All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

I can't blame a five year old for wanting three pints of chocolate ice cream. Doesn't mean they should have it.

That's the worst analogy ever. Chocolate ice cream to a kid and nuclear weapons as a deterrent. Jeez.

That's the worst analogy ever. Chocolate ice cream to a kid and nuclear weapons as a deterrent. Jeez.

Only if you don’t understand it. My point wasn’t literally comparing ice cream to a thermonuclear warhead.

They are allowed if they are American.

I don’t want anyone to have nuclear weapons but we do and they will never be uninvented. What we can do is stop them from spreading to fanatical religious fantasists who might be more inclined to use them.

I don’t want anyone to have nuclear weapons but we do and they will never be uninvented. What we can do is stop them from spreading to fanatical religious fantasists who might be more inclined to use them.

I agree, but as a sovereign nation Iran will still feel it has a right to defend itself and owning a nuclear deterrent is not in itself a hostile act.

I agree, but as a sovereign nation Iran will still feel it has a right to defend itself and owning a nuclear deterrent is not in itself a hostile act.

When you're basically writing, "death to Israel!" on the side of the cruise missiles you've been developing, it kind of is a hostile act. That's not a deterrent. From most other nations it is but I can't totally convince myself Iran would never use it.

Maybe we shouldn't have given our nuclear secrets to Pakistan then?

Not going to disagree with that at all.

Only if you don’t understand it. My point wasn’t literally comparing ice cream to a thermonuclear warhead.

I understood. It was a daft analogy. A persecuted and threatened country seeking a deterrent to reduce the prospect of it being attacked (whether by conventional or nuclear warfare) is in no way akin to some kid wanting sh1tloads of ice cream. What kind of attack does the kid need the ice cream to fend off?! Ridiculous.

I understood. It was a daft analogy. A persecuted and threatened country seeking a deterrent to reduce the prospect of it being attacked (whether by conventional or nuclear warfare) is in no way akin to some kid wanting sh1tloads of ice cream. What kind of attack does the kid need the ice cream to fend off?! Ridiculous.

Lol. Have a break

This isn’t worth arguing over. To put it literally; Iran might want a nuclear weapon and I can understand why. However, I don’t think letting them develop one would be a sensible idea.

I honestly don’t get the willingness of some people to think all countries are the same and should be treated equally. The "if America can have nukes, why can’t Iran and North Korea?" Mentality.

This isn’t worth arguing over. To put it literally; Iran might want a nuclear weapon and I can understand why. However, I don’t think letting them develop one would be a sensible idea.

I honestly don’t get the willingness of some people to think all countries are the same and should be treated equally. The "if America can have nukes, why can’t Iran and North Korea?" Mentality.

Because America is the only country to have used a nuke; because its post ww2 foreign policy has been international dictatorship and domination; because it has lots of form for seeking regime change; because it's now run by a lunatic who has threatened to the World at large that it would destroy in Iran - a tweet by a man in charge with the capacity (mentally I'd guess, and militarily) to act on threat is a bit different to the few words on the side of a bomb; etc.

North Korea didn't want a nuclear bomb to destroy anyone. They are being destroyed by sanctions and millions of their people were killed by America in the Korean War. They need a deterrent. Iran see America led/sponsored action all over the Middle East/Afghanistan with regime change / control behind it. They have a deal with the west that as far as we know they comply with but the US unilaterally withdraw from, they then face awful sanctions, christ knows what threats and intimidation behind the scenes etc etc.

We are a small country close to the more (historically at least) Russia. The fact that we have nuclear weapons meant that we were never realistically in danger of a Russian nuclear attack. Iran and North Korea want a deterrent for obvious reasons.

Your point seems to be that the world is safer with less countries having nuclear weapons. I'm of the view that both sides of a potential war having equality of arms makes a nuclear confrontation less likely. Example, India and Pakistan both having them keeps a lid on their tension. If one of them had it I'd be much more concerned about it being used than I am in the knowledge that India firing would likely lead to Pakistan retaliation, and vice versa. Nobody wants mutual destruction which is evidenced by the last 70 years or so.

I don't want to go through each point of the post above, but your lack of knowledge about North Korea is so astoundingly apparent that it's worth highlighting. I didn't realise there was anyone outside of North Korea themselves who bought into the propaganda in such a huge way but there you go.

Poor old North Korea eh? Hurt by all those horrid sanctions and people got killed in a war. You couldn't make it up!

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is pretty damning worst conservative government in a long time and Labour can't even touch them..

Labour crashes to fourth in poll for first time as frontbencher admits voters fleeing party

Just 18 per cent of public backs Jeremy Corbyn’s party

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-brexit-corbyn-opinion-poll-yougov-general-election-conservatives-a8987491.html

Well this is pretty damning worst conservative government in a long time and Labour can't even touch them..

