CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

have to hope he doesn't have a choice of us or everton.

Don't think Everton's an obvious choice there by any means. They're a bigger club but we've been better recently and have European football this year. He may also be attracted by Koeman.

Not sure I agree. Humanity denied vs value judgement of flawed humanity.

The language of genocide often seeks to dehumanise the victim (e.g. "vermin") just like you're doing with "it".

I'm not saying this makes you as bad as Hitler. I'd need to know a little more about you to make that assessment.

...and Godwin finally makes his debut on the thread.

I think we should just offer them £25m and be done with it, we can have him NOW NOW NOW then instead of having to wait two weeks.

We've got watford and norwich (plus the europa games) before the international break. Same thing happened last season with Toby, he didn't play til after the break.

My opinion is that this is done. Terms are agreed with Celtic, the player and he's passed his medical. We're are just waiting for another week or so before it can happen. It seems there are seemingly no other active links with other clubs because they know it's done with us.

My opinion is that this is done. Terms are agreed with Celtic, the player and he's passed his medical. We're are just waiting for another week or so before it can happen. It seems there are seemingly no other active links with other clubs because they know it's done with us.

This would be a very risky approach as VVD could get injured at any minute leaving us to need to properly "panic buy". Either Celtic have agreed to sell when other terms have agreed with the player and he signs when we want him to or they have not been agreed and we are already considering other choices such as the Napoli CB in case of injury to VVD and or agreement not reached.

Don't think Everton's an obvious choice there by any means. They're a bigger club but we've been better recently and have European football this year. He may also be attracted by Koeman.

Lets hope we've still got that to offer him by the time Celtic's fate in the CL is known.

As someone else said above, I expect we are exploring other options in case of an injury to VVD, or someone making a last minute 'better offer'.

The only actual fact I've seen so far is that we've had a bid turned down.

I wouldn't be suprised if it goes to deadline day, and we probably won't be the only club bidding by then.

Until I see anything more concrete, I'm still regarding this as a long shot.

Not really sure what "actual facts" you are expecting to see during a process like this.

Listening to a press bloke talking about transfers on the radio today . Right at the end they started speculating about players and john O shea's name came up . The guy said I've heard Everton are interested in him if Stones goes , he then said VVD would be a great buy for them but " everybody knows he's off to Southampton" . I know it's just one bloke , but he said in a real convincing matter of fact way. Not " I think Southampton are in prime position " or " I think he'll go to Southampton " but a very clear " everybody knows he's off to Southampton"

Listening to a press bloke talking about transfers on the radio today . Right at the end they started speculating about players and john O shea's name came up . The guy said I've heard Everton are interested in him if Stones goes , he then said VVD would be a great buy for them but " everybody knows he's off to Southampton" . I know it's just one bloke , but he said in a real convincing matter of fact way. Not " I think Southampton are in prime position " or " I think he'll go to Southampton " but a very clear " everybody knows he's off to Southampton"

If he goes at all...

Some chatter in Manchester about Jason Denayer potentially joining Everton on loan. Not sure if that is anything to do with John Stones leaving or if the interest is there regardless but Everton being linked with plenty of CB's other than VvD.

They are after a CB regardless of what happens with Stones. They will be after 2 if Stones goes.

If we replace Toby with a player from Brentford this place will implode!!

True. I remember Everton fans being bad with Moyes on Twitter when he spunked £3m on John Stones from bloody Barnsley.

More important how good the player is than where they come from, but clearly Van Dijk is our main target anyway.

Hopefully Celtic lose tonight.

Celtic Scout David Moss says VVD is set to be sold.

"In recent seasons we have done well working to this strategy with Fraser Forster, Victor Wanyama and Gary Hooper selling for £10m, £12m and £6m respectively. Virgil van Dijk will also probably be sold for in excess of these figures in the coming weeks.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/virgil-van-dijk-leave-celtic-6276138

The Times reporting that we're unwilling to increase offer to Celtic's demand of £12m, and that we're interested in Werder Bremen's Jannik Vestergaard.

And 'you know who' have him on their radar too apparently.... http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-spurs-target-werder-bremen-fullback-jannik-vestergaard-4091708

Premier League interest in Werder Bremen fullback Jannik Vestergaard is intensifying.

The Dane has been linked with Newcastle United this month, which prompted Werder chiefs to insist they're not planning to sell.

TMW says Southampton and Tottenham are also keen to tempt Vestergaard away from the Bundesliga.

Edited by trousers

I would venture to suggest that as we seem to think we are still well short of quality we are playing a very strange open form of football with too many attacking players and no midfield.

If we are in such dire need why are we not thinking very hard about team selection and tactics which enable us to be tighter as a team! My concern at the moment is management/coaching decisions which are wide of the mark.... We are not employing a possession strategy with wide open spaces and no cover for the full backs?

This is a much higher priority than new players; though yes some are not good enough...

Blah blah, look this Virgil deal is wrapped up so relax and enjoy the next week of gossip from the press.

I just hope we can bring this winger in and IMHO it will be a current premiership player who can't force his way in the team.

That may suggest Townsend, always been talk of our interest.

Blah blah, look this Virgil deal is wrapped up so relax and enjoy the next week of gossip from the press.

I just hope we can bring this winger in and IMHO it will be a current premiership player who can't force his way in the team.

Moses.

is that anything ITK regarding the VvD deal?

and this winger?