All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Too little, too pointless, too late. The whole thing feels self-defeating because if nothing else it gives the Cretin and his supporters a ready made excuse when they don't win the next election.

First past the post makes it all utterly futile, and quite frankly I despair of it all.

But the argument was always that he couldn't lead the Labour Party as he was too left wing, and he's unelectable to the voter. This only compounds those points.

I’ve just watched Politics Live on catch up and one of them was on. She claims she doesn’t need to go back to her constituents because “they write to me”, so she knows their thoughts, and she also told people on the doorstep “don’t worry Corbyn won’t win”. Deeply deeply unimpressive women, not really in the Shirley Williams mould.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just watched Politics Live on catch up and one of them was on. She claims she doesn’t need to go back to her constituents because “they write to me”, so she knows their thoughts, and she also told people on the doorstep “don’t worry Corbyn won’t win”. Deeply deeply unimpressive women, not really in the Shirley Williams mould.

They are a B-list bunch of nobodies really. I'm a Blairite but even I don't think much of Chukka who is utterly without charm.

Very difficult to see anything coming of this, except it might give me someone else to vote for on the "anyone but Corbyn's Labour or the Tories" on my ballot paper next election time.

They are a B-list bunch of nobodies really. I'm a Blairite but even I don't think much of Chukka who is utterly without charm.

Very difficult to see anything coming of this, except it might give me someone else to vote for on the "anyone but Corbyn's Labour or the Tories" on my ballot paper next election time.

I think there is room opening up for a more centralist party. I've voted Tory most of my life, I also voted remain, I can't in good conscience vote for the current Tory party and I'd rather eat my own gonads than vote for Corbyn and his cronies. Seems to me there might quite a few others like me wondering what we are going to do with our vote in the next GE. If someone gives me a viable alternative to the two main parties they'll most likely get my vote that might be a resurgent Lib Dems or a new group.

I think there is room opening up for a more centralist party. I've voted Tory most of my life, I also voted remain, I can't in good conscience vote for the current Tory party and I'd rather eat my own gonads than vote for Corbyn and his cronies. Seems to me there might quite a few others like me wondering what we are going to do with our vote in the next GE. If someone gives me a viable alternative to the two main parties they'll most likely get my vote that might be a resurgent Lib Dems or a new group.
I agree. The problem is I can't see this lot coming up with much at the moment that inspires me to vote for them.

Jenkins, Williams & Owen were probably in the top 10 recognisable politicians at the time. They’d been home sec, foreign sec, chancellor, president of the European Commission, education sec, paymaster general, health sec, between them. They were seriously big beasts. Even Rodgers had been defence sec. These chumps are no marks and they’ve managed to portray themselves as chancers. I think they’ve made a serious miscalculation and this is going to just fizzle out imo.

Jenkins, Williams & Owen were probably in the top 10 recognisable politicians at the time. They’d been home sec, foreign sec, chancellor, president of the European Commission, education sec, paymaster general, health sec, between them. They were seriously big beasts. Even Rodgers had been defence sec. These chumps are no marks and they’ve managed to portray themselves as chancers. I think they’ve made a serious miscalculation and this is going to just fizzle out imo.

The seven are just trying to start a new movement so yes you are right it may well fizzle out but Corbyn is extremely unlikely to get elected and a Boris led Tory party would probably not be that popular with a large numbers of the electorate and to quite a few Tory MPs so there is a need probably for a more centre option I think there was a Poll recently which suggested that over 50% of the electorate may be interested in a Centre Political Party.

Yes they have left Labour to start building alliances to see if there is a way forward there is no suggestion that any of the seven are going to be the leader of a new Party for the reason CBF says

So interesting times

Here's a tweet for Jonnyboy and Bexy to rub one out to:

Scumbags of the world unite on planet Corbyn.

I don't know much about this guy but overspending your council budget and hating Thatcher is much worse than your Messiah's murder of hundreds of thousands.

I assume Chuka and co will put themselves to the mercy of a ‘people’s vote’ in their local constituencies?

After all, people thought they were voting for a Labour MP, now it is something else

The people obviously didn’t know what they were voting for!

Or, seeing as Chuka and co could not reform the organisation from within, were they right to ‘leave’?

Curious to what Johnnyboy and Bexy think of today’s news?

Pretty 'Meh' to it to be honest. It's hardly surprising. Not really had much of a chance to watch/read all about it yet but I caught the headlines yesterday.

Reading through the comments on here I've actually found myself in general agreement with most of them.

While I have a modicum of respect for Corbyn and his policies, it's obvious he's not a leader and he has too much baggage to ever be electable. He is really no more than an activist and a decent campaigner who never expected to be catapulted to the leadership. He has never been able to unite the party during a time when pretty much anybody else would have been able to wipe the floor with the hopeless May and her pathetic excuse for a government.

I think Labour needs to split really. There are two opposing camps within it that will never be able to reconcile their differences. But the problem, as so many have already pointed out, is that all the time we still have the FPTP system, each faction will be too scared of ever going it alone because they would undoubtedly get obliterated at a GE.

Our entire political system is broken beyond repair, and it's high time we had a drastic modernisation of it all.

Pretty 'Meh' to it to be honest. It's hardly surprising. Not really had much of a chance to watch/read all about it yet but I caught the headlines yesterday.

