All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Because you are transparently a huge labour fanboy. Your posting history is clear evidence of this.

Thus proving that you, like Batman, only see what you want to see in my posts.

I'm really f*cking bored of having to explain it now so I'm not going to bother again.

No need to explain it. The posts speak for themselves.

I rest my case. :mcinnes:

And I urge anyone with an interest to peruse your posting history which more than makes my case.

That would be my posting history which shows that I have explained time and time again that my political beliefs should naturally draw me towards Labour, but that for numerous reasons I have never felt able to fully support them, either in the past or the present.

You're just making a fool of yourself.

How is that any different from politicians making public calls for the entire Islamic community to speak out against and/or take responsibility for the actions of ISIS or Al-Qaeda? And how many of them have ever been suspended from their parties as a result?

Did you mean this? Because you appear to be saying that the existence of right-wing Islamophobia excuses left-wing - or indeed any - antisemitism. Playing the whataboutery card is an utterly corrupt argument. (And, incidentally, have you not noticed my criticisms of Islamophobia and anti-Arab sentiment?)

So let me try again - for you, fanboy and any other Corbynista and not-Corbynista-but-doing-a-good-impression-of-being-one: Do you approve of the idea that Jews should be given a 'humanity test' over Israel? Just as, presumably, blacks should be given a humanity test over the tragedy of Rwanda, or the civil wars in Sierra Leone and Liberia?

Did you mean this? Because you appear to be saying that the existence of right-wing Islamophobia excuses left-wing - or indeed any - antisemitism. Playing the whataboutery card is an utterly corrupt argument. (And, incidentally, have you not noticed my criticisms of Islamophobia and anti-Arab sentiment?)

No, I'm not. I'm simply asking a question. We seem to be in agreement that the two situations are essentially the same and should be treated as such. But for whatever reason they're not, and I'm curious as to why that should be the case.

So let me try again - for you, fanboy and any other Corbynista and not-Corbynista-but-doing-a-good-impression-of-being-one: Do you approve of the idea that Jews should be given a 'humanity test' over Israel? Just as, presumably, blacks should be given a humanity test over the tragedy of Rwanda, or the civil wars in Sierra Leone and Liberia?

No, I don't approve of the idea that any particular ethnic community should be singled out to prove their humanity in this way. I think that anybody with any humanity should be appalled at the treatment of the Palestinians by the state of Israel, regardless of ethnicity or religious beliefs.

But the relationship between Israel and the Jewish community is completely unique in the world, and it is easy to see why some people may be of the belief that Jews have more of a moral responsibility to hold Israel to account for their crimes than anyone else. I'm not saying I agree with it.

What this Hatton guys said in his tweet can clearly be interpreted as Antisemitic, just as anyone calling for Islamic groups to disown and condemn Jihadis can be said to be Islamophobic. But why, when the latter happens, do we not see howls from the press that it is proof of institutional racism in their party?

That would be my posting history which shows that I have explained time and time again that my political beliefs should naturally draw me towards Labour, but that for numerous reasons I have never felt able to fully support them, either in the past or the present.

You're just making a fool of yourself.

Your post history that routinely engages in whatabboutery and absurd defences of Labour combined with kooky conspiracy theories about the media victimising Corbyn. It's all there and easy to find if you can be bothered.

Read an interesting insight into Corbyn from a bloke named Bernie Keavy on the train tonight. If true , and I don’t see why it wouldn’t be, it certainly explains the issue they’ll have dealing with the anti Semitic problem.

“In my old job I was a regional Labour press officer and happened to be with Jeremy the day Ken Livingstone did his LBC 'Hitler' interview. Corbyn was doing a Q&A with some 6th formers in Grimsby while that, and John Mann's subsequent confrontation with Ken, unfolded.

When the Q&A finished we took Jeremy to an empty staff room to brief him on what had been going on. He was told what had happened and that then-mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan was among several politicians who'd called for Livingstone to be suspended.

He had 2 members of his staff with him and they dialled up his Commons office to get his senior advisors on speaker phone. One of the staff read Jeremy the transcript of what Ken had said on LBC.

When they had finished, Jeremy responded: "What's the issue?"

He then asked several times which part of the interview was causing consternation.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

And the deep dive into the sewers continues...

