Eljero Elia coming back?

marc_saint

Dutch site voetbalzone.nl just reports today that Elia's German club Werder Bremen has not been contacted by SFC about Elia. He has to train apart from the team and is up for sale with one year left of his contract.

Sunderland maybe. **** Advocaat surely knows Elia.

Not matter what you feel about Elia, there's no need for the insults towards Advocaat. He has always seemed a man of honour to me. But then again, that's just typical of this forum, always ready to be nasty, regardless of whether it's justified or not. I just hope he hasn't read this thread.

Not matter what you feel about Elia, there's no need for the insults towards Advocaat. He has always seemed a man of honour to me. But then again, that's just typical of this forum, always ready to be nasty, regardless of whether it's justified or not. I just hope he hasn't read this thread.

Irony I suppose. If not ****=dîck

I recall that Koeman was quite taken aback when he heard than former World Cup player Elia was available and raved about how good he was.

Now that we have signed Clasie, it may make Elia's return a bit smoother and not ruffle too many feathers with the fans.

I'm sure that no-one sees him as a first team regular, but his experience may be very useful.

TRUE - he didn't set the world alight on his loan period, but that came at a time when we had 4-5 injuries and with no-one able to score goals, everyone looked ordinary.

IF..he's returning to SMS, the investment may be minimal compared with a" big-money " signing, and who knows? - given time - he may surprise everyone.

:toppa:

Must be on a free. How many squad players do we need?

Every time we bring another 'filler' in, it pushes back the opportunity for one of the kids.

And Koeman was supposed to be pro youth! Sadly, it seems less like happening, perhaps there aren't any consider good enough.

Seems unlikely given that her first post says 'Southampton' underneath 'Moved to England'.

Could just be based on current location though as assume they have some place to stay in Soton which could be an interim measure if he was looking to get sorted with an English club.

If they have already moved back then a move somewhere must be pretty imminent though, and Saints the most likely by far.

Wouldnt be too bad as a squad player, loads of attacking depth then.

Seems unlikely given that her first post says 'Southampton' underneath 'Moved to England'.

Another Premier league club are less than 40 miles away.

If he has returned to Saints then I think that's a good decision, good player.

Another Premier league club are less than 40 miles away.

If he has returned to Saints then I think that's a good decision, good player.

This, I don't think he's a world beater but I think he's a decent player and more decent than he has shown so far. Not all players hit the ground running, when they come to the PL, after all, it took half a season for people to decide the Mane is not actually sh!t and may just be a reasonable player.

Can't wait to read some posters reactions on here if we sign the names i have been told. My own opinion is i think they will be good additions.

This was K,Billy's cryptic comment before Clasie signed, on the main HCDAJFU thread. I wonder if he was alluding to Elia amongst the potential signings? I assumed he meant Vlaar, as his potential signing would be negatively received by most, but maybe it's Elia?

FWIW, I think he'd be a good addition particular if he gets (the rest of) a good pre season with us as it must be hard to join midway through a season on a temporary deal and hit the ground running. There will be plenty of games if we make it to the Europa League group stage and he could be a good one to have around, with the ability to do something a little bit different.

I believe he struggled with injuries. It is entirely feasible that he is still a talented player who just struggled to get up to.speed and fully match fit / sharp...

It is, but then you would really want him to start with the squad in pre season.

If we get him I would imagine its because Bremen have reduced their price as they just want to get shot of his wages and yet still wanted €5m.

Wasn't particularly impressed by him during his loan spell. Is this sort of arrival going to block opportunities out wide for the likes of Mcqueen/Isgrove/Gallagher?

I guess if Gaston is about to be shipped out again(which would be a tad disappointing) then it may make more sense. I still think there's a very good reason he's going to be available so cheap, and i'd be very put off by his rather dubious history as i would a 2nd hand car.

Wasn't particularly impressed by him during his loan spell. Is this sort of arrival going to block opportunities out wide for the likes of Mcqueen/Isgrove/Gallagher?

I guess if Gaston is about to be shipped out again(which would be a tad disappointing) then it may make more sense. I still think there's a very good reason he's going to be available so cheap, and i'd be very put off by his rather dubious history as i would a 2nd hand car.

Of course it is. We wouldn't be getting in an player that was worse than other options available.

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

This is my thoughts. Seeing as one of our strengths is bringing youth through, I'd rather see the money put towards more important areas and give the likes of McQueen, Isgrove and Hesketh games.

I think he showed a few things that given a pre-season he could be a useful squad player for us. The Newcastle game where he was deployed as a second striker paid dividends.

If he is not too expensive I think he'd be a solid addition.