All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

I'm not a fan of Corbyn at all but I despise media witch hunts even more.

What about Labour MP’s and ex MPs witch hunts? Because if it was just The Tory press you may have a point, it’s Labour supporters that are keeping the story running and running. They haven’t got the balls to leave the party, so are using this as a proxy war. Every single one of them knew about Corbyn’s past, his anti Semitic views & his dodgy friends when they campaigned for him to become PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about Labour MP’s and ex MPs witch hunts? Because if it was just The Tory press you may have a point, it’s Labour supporters that are keeping the story running and running. They haven’t got the balls to leave the party, so are using this as a proxy war. Every single one of them knew about Corbyn’s past, his anti Semitic views & his dodgy friends when they campaigned for him to become PM.

They are just as bad. Problem is Corbyn has enemies all over the place and tit suits them all to whip us this ridiculous hysteria.

They are just as bad. Problem is Corbyn has enemies all over the place and tit suits them all to whip us this ridiculous hysteria.

Just wondering when the legitimate concerns and anxieties of Jews at all the bile being launched at them by Corbyn cultists will factor into your 'ridiculous hysteria'?

Or are they all making it up in whatever world you live in?

Just wondering when the legitimate concerns and anxieties of Jews at all the bile being launched at them by Corbyn cultists will factor into your 'ridiculous hysteria'?

Or are they all making it up in whatever world you live in?

So you think if Israel commits acts identical to acts that were committed by the Nazis you think no one should be allowed to point that out?

Moses wept.

Here's what Norman Finkelstein, an American Jewish scholar who had everyone in his family, apart from his parents, exterminated in the Nazi holocaust has to say about the subject:

What about when people use Nazi analogies to criticise the policies of the State of Israel? Isn’t that also a political abuse of the Nazi holocaust?

It’s not a simple question. First, if you’re Jewish, the instinctive analogy to reach for, when it comes to hate or hunger, war or genocide, is the Nazi holocaust, because we see it as the ultimate horror. In my home growing up, whenever an incident involving racial discrimination or bigotry was in the news, my mother would compare it to her experience before or during the Nazi holocaust.

When she saw the segregation of African-Americans, whether at a lunch counter or in the school system, that was, for her, like the prologue to the Nazi holocaust. Whereas many Jews now say, Never compare (Elie Wiesel’s refrain, ‘It’s bad, but it’s not The Holocaust’), my mother’s credo was, Always compare. She gladly and generously made the imaginative leap to those who were suffering, wrapping and shielding them in the embrace of her own suffering.

For my mother, the Nazi holocaust was a chapter in the long history of the horror of war. It was not itself a war – she was emphatic that it was an extermination, not a war – but it was a unique chapter within the war. So for her, war was the ultimate horror. When she saw Vietnamese being bombed during the Vietnam War, it was the Nazi holocaust. It was the bombing, the death, the horror, the terror, that she herself had passed through. When she saw the distended bellies of starving children in Biafra, it was also the Nazi holocaust, because she remembered her own pangs of hunger in the Warsaw Ghetto.

If you’re Jewish, it’s just normal that the Nazi holocaust is a ubiquitous, instinctual touchstone. Some Jews say this or that horror is not the Nazi holocaust, others say it is. But the reference point of the Nazi holocaust is a constant.

What about when people who aren’t Jewish invoke the analogy?

Once the Nazi holocaust became the cultural referent, then, if you wanted to touch a nerve regarding Palestinian suffering, you had to make the analogy with the Nazis, because that was the only thing that resonated for Jews. If you compared the Palestinians to Native Americans, nobody would give a darn. In 1982, when I and a handful of other Jews took to the streets of New York to protest Israel’s invasion of Lebanon (up to 18,000 Lebanese and Palestinians were killed, overwhelmingly civilians), I held a sign saying, ‘This son of survivors of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, Auschwitz, Maijdenek will not be silent: Israeli Nazis – Stop the Holocaust in Lebanon!’. (After my mother died, I found a picture of me holding that sign in a drawer among her keepsakes). I remember, as the cars drove past, one of the guys protesting with me kept saying, ‘hold the sign higher!’ (And I kept replying, ‘easy for you to say!’).

If you invoked that analogy, it shook Jews, it jolted them enough, that at least you got their attention. I don’t think it’s necessary anymore, because Israel’s crimes against the Palestinians now have an integrity of their own. They no longer have to be juxtaposed to, or against, the Nazi holocaust. Today, the Nazi analogy is gratuitous and a distraction.

Is it antisemitic?

No, it’s just a weak historical analogy – but, if coming from a Jew, a generous moral one.

Here's how totally fu cked the British far left are. (And it hardly speaks that well of some British universities)...

Anyone who's read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipelago or One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich will have some idea of the sheer horror of the Soviet gulag system. As a means of brutal, de-humanising oppression, used especially against dissenters, it's unparalleled - reducing people to the non-living without (some of the time) actually killing them.

So here's an anonymous LGBTQ Twitter account at Goldsmith's London seriously telling us why gulags are actually a good thing for those - 'bigots' - who disagree with them (especially, I notice, a number of feminist academics who object to the bullying behaviour of some trans activists).

https://twitter.com/lgbtqgold/status/1039140880731521025

Are these people actually Corbynists? I don't know. I doubt they're Blairite Red Tories though. In any case, this is truly poisonous stuff, and on a par with Holocaust denial.

I do find it funny that the “moderates” seem to have a pick and mix approach to democratic votes. When they had no confidence in Corbyn he had to face another leadership election, mandatory reselection basically. But when their local activists have no confidence in them, Corbyn has to “call the dogs off”.

So we have scumbag hypocrites like LD all over every JC story, railing against the evils of antisemitism yet not a peep when the tories and kippers openly and enthusiastically align themselves with Orban.

Yep. Their silence over the matter, and that of the mainstream RW press in general, speaks volumes about their motivations.

In summary, Corbyn advised all his MEPs to vote with the EU in support of sanctions over Orban, which they did. The Tory MEPs who voted in support of him - the only governing party in the whole of the EU to do so - were whipped to vote that way, no doubt by the will of the PM herself. The Jewish BOD release a statement expressing their 'disappointment' that the Tories would openly support an actual, proven anti-semite, and what do we get from the media?...

200.gif

Yep. Their silence over the matter, and that of the mainstream RW press in general, speaks volumes about their motivations.

In summary, Corbyn advised all his MEPs to vote with the EU in support of sanctions over Orban, which they did. The Tory MEPs who voted in support of him - the only governing party in the whole of the EU to do so - were whipped to vote that way, no doubt by the will of the PM herself. The Jewish BOD release a statement expressing their 'disappointment' that the Tories would openly support an actual, proven anti-semite, and what do we get from the media?...

200.gif

I genuinely didn't realise Orban was a proven anti semite. Do you have some articles around that would show that? I'm not trolling, I just wasn't aware of that other than the fact that he has some serious beef with Soros.

I genuinely didn't realise Orban was a proven anti semite. Do you have some articles around that would show that? I'm not trolling, I just wasn't aware of that other than the fact that he has some serious beef with Soros.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-speech-hungarys-orban-attacks-enemy-who-speculates-with-money/

“We are fighting an enemy that is different from us. Not open, but hiding; not straightforward but crafty; not honest but base; not national but international; does not believe in working but speculates with money; does not have its own homeland but feels it owns the whole world,”

Given their recent track record, I think we all know just how much press coverage this would be getting if Jezza had given his support to someone who had made these comments.

Dm9hpqDX4AE3NRP.jpg:large

I wonder why there has been no march on the Tory HQ, and this hasn't been splashed all over the front page of the Daily Mail for 3 days running.

The double standards on display is nauseating. Anybody who has been relentlessly attacking Corbyn over AS but remains silent about this is nothing more than a vile hypocrite.

Dm9hpqDX4AE3NRP.jpg:large

I wonder why there has been no march on the Tory HQ, and this hasn't been splashed all over the front page of the Daily Mail for 3 days running.

The double standards on display is nauseating. Anybody who has been relentlessly attacking Corbyn over AS but remains silent about this is nothing more than a vile hypocrite.