Angela Rayner, the shadow education secretary, who committed the clearly capital offence of saying something vaguely positive about Blair, has been issued with a death threat by a man who identified himself as a Corbynista. He's been arrested.

Meanwhile, the Labour's director of governance, Thomas Gardiner has apparently resigned following disclosures in the Observer at the weekend that the paperwork for pending Jew-hating cases was shared privately with Corbyn's team.

And (the Jewish) Rachel Riley has been shouted down as 'dangerous and stupid' by a character in Corbyn's office who appears to be the daughter of someone else in Corbyn's office. (If they think Riley stupid they clearly haven't watched Countdown...)

All in the last 24 hours.

But just in case the temptation to think all of Labour is a basket case, this is a remarkable story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/arts/design/hackney-london-public-housing.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage#commentsContainer

There's hope yet - so long as Corbyn and the baying mob he adores are ditched soon.

And the deep dive into the sewers continues...

Angela Rayner, the shadow education secretary, who committed the clearly capital offence of saying something vaguely positive about Blair, has been issued with a death threat by a man who identified himself as a Corbynista. He's been arrested.

Meanwhile, the Labour's director of governance, Thomas Gardiner has apparently resigned following disclosures in the Observer at the weekend that the paperwork for pending Jew-hating cases was shared privately with Corbyn's team.

And (the Jewish) Rachel Riley has been shouted down as 'dangerous and stupid' by a character in Corbyn's office who appears to be the daughter of someone else in Corbyn's office. (If they think Riley stupid they clearly haven't watched Countdown...)

All in the last 24 hours.

But just in case the temptation to think all of Labour is a basket case, this is a remarkable story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/arts/design/hackney-london-public-housing.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage#commentsContainer

There's hope yet - so long as Corbyn and the baying mob he adores are ditched soon.

Why did you vote for Corbyn at the last GE?

Why did you vote for Corbyn at the last GE?

I didn't vote for Corbyn. I voted for my constituency MP, who is brilliant, like a lot of MPs who've resigned from Corbyn's cabinet. If I were in Corbyn's constituency, I wouldn't vote for an antisemitic 'friend' of terrorists, wreath bearer for a Munich killer, and supporter of brutal despots like Assad, Putin and Maduro. Would you?

But why don't you leave aside your demented trolling for a second and tell us what you actually think of the incidents described in my post above. Give us, for once, an actual opinion that you've worked out all by yourself.

Do you approve of Angela Rayner, one of Corbyn's own shadow cabinet ministers, being threatened with rape and murder? To the point where she's now had panic alarms fitted in her house?

It's hard to guess your answer to this because you seem so uninterested in anything, no matter how appalling, if it doesn't involve than proclaiming boundless adulation of St Jezza.

So go on - give us a clue. Promise we won't bite.

I didn't vote for Corbyn. I voted for my constituency MP, who is brilliant, like a lot of MPs who've resigned from Corbyn's cabinet. If I were in Corbyn's constituency, I wouldn't vote for an antisemitic 'friend' of terrorists, wreath bearer for a Munich killer, and supporter of brutal despots like Assad, Putin and Maduro. Would you?

But why don't you leave aside your demented trolling for a second and tell us what you actually think of the incidents described in my post above. Give us, for once, an actual opinion that you've worked out all by yourself.

Do you approve of Angela Rayner, one of Corbyn's own shadow cabinet ministers, being threatened with rape and murder? To the point where she's now had panic alarms fitted in her house?

It's hard to guess your answer to this because you seem so uninterested in anything, no matter how appalling, if it doesn't involve than proclaiming boundless adulation of St Jezza.

So go on - give us a clue. Promise we won't bite.

Nice to see you posted on the main board, did you enjoy popping your cherry?

As I have said before my main concern is getting a left wing government elected. The amount of energy you waste looking for "trolls" and fighting alleged antisemitism, of which I've yet to be be shown one true example is stunning. I guess you work in media and it serves your career in some way.

Just think if you weren't so obsessed with attacking Corbyn we could have all elected a government in 2017 who would've done a lot more to prevent things like this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/anorexic-woman-dead-universal-credit-benefits-cut-found-freezing-cold-flat-too-ill-meeting-elaine-a8045796.html

But hey who cares about austerity when there"s the antisemitic bogeymen to root out in a McCarthy style witchhunt.