Labour crashes to fourth in poll for first time as frontbencher admits voters fleeing party

Just 18 per cent of public backs Jeremy Corbyn’s party

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-brexit-corbyn-opinion-poll-yougov-general-election-conservatives-a8987491.html

As predictable as it is sad...

• 2 weeks later...

I find it amazing that anyone could still vote for such an openly racist and anti semitic party in the 21st century. The panorama programme is truly embarassing for the labour party and I am amazed that one in four to one of the five of the voters will vote for them based on opinion polls. Or is it that 20% of our population are anti semitic?

I find it amazing that anyone could still vote for such an openly racist and anti semitic party in the 21st century. The panorama programme is truly embarassing for the labour party and I am amazed that one in four to one of the five of the voters will vote for them based on opinion polls. Or is it that 20% of our population are anti semitic?

For me the most amazing thing is that people like Yvette Cooper, Lammy, Watson, Jess Phillips, The fit Kendall bird, Hilary Benn, Kinnock and other so called “moderates” will be knocking on doors trying to gain support for an anti semitic party leader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me the most amazing thing is that people like Yvette Cooper, Lammy, Watson, Jess Phillips, The fit Kendall bird, Hilary Benn, Kinnock and other so called “moderates” will be knocking on doors trying to gain support for an anti semitic party leader.

About half of them hold pretty extreme views even if they would refer to themselves as moderate.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone knows he's not anti-semitic.

As said above, he just made himself unelectable by not dealing with it, refusing to play the PR game, and thinking that people care about policy.

Rory Stewart discovered that too - he offered honesty and reality, and was destroyed in the vote - the public hate a reality check, they want unicorns and rainbows all bound together by fluffy belief.

Any indication when the independent investigation into Islamophobia in the Tory party will begin?

The new PM promised it, so I'm sure it will happen soon. :lol:

As said above, he just made himself unelectable by not dealing with it, refusing to play the PR game, and thinking that people care about policy.

Rory Stewart discovered that too - he offered honesty and reality, and was destroyed in the vote - the public hate a reality check, they want unicorns and rainbows all bound together by fluffy belief.

Any indication when the independent investigation into Islamophobia in the Tory party will begin?

The new PM promised it, so I'm sure it will happen soon. :lol:

I wouldn't call the Tory Membership "the Public"...

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it’s a ****ing duck.

He’s liked anti-semitic posts & pictures on Facebook, called anti semitic people friends, attended wreath laying at the graveside of an anti semitic terrorist, people close to him are anti-semitic. Only someone who is anti-semitic would do those things, ordinary decent people wouldn’t . Just because he says he isn’t and the sheep that follow him say he’s not, doesn’t make it true. Your words & actions decide whether you are , and his words and actions are that of an anti semite.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it’s a ****ing duck.

He’s liked anti-semitic posts & pictures on Facebook, called anti semitic people friends, attended wreath laying at the graveside of an anti semitic terrorist, people close to him are anti-semitic. Only someone who is anti-semitic would do those things, ordinary decent people wouldn’t . Just because he says he isn’t and the sheep that follow him say he’s not, doesn’t make it true. Your words & actions decide whether you are , and his words and actions are that of an anti semite.

His words and actions are that if someone who hates Israel, having racist friends doesn’t make one a racist.

What a load of cowpats.

His words and actions are that if someone who hates Israel, having racist friends doesn’t make one a racist.

Two different points there. I despise the attitude and actions of the Israeli government, but I have Jewish friends. I'm not anti semitic and would be disappointed to be labelled as such. Corbyn, I believe, is similar and I've seen nothing to suggest that he is anti semitic.

Whether he has racist friends I'm unsure, but his friends beliefs and values are exactly that, they're not his.

no, “electricity is like water" is worse

-Electricity requires a closed circuit. Electrons don’t **** out the end of a wire.

-There is no reservoir of electrons somewhere. batteries work by making a potential, not dishing out electrons. You don’t run out of electrons when the current stops

-The “work” done is not by electrons transferring their kinetic energy to something else

-The analogy is nowhere close to explaining how AC works

-Things like coils, capacitors fail to fit the analogy, not to mention transistors

Two different points there. I despise the attitude and actions of the Israeli government, but I have Jewish friends. I'm not anti semitic and would be disappointed to be labelled as such. Corbyn, I believe, is similar and I've seen nothing to suggest that he is anti semitic.

Whether he has racist friends I'm unsure, but his friends beliefs and values are exactly that, they're not his.

Exactly

no, “electricity is like water" is worse

-Electricity requires a closed circuit. Electrons don’t **** out the end of a wire.

-There is no reservoir of electrons somewhere. batteries work by making a potential, not dishing out electrons. You don’t run out of electrons when the current stops

-The “work” done is not by electrons transferring their kinetic energy to something else

-The analogy is nowhere close to explaining how AC works

-Things like coils, capacitors fail to fit the analogy, not to mention transistors

I'd get help mate.

