All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Why didn’t he say that then? Instead He denied he’d said it and claimed it wasn’t his view.

Probably because it’s best to avoid the whole Israeli hornets nest if you are a politician. Try to stand up for Palestinians and Israelis try to twist it into being anti-semitism.

Probably because it’s best to avoid the whole Israeli hornets nest if you are a politician. Try to stand up for Palestinians and Israelis try to twist it into being anti-semitism.

He didn’t want to avoid it when he was saying Zionism was the enemy of peace. Bit strange to then deny he said it and claim it wasn’t his view when he could easily have just put the record straight.

He didn’t want to avoid it when he was saying Zionism was the enemy of peace. Bit strange to then deny he said it and claim it wasn’t his view when he could easily have just put the record straight.

It’s not strange, he just didn’t want the interviewer to know his views on zionism.

Spot on. It is a political minefield but people ought to be able to have a view about the Palestinians without being labelled anti-Semitic.

He lied in the interview, I would have thought that was obvious.

Yeah it is, glad we both agree a senior labour front bencher is liar.

Spot on. It is a political minefield but people ought to be able to have a view about the Palestinians without being labelled anti-Semitic.

Perhaps, but it’s yet another example fo an anti-Jewish undertone in labour. We all know what happened last time a government with anti Semitic agenda got into power.

Perhaps, but it’s yet another example fo an anti-Jewish undertone in labour. We all know what happened last time a government with anti Semitic agenda got into power.

You just perfectly illustrated his reasons for lying. Standing up for the Palestinian cause is nothing to do with being anti Jewish.

I’m glad we all finally agree they all like like dogs.

The influence of Trump. I have never known a dog lie about anything.

And why you keep trotting out this nonsense line about them all lying as if there should be no accountability. They did it too Miss.

I’m glad we all finally agree they all like like dogs.
Judging from the Gao thread in the main board it seems like you find the owner of a football club lying far more upsetting than the people running (or wanting to) the country. Why would you hold Kat and Gao to higher standard of morals than the government?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Sorry Turkish, I must have missed that bit in the Labour manifesto about building industrial sized gas chambers.

Disraeli succeeded by distancing himself and denigrating other Jews. He did whatever was necessary to become leader, just like Johnson

He looked every bit a Jew and was still able to reach the pinnacle of the Tory party. However he played his hand, anti Semitism was not a barrier to reaching the top of the Tory party in the Victorian age.

He looked every bit a Jew and was still able to reach the pinnacle of the Tory party. However he played his hand, anti Semitism was not a barrier to reaching the top of the Tory party in the Victorian age.

What does “he looked every bit a Jew” mean pal (ignoring the fact that he was baptised in the Church of England)?

I think you will find that it was. Jews weren't even allowed to be MPs until 1858. Disraeli had been an MP for 20 years by then because he had been baptised into the Church.

Edited by Tamesaint

I think you will find that it was. Jews weren't even allowed to be MPs until 1858. Disraeli had been an MP for 20 years by then because he had been baptised into the Code.

And it was a Whig government that passed the Jewish Relief Act enabling Jews to sit in Parliament.

What does “he looked every bit a Jew” mean pal (ignoring the fact that he was baptised in the Church of England)?

Well he would have fitted in on the mural that Corbyn liked so much. A bigot judges people on their looks, that's what makes them a bigot. There were not many country's over the next hundred years who would have had a leader of such obvious Jewish descent and we should be proud of that. The Tories have consistently been progressive in their choice of leaders. They have delivered two women prime ministers and I think that should Ruth Davidson return to politics it is very realistic that she will be the first LGBT party leader.

Great to see the Kosovo supporters response to the English today. Of course at the time of the war certain politicians were against our preparations to help these people. Calling it “a return to gunboat diplomacy” & stating that “you can’t bomb your way to peace”.

47f83a8049302de3ba3820f010b9e8c2.jpg

Some people demonstrated on behalf of The Serbs.

ee2300cdb5c82f6291680fa8e599d9c4.jpg

Had the Serbs continued their ethnic cleansing, a lot of the people making that wonderful gesture today,would have been dead. Thank **** those politicians weren’t in power then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Rabbi Mervis is just reflecting the views of the Jewish people and the serious concerns within the Jewish community. Even the normally politically neutral Jewish chronicle has published warnings about the possibility of an anti semitic labour government. The Jewish community are rightly very concerned and if there was a Labour majority many would feel they could not stay in the UK. As far as the community are concerned the threat is very real. I struggle to see how anyone could vote for such a party unless they condone anti-semitic behaviour.

Rabbi Mervis is just reflecting the views of the Jewish people and the serious concerns within the Jewish community. Even the normally politically neutral Jewish chronicle has published warnings about the possibility of an anti semitic labour government. The Jewish community are rightly very concerned and if there was a Labour majority many would feel they could not stay in the UK. As far as the community are concerned the threat is very real. I struggle to see how anyone could vote for such a party unless they condone anti-semitic behaviour.

Well anyone that has to be asked 4 times whether it's anti semitic that "Rothschild Zionists run world governments" before they agree isn't really fit to run a UK political party.

Well anyone that has to be asked 4 times whether it's anti semitic that "Rothschild Zionists run world governments" before they agree isn't really fit to run a UK political party.

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept.

I'd give it a watch if I were you. It's absorbing.

If I have time, I will. But apart from the QT special, I have avoided the debates, interviews and most election coverage like the plague. Frankly it’s flotsam and jetsam at this point, a depressing rehash of the unseriousness of the referendum campaign and I’ve got better things to do with my life (especially right now). Whichever party is in government next year will be faced by the same set of challenges and constraints -and true to form politicians of all stripes and the media prefer either not to discuss them or glibly underestimate them.

Still I can understand why some might find an Andrew Neil interview titillating.

Edited by shurlock

I'd give it a watch if I were you. It's absorbing.

If I have time, I will. But apart from the QT special, I have avoided the debates, interviews and most election coverage like the plague. Frankly it’s flotsam and jetsam at this point, a depressing rehash of the unseriousness of the referendum campaign and I’ve got better things to do with my life (especially right now). Whichever party is in government next year will be faced by the same set of challenges and constraints -and true to form politicians of all stripes and the media prefer either not to discuss them or glibly underestimate them.

Still I can understand why some might find an Andrew Neil interview titillating.

Edited by shurlock

I think it's tragic and actually in a way slightly antisemitic, that the establishment has weaponised and used smears of antisemitism against a left wing Labour leader to the extend that some Jewish people are now living in fear when previously they weren't. The idea that if Labour get in they are going to start exterminating Jewish citizens of the UK is completely insane and the people driving this fabrication should be ashamed.

I think it's tragic and actually in a way slightly antisemitic, that the establishment has weaponised and used smears of antisemitism against a left wing Labour leader to the extend that some Jewish people are now living in fear when previously they weren't. The idea that if Labour get in they are going to start exterminating Jewish citizens of the UK is completely insane and the people driving this fabrication should be ashamed.

Do you think in the current climate it's acceptable that a labour member is still under investigation after a year and hasn't been suspended after being blatantly antisemitic?

Do you think in the current climate it's acceptable that a labour member is still under investigation after a year and hasn't been suspended after being blatantly antisemitic?