Reading through the comments on here I've actually found myself in general agreement with most of them.

While I have a modicum of respect for Corbyn and his policies, it's obvious he's not a leader and he has too much baggage to ever be electable. He is really no more than an activist and a decent campaigner who never expected to be catapulted to the leadership. He has never been able to unite the party during a time when pretty much anybody else would have been able to wipe the floor with the hopeless May and her pathetic excuse for a government.

I think Labour needs to split really. There are two opposing camps within it that will never be able to reconcile their differences. But the problem, as so many have already pointed out, is that all the time we still have the FPTP system, each faction will be too scared of ever going it alone because they would undoubtedly get obliterated at a GE.

Our entire political system is broken beyond repair, and it's high time we had a drastic modernisation of it all.

That's a good summation tbh.

The seven are just trying to start a new movement so yes you are right it may well fizzle out but Corbyn is extremely unlikely to get elected and a Boris led Tory party would probably not be that popular with a large numbers of the electorate and to quite a few Tory MPs so there is a need probably for a more centre option I think there was a Poll recently which suggested that over 50% of the electorate may be interested in a Centre Political Party.

Yes they have left Labour to start building alliances to see if there is a way forward there is no suggestion that any of the seven are going to be the leader of a new Party for the reason CBF says

So interesting times

We already have a centralist political party. It is a sign of the times though that they seem to have vanished when they really should be hoovering up votes. As with everything Brexit is casting its Nosferato like shadow over it. Every party is affected by the leave/stay factions. If one good thing comes out of Brexit it may be the realisation that our political system has to change. I won’t be holding my breath though. Clegg had a glorious opportunity to try and push through reforms but f cked it, and his Party up big time instead. As for this wussy independent group, they should all face a by election and let the people who originally voted for them have their say.

Don't believe this for a second but still pretty funny. One day in. LOLZ

There's a pretty big chunk of people out there I think who would give a non-Tory non-Cretin party a go.

Probably not enough to actually win a general election but enough to completely decimate Seamus Milne and Magic Grandad's little dream.

and another one quits

Joan Ryan: Labour MP resigns from party to join Independent Group, accusing Jeremy Corbyn of 'playing games with Brexit'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/joan-ryan-labour-mp-resigns-from-party-to-join-independent-group-accusing-jeremy-corbyn-of-playing-games-with-brexit/ar-BBTP4kN?ocid=spartandhp

A few more are rumoured too, plus some tories.

Once they grow, hopefully they'll put the focus more on their values as they relate to Britain and its politics. I'd much rather that than the current focus on "antisemitism" which is a word that has sadly become confused with having a negative view of the actions and policies of the Israeli government, rather than its actual meaning of having a negative view of Judaism and Jewish people.

A few more are rumoured too, plus some tories.

Once they grow, hopefully they'll put the focus more on their values as they relate to Britain and its politics. I'd much rather that than the current focus on "antisemitism" which is a word that has sadly become confused with having a negative view of the actions and policies of the Israeli government, rather than its actual meaning of having a negative view of Judaism and Jewish people.

Nail on head!

Won't that leave them with no absolute (theoretical) majority in case of another no confidence motion? Even with the DUP.

They’re careerists, they won’t vote down Government as it’ll mean losing their seats at GE. They vote against Tory manifesto commitments on Brexit anyway, so won’t make a blind bit of difference to that.

Wollaston and Allen aren’t Tories anyway, never have been. Soubry is on the pinko wing, but is within the Tory spectrum economically and socially, but Brexit has sent her bat **** crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The IG Gammon + Chucky showing real statesmanship as they take their new seats in the commons . They’ll have more white middle class pinkos sat with them next time. Looking forward to that selfie, hope Soubry stays sober.

When did Chuka become white? I hope someone has told him.

Twenty nine needed to be the third largest party to get into the money and PMQs.

An article I read yesterday said they hadn’t applied to the electoral commission, and until they do so, are not a political party. They are in effect a grouping (ala the ERG), so aren’t entitled to any benefits a political party receives (money, etc). The article suggested they haven’t done so to protect the sources of their funding (and they didn’t mean Israel). Whether that’s true or not, who knows. But until an application is approved by the commission, they’re not a party and will get **** all.

Don't believe this for a second but still pretty funny. One day in. LOLZ

There's a pretty big chunk of people out there I think who would give a non-Tory non-Cretin party a go.

Probably not enough to actually win a general election but enough to completely decimate Seamus Milne and Magic Grandad's little dream.

Put me down as an IG voter

I’ll support this lot, if only because their breakaway has at least added marginal interest to a desperately polarised political system.

Finally the middle ground emerges, let’s hope Blair jumps on the bandwagon.

Your wish maybe granted.

http:// https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/tony-blair-tipped-to-be-next-to-join-independent-group/20/02/

I don't know much about this guy but overspending your council budget and hating Thatcher is much worse than your Messiah's murder of hundreds of thousands.

Would not worry, he has been suspended again (already) so reports suggest.

Weird

Edited by Batman

Did you hear Soubry today praising austerity and calling the coalition “great”. Surprised you’d back someone like that

I liked the other one who said they had opportunity to fix and have made things worse. I’m easily pleased