Would you attend a wreath laying ceremony at the grave of a terrorist that murdered Israeli athletes, would you complain about an anti Semitic mural being removed & question that decision, and would you write a glowing foreword for the re issue of a book that includes antisemitic tropes, would you call in “brilliant “.

No doubt soft arsed lefties will defend it all. He can’t be anti Semitic because he’s a leftie. I’m pretty sure if Boris called Enoch Powell’s speech “brilliant” whilst writing a forward, attended Jo Cox’s murderer’s wreath laying ceremony and questioned the removal of a racist picture they wouldn’t be so understanding. But then that’s lefties for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you attend a wreath laying ceremony at the grave of a terrorist that murdered Israeli athletes

I don't think it was right he attended but you can agree with the Palestinian cause without being racist. Why does attending that mean he hates all Jews?

Would you attend a wreath laying ceremony at the grave of a terrorist that murdered Israeli athletes, would you complain about an anti Semitic mural being removed & question that decision, and would you write a glowing foreword for the re issue of a book that includes antisemitic tropes, would you call in “brilliant “.

No doubt soft arsed lefties will defend it all. He can’t be anti Semitic because he’s a leftie. I’m pretty sure if Boris called Enoch Powell’s speech “brilliant” whilst writing a forward, attended Jo Cox’s murderer’s wreath laying ceremony and questioned the removal of a racist picture they wouldn’t be so understanding. But then that’s lefties for you.

Explain how being anti Israeli is the same as being anti Jewish (ie anti-Semitic). There's a fundamental difference.

Link me to anything that he has said or done that is anti Jewish - not anti Israeli.

Left/Right/Middle political allegiances is completely irrelevant. For what it's worth, I think Corbyn is an idiot, but he's not an anti-Semitic idiot.

I don't think it was right he attended but you can agree with the Palestinian cause without being racist. Why does attending that mean he hates all Jews?

Exactly. Being supportive of anti Israeli factions is a mile away from being anti Jewish. I don't like the conduct of the Chinese government but I'm not anti-Chinese, ditto Venezuela, throw in Trump/America too.

Explain how being anti Israeli is the same as being anti Jewish (ie anti-Semitic). There's a fundamental difference.

Link me to anything that he has said or done that is anti Jewish - not anti Israeli.

Left/Right/Middle political allegiances is completely irrelevant. For what it's worth, I think Corbyn is an idiot, but he's not an anti-Semitic idiot.

**** me. The re issue of a book he wrote a forward to and called “brilliant” wasn’t anti Israel, it was anti Jew. In fact Israel didn’t even exist when the original was written.

The mural, wasn’t depicting Israelis, it was depicting Jews.

Ok, so the wreath laying ceremony was honouring a terrorist who murdered Israelis, but I doubt that guy gave a shiny **** whether the Jews he killed were Israeli or not.

Same old excuses, same old lefties.

“The fit Kendall bird.” What with your Retro language that even Jacob Rees Mogg would disprove of and your very public support of Boris Johnson for PM you are a real catch Duckie. You do realise that these “fit birds” wouldn’t touch you with one of Boris’s kippers?

The mural, wasn’t depicting Israelis, it was depicting Jews.

You need to get your facts right Ducky. The mural depicted four men meant to represent key figures from the world of global banking, only two of whom happened to be Jewish. The artist himself confirmed this. It was a protest against the way that these men have influenced global politics for their own financial gain, and their ethnicity and/or religion have nothing to do with it.

You need to get your facts right Ducky. The mural depicted four men meant to represent key figures from the world of global banking, only two of whom happened to be Jewish. The artist himself confirmed this. It was a protest against the way that these men have influenced global politics for their own financial gain, and their ethnicity and/or religion have nothing to do with it.
Surely you can't possibly be that naive? You are aware of the common anti semitic trope about Jews controlling the banking system I trust?

TBF, the artist wouldn't confirm that his mural is anti-semitic, as he could be arrested for it.

TBF, the artist wouldn't confirm that his mural is anti-semitic, as he could be arrested for it.
I don't think corbyn is anti-semitic but I don't see how anyone can look at that mural and not consider it to be anti-semitic unless they were hopelessly biased (well it is bexy so that's pretty standard.)

• 1 month later...
That’s one thing. This sort of sh1t scares the electorate.

Agree. Apart from being electoral suicide it will simply mean less money per head going into education. The answer is to reform them and make sure bursaries go to kids who can’t afford the fees, not simply knocking a few thousand off the fees if someone only earns £150,00pa and can’t quite afford the £36,000 pa for Henry.

Too many private schools, like Winchester, were set up to provide education to practically destitute kids who wouldn’t otherwise get an education but have lost their way and hijacked the buildings and assets for the privileged few

Edited by buctootim