Disliking Soros and his actions is not anti semitic. If he were hated because he was a jew then fair enough but that isn't generally what people have a problem with.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-speech-hungarys-orban-attacks-enemy-who-speculates-with-money/

Given their recent track record, I think we all know just how much press coverage this would be getting if Jezza had given his support to someone who had made these comments.

Do you have any other quotes from Soros that make him a proven anti semite? Or are you basing that assertion purely on that one quote?

Edit: I've just had a look at a few news articles and it seems Hungarian Jews are thriving and Orban seems to have a good relationship with the current Israeli regime. Pretty weird thing for an anti semite to be doing. Orban may be anti semitic but it doesn't appear as cut and dried and "proven" as you claimed.

Edited by hypochondriac

And Miklos Horthy was a fine fellow too.

#outofyourdepth

I don't claim to know an awful lot about Orban, what is clear though is that there are strong arguments from both sides on this issue and it's certainly not as proven as Bexy claimed it was. Orban himself would vehemently deny it for example just as corbyn would.

Disliking Soros and his actions is not anti semitic. If he were hated because he was a jew then fair enough but that isn't generally what people have a problem with.

And there we have it.

Replace 'Soros' with 'Israel' in that sentence, and you have basically just used exactly the same defence that Corbyn supporters have been trying to get across ever since this media storm erupted.

Edit: and BTW, that quote of Orban's wasn't aimed solely at Soros. So is anybody here going to try and concoct an argument that what he said isn't antisemitic?

Edited by Sheaf Saint

Marvellous state of global politics - a Nazi in the White House, an anti-Semitic Communist idiot as UK leader of the opposition with 500k Trots behind him, the centre right UK PM under threat from the UK far right hiding behind Brexit, and far right lunatics in Hungary and with their claws in Sweden, Austria and Germany. Putin seemingly with a hand in some of the above.

History shows that embracing the far right leads to communism through the back door long term.

And there we have it.

Replace 'Soros' with 'Israel' in that sentence, and you have basically just used exactly the same defence that Corbyn supporters have been trying to get across ever since this media storm erupted.

Edit: and BTW, that quote of Orban's wasn't aimed solely at Soros. So is anybody here going to try and concoct an argument that what he said isn't antisemitic?

There you have nothing. I've never once claimed that Corbyn was a proven anti semite and the parallels between Orban and corbyn in this instance were entirely obvious so let's not pretend you've somehow managed to see something that wasn't clear to everyone else. I have claimed that Corbyn has allowed anti semitic feeling to grow within the Labour Party and also that an argument could be made that he is anti semitic just as you could with Orban. If corbyn supporters have been trying to get that point across then they are more stupid than I thought since precisely nobody has tried to claim that being critical of Israel in isolation is the reason why he was being called anti semitic.

And I also never claimed that the quote above was solely about Soros. I assumed he was talking about globalists and what he sees as the erosion of nation states by powerful individuals like Soros if what was reported was accurate. I can absolutely see why he would be accused of anti semitism for a quote like that though in exactly the same way that I could see corbyn accused of the same thing for his words and actions. I'm not really sure how you can refer to Orban with such certainty as a "proven anti semite" and then not use the exact same logic to make the same claim about corbyn unless you have some sort of double standard.

It's not often that I agree with verbal but he at least poses some good points with his earlier post:

"It is not anti-Semitic to criticise the actions and policies of the Israeli government - especially with the vicious Netanyahu in power. It is anti-Semitic to question the 'Englishness' of a Jew or some Jews. That's what Corbyn did - which makes him a rather old fashioned, straight down-the-line anti-Semite. As the Tebbit Test is to Pakistanis, so Corbyn's Irony Test is to Jews."

Edited by hypochondriac

There you have nothing. I've never once claimed that Corbyn was a proven anti semite and the parallels between Orban and corbyn in this instance were entirely obvious so let's not pretend you've somehow managed to see something that wasn't clear to everyone else. I have claimed that Corbyn has allowed anti semitic feeling to grow within the Labour Party and also that an argument could be made that he is anti semitic just as you could with Orban. If corbyn supporters have been trying to get that point across then they are more stupid than I thought since precisely nobody has tried to claim that being critical of Israel in isolation is the reason why he was being called anti semitic.

And I also never claimed that the quote above was solely about Soros. I assumed he was talking about globalists and what he sees as the erosion of nation states by powerful individuals like Soros if what was reported was accurate. I can absolutely see why he would be accused of anti semitism for a quote like that though in exactly the same way that I could see corbyn accused of the same thing for his words and actions. I'm not really sure how you can refer to Orban with such certainty as a "proven anti semite" and then not use the exact same logic to make the same claim about corbyn unless you have some sort of double standard.

It's not often that I agree with verbal but he at least poses some good points with his earlier post:

"It is not anti-Semitic to criticise the actions and policies of the Israeli government - especially with the vicious Netanyahu in power. It is anti-Semitic to question the 'Englishness' of a Jew or some Jews. That's what Corbyn did - which makes him a rather old fashioned, straight down-the-line anti-Semite. As the Tebbit Test is to Pakistanis, so Corbyn's Irony Test is to Jews."

Except Corbyn was refering to a few hardcore Zionists in the room.

Would you accept the the media silence on Theresa May's friends is massive hypocrisy and shows a biased agenda?

Except Corbyn was refering to a few hardcore Zionists in the room.

Would you accept the the media silence on Theresa May's friends is massive hypocrisy and shows a biased agenda?

And he wasn't "questioning their Englishness". He was simply pointing out that a foreign diplomat showed a better sense of English irony than they did. Once again, it was a massive storm in a teacup that his critics jumped on but which proved nothing.

I have claimed that Corbyn has allowed anti semitic feeling to grow within the Labour Party and also that an argument could be made that he is anti semitic

This is what it is all about isn't it. You, along with just about every other person with a predisposition towards anti-Labour/anti-Corbyn have been trying as hard as you can to hammer home this point, but it simply doesn't reflect the facts, which are...

Instances of antisemitism in the Labour party have gone down since he became leader.

The amount of time taken to deal with complaints of antisemitism has reduced since he became leader.

Antisemitic views are still more prevalent in the Conservatives and other right wing parties than they are in Labour.

So despite all of the howling of the government and the mass media over recent months, I am still yet to see any convincing evidence which supports this claim. If you have some then please share it with us.

The fact that there has been near silence in the media about the Tories's support for Orban shows, without a shadow of a doubt, that the whole thing has been an agenda-driven side show rather than a genuine effort to combat antisemitism.

To further prove this point, you only have to look at the furore about Labour adopting all 11 of the IHRA definitions. Throughout the whole 'debate' (I use the word loosely in this context) in recent weeks/months, why has nobody at the BBC or any other media outlet highlighted the fact that the Tories haven't even adopted one of them?

So I repeat - if anybody who has been tirelessly hammering Corbyn over AS recently (as you have) can happily remain completely silent over it on the other side of the house and even try and defend it (as you have), then you don't really care about antisemitism at all and you are, in fact, just a c*nt who would happily use an issue like this as a political weapon.

The absolute f*cking state of this...

https://twitter.com/stephenpollard/status/1041072254929580041

Stephen Pollard - the editor of the Jewish Chronicle - displaying outright antisemitism in his desperate attempts to pin that label on Corbyn, and then crying that "He made me do it" when he is called out on it.

There can be no doubt now that Pollard has an agenda that goes much further than actually trying to combat antisemitism. He is clutching at straws in his desperate attempts to find AS where none exists, like a 17th-century witch hunt. Many people were warning that this campaign would only weaken the fight against genuine AS, and so it is proving to be the case. This is classic "boy who cried wolf" stuff.

The absolute f*cking state of this...

https://twitter.com/stephenpollard/status/1041072254929580041

Stephen Pollard - the editor of the Jewish Chronicle - displaying outright antisemitism in his desperate attempts to pin that label on Corbyn, and then crying that "He made me do it" when he is called out on it.

There can be no doubt now that Pollard has an agenda that goes much further than actually trying to combat antisemitism. He is clutching at straws in his desperate attempts to find AS where none exists, like a 17th-century witch hunt. Many people were warning that this campaign would only weaken the fight against genuine AS, and so it is proving to be the case. This is classic "boy who cried wolf" stuff.

Quite right. What do you expect from those damned Jews? They got together and invented the whole thing. All of it. It's all a smear against the greatest Man of Peace since Jesus. And you know who killed Him, right?

Corbyn probably (the next smear attempt) ).

You really need a history lesson. There were two supposed culprits in the execution of Jesus - Pontius Pilote and the Jews. Roman Corbyn would have hopped onto the Roman precursor of Press TV and blamed the Jews.

And by the way, is there anywhere in the Corbynist cult a justification for present-day Corbyn taking money from the Islamo-fascist regime in Tehran to work for a TV station that was banned by Ofcom for forcing a torture victim of the regime to 'confess' their crimes while the torturer sat off-camera?

You really need a history lesson. There were two supposed culprits in the execution of Jesus - Pontius Pilote and the Jews. Roman Corbyn would have hopped onto the Roman precursor of Press TV and blamed the Jews.

And by the way, is there anywhere in the Corbynist cult a justification for present-day Corbyn taking money from the Islamo-fascist regime in Tehran to work for a TV station that was banned by Ofcom for forcing a torture victim of the regime to 'confess' their crimes while the torturer sat off-camera?

Cuckoo cuckoo.

Constituency Labour Parties' top 'priorities' ballot for this week's conference:

1. Housing

2. School system

3. Windrush

4. Palestine

5. Brexit

6. NHS

7. Welfare system

So Palestine (I think they mean Israel and the occupied territories) more important than Brexit, NHS and welfare.

Brilliant.

Labour insider who's seen the numbers. Here are those numbers:

https://twitter.com/220_d_92_20/status/1043900298618699778

This doesn't take into account that the Unions have already voted and their top four are guaranteed a debate...

https://twitter.com/220_d_92_20/status/1043900569138724864

Trade Union and Affiliate priorities ballot results

Brexit 1,878,501

An Economy for the Many 1,848,812

Government Contracts 1,845,256

In-Work Poverty 1,845,084

Housing 39,479

The NHS 35,445

Justice for the Windrush generation 29,622

Social Care 9,642

Schools System 7,697

CLP priorities ballot results

Housing 297,032

Schools System 233,883

Justice for the Windrush generation 212,612

Palestine 188,019

Brexit 149,172

The NHS 121,487

Welfare System 89,861

Climate Change and Fracking 72,890

Local Government Funding 68,473

Social Care 64,569

So the final list looks like this...

1. Brexit 1,878,501

2. An Economy for the Many 1,848,812

3. Government Contracts 1,845,256

4. In-Work Poverty 1,845,084

5. Housing 297,032

6. Schools System 233,883

7. Justice for the Windrush generation 212,612

8. Palestine 188,019.

This doesn't take into account that the Unions have already voted and their top four are guaranteed a debate...

True, it doesn't. As I said, it's the votes of the CLPs. It took the unions (as undemocratic as they are) to bang some sense into the conference programme.

Remember, the CLPs are at the core of Corbyn's 'reforms' - it's not clear that the unions will be in a position to give the veneer of common sense in future annual conferences.

I personally don't mind the unions losing their influence over conference agendas - I've seen it up and close for years and it's classic smoke-filled-room stuff. But such is the state of CLPs now, which have been turned into culture-war skirmishes (hence 'Palestine'), that I don't see much of a future for a party that needs to face an electorate with a straight face.

True, it doesn't. As I said, it's the votes of the CLPs. It took the unions (as undemocratic as they are) to bang some sense into the conference programme.

You're being incredibly disingenuous here. The unions haven't in any way 'banged some sense into the conference programme', and you know that full well.

Your original post was trying to make out that the CLP had their priorities all wrong, but the union ballot is carried out first and the result is already known to the CLP before they undertake their vote. So it would be utterly pointless for them to vote for anything that was already in the unions top four if they are already guaranteed to be debated anyway.

If there was no union vote and it was all on the CLP, then I am 100% confident that their priorities would have been very different and actually more reflective of the final list.

How are we going to afford to nationalize the water and power companies? and sack all the higher management? Baffling.

Borrowing pal. Government can still borrow at low rates -much lower than the private sector. The profits from the companies under public ownership would then pay for the extra debt. All this, of course, assumes that government can manage these utilities efficiently.

Edited by shurlock