SaintsTicket Office and Website

Seaford Saint

Booked my tickets for Vitesse at home...after a 25 minute time elapse to even start to use the website I found I could not book my favourite seat no matter how I tried....(hopefully this will mean something to the ticket office). In the end I bought 2 different seats for my son and I. So I logged on after another 15 minute time elapse wait to find I could book my favourite seats (our normal season ticket seats)....

I thought I would call the ticket office and explain the same to them but I gave up up waiting after 10 minutes

We are premier league and this is not good enough.

When exactly are the Vitesse away tickets going on sale? Saints website says soon....well, how soon?

Booked my tickets for Vitesse at home...after a 25 minute time elapse to even start to use the website I found I could not book my favourite seat no matter how I tried....(hopefully this will mean something to the ticket office). In the end I bought 2 different seats for my son and I. So I logged on after another 15 minute time elapse wait to find I could book my favourite seats (our normal season ticket seats)....

I thought I would call the ticket office and explain the same to them but I gave up up waiting after 10 minutes

When exactly are the Vitesse away tickets going on sale? Saints website says soon....well, how soon?

When there's something sorted with Vitesse, I suppose. Are they better to admit that it'll be 'soon' but they don't know when, or lie to people and pretend they know a date?

Sounds like you were not logged in the first time when browsing. If you log in first before attempting to buy, your season ticket seats are automatically added to your basket.

Yes I was logged on both times and you are right logging in brings up the favourite seats by default

Sounds like you were not logged in the first time when browsing. If you log in first before attempting to buy, your season ticket seats are automatically added to your basket.

Having read your message again....I had been on the website for a while and tried to book tickets before logging on, but I was logged on and trying to buy tickets without success.....never mind I have seats....

I've been trying to use the telephone booking line. 10mins of muzak, then a recorded message saying all operators busy and it cuts you off. That's happened to me twice. I think demand for tickets must be pretty high, so am pleasantly surprised that the prices are low.

Why do people that have tickets already reserved for them all pile in within minutes of availability and causing the system to jam ?

I just logged in with no waiting time and got my tickets !

Did you pay the £1 booking fee mate? DISGRACE!

This wasn't charged when we were in the 1969/70 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. They're having you for a MUG!

I bet they plan to charge any prestigious and lucrative European home matches as Category A - just you watch - and this didn't happen last year. Scandalous.

Why do people that have tickets already reserved for them all pile in within minutes of availability and causing the system to jam ?

Strange, as I logged in at the same time as you claimed and there was a 4 minute wait. It's down to 2 now.

I had all kinds of weirdness with my basket though, it offered me a random seat in the Itchen, probably because my mate had already bought mine for me.

This wasn't charged when we were in the 1969/70 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. They're having you for a MUG!

I bet they plan to charge any prestigious and lucrative European home matches as Category A - just you watch - and this didn't happen last year. Scandalous.

That is bloody funny. :D

What time do we think Kick Off will be? 20:05? If it's any earlier than about 7 I'll struggle to make it and don't want to buy a ticket only to find out that I can't go

i do think it is strange that kick off times have not been confirmed for either leg, it could make a big difference for some people getting trains home, i assume they are waiting to see if the game is covered by a tv company and when they want us to play, but the club should really push for a decision on this today

I've been trying to use the telephone booking line. 10mins of muzak, then a recorded message saying all operators busy and it cuts you off. That's happened to me twice. I think demand for tickets must be pretty high, so am pleasantly surprised that the prices are low.

They announced the prices before the draw was made, when there was still a decent chance of us drawing so no-marks from Albania or Armenia. Personally I thought we'd sell a pile even at £30 for the first European match in 12 years, but we won't know now.

My experience today.....

Went on line and was told that the wait was 30 minutes. Closed and took the dogs for a long walk. Came back and the wait was 3 minutes. Booked and confirmed the ST seats very easily. All done.

Then rang up the Ticket Office to change the status of the STs from over-65 as I look after them (and pay for them - sometimes!) for my old man who now has Alzheimer's. Changed to Adult without any fuss - esp as in Kingsland Premium there is no difference in price for STs but are for cup games.

So experience with the Ticket office today has been 1st class. Not surprised there was a long wait online as soon as tickets go on sale, so can't complain about that.

I was not aware that that was the case.....I also expected to be able to buy tickets for the away game.

First time i've ever had problems getting tickets this morning since the 'new' booking site.

After waiting 20 minutes, I got in, logged in, it then made me queue again, waited another 20 mins, logged in, got the tickets I wanted to buy, and then pressed update basket, and it picked a ticket for every single link I have on my account, (about 10 tickets), finally got rid of the ones I didn't want, and went back to my basket and then the website came back with a downtime error. Refreshed and put me back to the login queue, with a 45 min queue time. by this point I just decided to call the ticket office and with no hassle I bought them over the phone - a right pain in the arse. Should definitely stagger the seats, did STH even have a chance of buying their own seat?

First time i've ever had problems getting tickets this morning since the 'new' booking site.

After waiting 20 minutes, I got in, logged in, it then made me queue again, waited another 20 mins, logged in, got the tickets I wanted to buy, and then pressed update basket, and it picked a ticket for every single link I have on my account, (about 10 tickets), finally got rid of the ones I didn't want, and went back to my basket and then the website came back with a downtime error. Refreshed and put me back to the login queue, with a 45 min queue time. by this point I just decided to call the ticket office and with no hassle I bought them over the phone - a right pain in the arse. Should definitely stagger the seats, did STH even have a chance of buying their own seat?

By most accounts on here, STH had their seats allocated into their basket for them. Unless someone else on your Friends list had already got them for you, in which case it tried to line you up in a random seat.

Not much point logging on at peak times when you already have a seat allocated until Thursday.

I went to the Ticket Office at 10.00 hrs today

Longest ticket queue at St Marys I have been in which bodes well for ticket sales

However the message board outside the ticket office has incorrect info on the KO and date of the Everton and Newcastle games

How are we 23 posts in and the picture has not been posted yet?

I went to the Ticket Office at 10.00 hrs today

Longest ticket queue at St Marys I have been in which bodes well for ticket sales

However the message board outside the ticket office has incorrect info on the KO and date of the Everton and Newcastle games

I went there at 12:17 and queued for 45minutes to get mine. The lady in front said that she had tried to buy her ST online but no success. I don't understand why they don't have scanners at the ticket desks that can read the ST card, it would save the typing. Apparently I got my normal two seats for Vitesse.

Can a ST holder get a ticket other than his/her ST seat or do you have to get that specific one?

"2015/16 Season Ticket holders have their usual seats reserved for the Vitesse clash until general sale begins at 9am on Thursday. However, for the Espanyol game, no seats will be held back due to the Kingsland Stand being closed.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150720-vitesse-espanyol-tickets-on-sale-now-2557437.aspx#uir0UgZRqK8QXoS5.99"

It doesn't say ST holders HAVE to buy their own seats for Vitesse, but the only ones they will be able to buy prior to Thursday are the ones which aren't other ST holders' seats. For Espanyol it's unreserved.

Can a ST holder get a ticket other than his/her ST seat or do you have to get that specific one?

Nah, you can use your ST account to buy anywhere.

For example, the seats next to where my ST is allocated weren't free so I bought for myself and my girlfriend (who has membership) elsewhere in the same block. My ST seat still seems to show as reserved so I assume that means it'll be released for allocation from Thursday.

In my hurry to book them before work, I did manage to book her an under-11 ticket somehow so that'll be a call or email to the ticket office to sort, haha.

Edited by ant

Nah, you can use your ST account to buy anywhere.

For example, the seats next to where my ST is allocated weren't free so I bought for myself and my girlfriend (who has membership) elsewhere in the same block. My ST seat still seems to show as reserved so I assume that means it'll be released for allocation from Thursday.

In my hurry to book them before work, I did manage to book her an under-11 ticket somehow so that'll be a call or email to the ticket office to sort, haha.

Or a call from the police?

Premium seats are not available, highest cost season ticket holder can't reserve his seat. Phoned the ticket enquiry number and got cut off within a minute with a recorded message to try later.

I had another question for them, my new ticket states use turnstile A which means having to push past a whole line of people but I have used turnstile B for years and sit on the end of a row. I wanted to know whether my ticket will be rejected if I continue to use B, will find out I suppose at the first match.