Fact is, as I said before I don't really care about Corbyn. The media and yourself make out its all about him when really it seems to me that anyone with a left-wing leaning agenda is lambasted by the frightened establishment and media and for some reason Labour voters like yourself are just as enthusiastic.

You don't need to reply as none of us really need another of your smug, condescending responses thanks.

Edited by Jonnyboy

• 4 weeks later...
Although while we're on the topic, presumably Verbal will want to express his shock and disgust at this report?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47399541

I condemn it absolutely. It would not surprise me in the least that this appalling behaviour is defined as a war crime. It's happened many times before.

But the problem you have is that you just self-declared as an antisemite. You've assumed that because I condemn anti-semitism I am bound to support atrocities committed by Israel. Which is of course a classic Jew-hating equation. Jews = Israel, and if Israel is bad, Jews must also be bad.

Well done you! You're a true Corbynista!

I condemn it absolutely. It would not surprise me in the least that this appalling behaviour is defined as a war crime. It's happened many times before.

But the problem you have is that you just self-declared as an antisemite. You've assumed that because I condemn anti-semitism I am bound to support atrocities committed by Israel. Which is of course a classic Jew-hating equation. Jews = Israel, and if Israel is bad, Jews must also be bad.

Well done you! You're a true Corbynista!

Nothing of the sort.

Well done, you're an over-the-top critic of Corbyn. So desperate to stick the knife in you'd sabotage your own party and keep the tories in power rather than admit your own paranoia. Or maybe it's any kind of wealth tax that you truly fear?

Corbyn's wiki entry sums him up really:

"When Corbyn was seven years old, the family moved to Pave Lane in Shropshire, where his father bought Yew Tree Manor, a 17th-century country house which was once part of the Duke of Sutherland's Lilleshall estate.

Corbyn was educated at Castle House School, an independent preparatory school near Newport, Shropshire, before attending Adams' Grammar School as a day student. He joined the Labour Party at age 16 and achieved two E-grade A-Levels, the lowest possible passing grade, before leaving school at 18.

Corbyn began a course in Trade Union Studies at North London Polytechnic but left after a year without a degree after a series of arguments with his tutors."

He's basically a much dimmer version of Tony Benn. In spite of his educational failure, he's led a life of great privilege. He will be 70 this year. It's time for him to retire. If he did so, a younger, more intelligent leader could take over and Labour would win the next general election comfortably but he won't because, like Theresa May, he is driven by his own ego.

Corbyn's wiki entry sums him up really:

"When Corbyn was seven years old, the family moved to Pave Lane in Shropshire, where his father bought Yew Tree Manor, a 17th-century country house which was once part of the Duke of Sutherland's Lilleshall estate.

Corbyn was educated at Castle House School, an independent preparatory school near Newport, Shropshire, before attending Adams' Grammar School as a day student. He joined the Labour Party at age 16 and achieved two E-grade A-Levels, the lowest possible passing grade, before leaving school at 18.

Corbyn began a course in Trade Union Studies at North London Polytechnic but left after a year without a degree after a series of arguments with his tutors."

He's basically a much dimmer version of Tony Benn. In spite of his educational failure, he's led a life of great privilege. He will be 70 this year. It's time for him to retire. If he did so, a younger, more intelligent leader could take over and Labour would win the next general election comfortably but he won't because, like Theresa May, he is driven by his own ego.

I don't think he's necessarily thick, just non conformist and 'difficult'. He brother Piers, the wacky weather forecaster is the same. Some people are genetically pre programmed to draw different conclusions from the same facts. Sometimes thats an asset, most often not. In psychological makeup I imagine hes more similar to JRM, Farage or George Galloway than a successful leader like Blair or Thatcher

Nice house though!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4000628/To-manor-born-Idyllic-five-bedroom-mansion-Jeremy-Corbyn-grew-sale-650-000.html

Edited by buctootim

The current opinion polls seem to suggest that Corbyn will be our next PM if there was an election now. Not bad for a "dead party."

I'm not really sure that that is what the current polls show. Most evidence I've seen is that we would be heading to another hung parliament, quite possibly where the Tories remain the largest party. The make up of the HoC under current polling could also quite possibly be ungovernable, given how the public and party members of SNP/Lib Dems etc might react to any coalition agreements. PR can't come quick enough.

