgil van Dijk van harte met zijn overgang naar Southampton. Een zeer mooie en verdiende transfer!

jdnijland: Congratulations to Virgil van Dijk wholeheartedly with his transfer to Southampton. A very nice and deserved transfer!

jdnijland: Inmiddels een hoog FC Groningen-gehalte bij Southampton met de gebroeders Koeman, Tadic en nu ook Virgil van Dijk. Mooi!

jdnijland: Meanwhile a high level at Southampton FC Groningen with the brothers Koeman, Tadic and now Virgil van Dijk. Beautiful!