Went down and got mine and tickets for two mate today there were people asking if they could buy extra tickets for friends or family the ticket office staff were signing up people as members on the spot so they could sell them another ticket.

typical response from a happy clapper modern day football fan

Went down and got mine and tickets for two mate today there were people asking if they could buy extra tickets for friends or family the ticket office staff were signing up people as members on the spot so they could sell them another ticket.

I did that for two mates today. They better pay me back!

I have two questions: firstly, will there be any tickets left come Thursday morning? (General sale) and secondly, what's the best way to book if there are (bearing in mind going to the ticket office is a bit of a pickle for me) ... Cheers

I have two questions: firstly, will there be any tickets left come Thursday morning? (General sale) and secondly, what's the best way to book if there are (bearing in mind going to the ticket office is a bit of a pickle for me) ... Cheers

Do it online. Not sure exactly when on Thursday they go to general sale but try from early morning.

Just logged on to get Newcastle tickets as well as Vitesse - no waiting at all - but got a real shock as it looks as if Newcastle is almost sold out (although that might just be me not looking closely enough at the dots on the selectaseat page)

There's loads in block L7M. L7L mostly sold out.

Website is still poor. Just getting in a loop of adding to basket, then saying logged out, log in add to basket and then saying I have been logged out.

lucky they have a captive audience as they would be fcked if they were competing with rivals for people's business with such a poor user experience

I had problems yesterday. I easily purchased two tickets in correct ST seats for the Vitesse game but struggled with the Espanyol game trying to book the same seats. It would not allow me to buy my favourite seat but allowed the seat two along and the one next to me so I put in for three tickets which then brought up my seat. I then cancelled the seat I didn't want and completed the purchase of the two correct seats.

Pricewise it recognised the double booking and applied the discount for buying both games together.

I still haven't got a favourite seat into the 2nd year of using the system, because as a ST holder the only time I ever want to buy a match ticket is for someone else, and my seat is already allocated to me so I can't select it anyway.

I was away for the FA Cup tie last season, the previous occasion I had to move from my seat (may have predated the favourite seat option anyway), and if ever there's a league cup tie we get a group booking somewhere different.

Not that I'm particularly bothered.

Went to the ticket office this morning and bought mine and my son's ST seats for the VA match. Wanted to buy a ticket for my daughter too, but she doesn't have a ST, so would either have to buy her a membership for £15, or wait until Thursday. Didn't bother, as unlikely that she would be going to many other matches.

What did give me a pleasant surprise, was that they had erected queueing barriers, which is a much fairer system than having 7 or 8 queues and sod's law dictating that you would join what appeared to be the shortest queue, only to find that you were behind the guy that had a fist full of STs for all his mates and family or wished to apply for multiple STS.

Another surprise is that instead of issuing actual tickets, I was informed that they had been electronically added to our STs. I hope that works OK, as there is a bit more confidence in actually having a ticket in your hand. What happens if the electronic reading of the ST has not included the match?

What happens if the electronic reading of the ST has not included the match?

Your lookout to make sure it is in your online purchases first. They've been doing the card-loading for a couple of years, haven't heard of any problems yet. Print at home tickets was the most recent innovation, and even that's been around for a year already.

Not sure why the barriers would make any difference, people used to form one queue and go to whichever window was vacated whenever I was there.

Went to the ticket office this morning and bought mine and my son's ST seats for the VA match. Wanted to buy a ticket for my daughter too, but she doesn't have a ST, so would either have to buy her a membership for £15, or wait until Thursday. Didn't bother, as unlikely that she would be going to many other matches.

What did give me a pleasant surprise, was that they had erected queueing barriers, which is a much fairer system than having 7 or 8 queues and sod's law dictating that you would join what appeared to be the shortest queue, only to find that you were behind the guy that had a fist full of STs for all his mates and family or wished to apply for multiple STS.

Another surprise is that instead of issuing actual tickets, I was informed that they had been electronically added to our STs. I hope that works OK, as there is a bit more confidence in actually having a ticket in your hand. What happens if the electronic reading of the ST has not included the match?

Never had a problem with additional games being added to my ST on other occasions Wes.