Will the vitesse game sell out?

Roger

I don't think it'll sell out because Vitesse won't sell out the away end and we'll probably also have a load of empties in Block 43 due to our occasional fans being put off by it being a Thursday night.

£15 for our first European game in 12 years. You'd think so.

FWIW I booked my ticket today and there was limited availability in the Northam. Only about 3 seats in block 42 when I looked.

But doesn't that assume that all ST holders in the Northam buy their seats, rather than represent what's actually been sold? Seats allocated to ST holders would presumably not show up as available until the window ends for ST holders to buy their seats (?).

But doesn't that assume that all ST holders in the Northam buy their seats, rather than represent what's actually been sold? Seats allocated to ST holders would presumably not show up as available until the window ends for ST holders to buy their seats (?).

Yes, but the amount of season ticket holders who can't make the game will be tiny.

Yes, but the amount of season ticket holders who can't make the game will be tiny.

well 11000 sold to both ST holders and members, out of about 23 k total ST holders and Members in the first two days suggests that quite a large number of ST holders won't be there.

What number would you consider a sellout? The problem with the current system is that there will be a lot of isolated single seats left which are much more difficult to sell. I think a percentage is more significant.
Anything over 28k would be decent but I reckon it'll be more like 23k.

well 11000 sold to both ST holders and members, out of about 23 k total ST holders and Members in the first two days suggests that quite a large number of ST holders won't be there.

It's one per customer number, so it's likely many people are just waiting till General to buy their tickets along with other non memebers or season ticket holders

£15 for our first European game in 12 years. You'd think so.

FWIW I booked my ticket today and there was limited availability in the Northam. Only about 3 seats in block 42 when I looked.

Block 43 has 'very good' availablity and 44 'Good' Availablity. That's where the stingy buggers like me without a membership will be when it goes to general sale. I think it will be near sell out due to prices and stingy buggers like me waiting for general sale.

Edited by Saint IQ

I reckon there'll be about 25,000 there on the night. I don't see us having a sell-out until the United game on Sep 20.

We should be looking at a figure around the 28-30k mark due to the prices and general 'feel good' factor atm (and that from me a glass half empty merchant

West Ham sold out for both their prelim games

I would predict a decent sized walk up. Don't think it will sell our though. Europa League qualifying rounds don't excite the Sky Sport football fan generation.

I'm surprised Saints don't do more advertising around the city regarding tickets/games that are less likely to sell out. When I'm in London I see it all the time for the likes of West Ham, Palace etc. Not everyone has Twitter and Facebook despite what they might think.

It's one per customer number, so it's likely many people are just waiting till General to buy their tickets along with other non memebers or season ticket holders

Exactly. I'd like to take a friend and obviously sit with them (!) so am waiting for general sale.

This:

My nipper & his band of pre uni time wasters are waiting until Thursday, there's nearly 20 of them, a mixture of STHs, members & non members. Pleased they won't be sat near me though :-)

This might sound stupid but are they likely, or able to, change the time once they have sold tickets for the game?

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Page 23:

22.01 As a rule, matches in the UEFA Europa League kick off at 19.00CET or 21.05CET.

The UEFA administration sets the kick-off times on the basis of the draw.

Exceptions to this rule can be made by the UEFA administration.

CET is of course one hour ahead of us.

'As a rule' could mean anything but seems pretty definite.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Page 23:

22.01 As a rule, matches in the UEFA Europa League kick off at 19.00CET or 21.05CET.

Thanks! So we can make the assumption it will stick at 20.05 unless there is a very good reason to change it.

Page 23:

I think the earlier kick off times are for the eastern European time zones. As UK, Ireland, Iceland and Portugal have the latest European time zone, it's always likely to be the later of the times (tv scheduling pending).

How is that general sale? Surely general sale would be open to anyone?

The way I read it is that you can buy more than one ticket, but if you want it recorded on your purchase history make sure you give them your customer number

So we have gone to worrying about players leaving and not buying a replacement for Toby yet to worrying about if we will sell out in a Europa qualifier. What next? Should we worry about the weather forecast for the game?

Is it not a question rather than a worry?

To see a worry element to it suggests you were worrying about the thread, which is worse than writing it.

Is it not a question rather than a worry?

To see a worry element to it suggests you were worrying about the thread, which is worse than writing it.

Okay, but it is a strange question don't you think? Really, when you woke up this morning did you ask yourself, I wonder if we will sell out against Vitesse? I didn't. I asked myself cereals or toast? I wasnt worried before, but now I know these things are an issue, I find myself worrying if we will sell our away allocation against Norwich this season. What do you think?

Disgusting comment was a bit rash, you can buy as many tickets as you like but need to have a name an address for the people your buying for. They will then set up the customer number.

Still not as easy as it use to be.

Anybody else stuck buying tickets? It keeps saying I need to be a member or a ST holder, I thought this was the general sale?

I'm in a queue to buy tickets for half my office, hoping that it really is "general sale" and I don't need sodding customer numbers for everyone who is just coming along for a crack.

Over half the stadium is free. Seriously don't worry. You can login tonight and still get a ticket.

Thanks! With the long queue I assumed the tickets would be flying like hot cakes, also, according to the source of knowledge that is twitter, I am far from alone in having an issue with the ticketing site.