On Labour, I just can not see them winning majority without some major changes in their voteshare distribution. They've made zero progress in Scotland, and are going backwards in many of the towns the Tories advanced in in 2017. They've also maxed out the urban cosmopolitan areas. Having said that, the opinion poll shifts to the smaller parties the last few months is very interesting. YouGov today had LabCon on only 63%... sands may be changing. Ultimately depends on how the Tories do as well, and there are many areas of the country where they are doing very badly right now (One Nation souther middle class types).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
fb9e3c9ca57db1ec7f5b35c7c3d01fd4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For one delicious moment, I read that as Tommy Robinson.

But why anyone would consider Tony's political opinions sufficiently valuable to discuss via social media is beyond me.

I don't think anyone gives a toss about Baldrick's political opinions per se, but the question is whether he is reflective of many hitherto Labour stalwarts.

I remember seeing Baldrick campaigning for Labour in the streets of Cardiff in the 2001 general election. He's gone from someone willing to give up their time to pound the pavements for a party to someone willing to leave it altogether. If you alienate moderates, you don't have a rosy future. The question is how many moderates are Corbyn and McDonnel alienating?

I don't think anyone gives a toss about Baldrick's political opinions per se, but the question is whether he is reflective of many hitherto Labour stalwarts.

I remember seeing Baldrick campaigning for Labour in the streets of Cardiff in the 2001 general election. He's gone from someone willing to give up their time to pound the pavements for a party to someone willing to leave it altogether. If you alienate moderates, you don't have a rosy future. The question is how many moderates are Corbyn and McDonnel alienating?

Exactly - its so self evident its amazing it still needs to be said. Without moderate party workers and - perhaps more importantly - swing voters like me, any party ceases to be a credible electoral force and becomes just a pressure group

• 3 weeks later...
Shame Change UK were so useless, we could rid ourselves of Grieve and other extremists.

They got taken to the cleaners in my constituency . 40k as opposed to 611k Brexit party got.

76cfa952ee717c527983c60226852a9e.jpg

Please please, please vote for a hardliner candidate in the forthcoming Tory leadership election. I am counting on you and Les pal. Best money I will have (n)ever spent :lol:

Corbyn used to frequently vote against the party when Bliar was PM.

There’s a massive difference between voting against a policy in Parliament and casting a vote for an opposition party in national or local elections. I doubt Corbyn ever voted anything other than labour even when Blair was in charge.

Its brilliant how Jeremy Corbyn has inspired so many people. It's like a revolution sweeping across the nation.

Scroll down to the tweet from Nick Hoadley. It appears that YouGov has been a bit naughty with their poll. Despite The Brexit Party thrashing the main parties in the EU Elections, they only feature in the poll under other parties, and only appear in the poll results if somebody votes for "some other party". Great timing to put out this disinformation so close to the Peterborough By-election, isn't it? In other news connected to Peterborough, apparently the Labour candidate preferred to have a meeting with Gordon Brown, rather than attend the public hustings against the candidates from the other main parties.

The problem the Brexit party will have is in getting out the vote of the apathetic, and those who have completely lost faith in parliament.

Any evidence that Brexit Party supporters are less likely to vote? Frankly the opposite argument could be made - that their supporters are highly engaged ('loons') as well being a new party and so more likely to vote than average.

Demographic surveys show they get more votes from C2DE. Who are historically less likely to vote.

For example this mornings yougov voting intention.

If you just take ABC1

Lib dems - 24%

Brexit - 22%

Labour -19%

Conservative - 18%

If you just take C2DE

Brexit - 33%

Labour - 22%

Conservative - 17%

Lib dems - 13%

Demographic surveys show they get more votes from C2DE. Who are historically less likely to vote.

For example this mornings yougov voting intention.

If you just take ABC1

Lib dems - 24%

Brexit - 22%

Labour -19%

Conservative - 18%

If you just take C2DE

Brexit - 33%

Labour - 22%

Conservative - 17%

Lib dems - 13%

Nolan if you’re relying on that as evidence (in isolation and without any sense of the magnitudes involved), you’re in trouble pal. Next you’ll be telling that the young are less likely to vote and they’re more likely to vote Brexit Party :lol: