All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

No. I have said earlier that public office attracts deviants across all parties.

But the holier than thou attitude of many a leftie opens them up to accusations of hypocrisy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why does your charming little website only feature labour councillors then?

The Tory list contains one bird, Liz Truss, I’ve always thought she looks a dirty *****. I’m still hoping there’s some dirty secrets coming out about Caroline Flint and Liz Kendall, couple of fit fillies. Kendall’s legs are something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CJi8yfZWEAASC2d.jpg

Edited by shurlock

The Tory list contains one bird, Liz Truss, I’ve always thought she looks a dirty *****. I’m still hoping there’s some dirty secrets coming out about Caroline Flint and Liz Kendall, couple of fit fillies. Kendall’s legs are something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Claire Perry who's a Minister of State is also on there for being "inappropriate with male MPs before and after divorce".

The Bournemouth MP, Conor Burns is also on there. He was also inappropriate with male MPs.

Claire Perry who's a Minister of State is also on there for being "inappropriate with male MPs before and after divorce".

The Bournemouth MP, Conor Burns is also on there. He was also inappropriate with male MPs.

It’s getting bad now. Diane Abbott claims a senior labour figure kept touching her up and making inappropriate comments about how beautiful she was. David Blunkett has denied her accusations, but no smoke without fire.

Did anybody watch This Week? Not a fan of Andrew Neill but he was right to tell Harriet Harman to shut it, bang out of order!

Yup i saw that. Sadly Andrew Neil is one of the last of a dying breed. The country is heading the way of Labour and the snowflake generation.

Another day, another Corbynista Jew-hater crawls out of the woodwork.

Nasreen Khan, a possible candidate for Bradford council, avails herself of the following opinion:

"It's such a shame that the history teachers in our school never taught us this but they are the first to start brainwashing us and our children into thinking the bad guy was Hitler. What have the Jews done good in this world?"

And another:

"The Jews have reaped the rewards of playing victims. Enough is enough!"

Another day, another Corbynista Jew-hater crawls out of the woodwork.

Nasreen Khan, a possible candidate for Bradford council, avails herself of the following opinion:

"It's such a shame that the history teachers in our school never taught us this but they are the first to start brainwashing us and our children into thinking the bad guy was Hitler. What have the Jews done good in this world?"

And another:

"The Jews have reaped the rewards of playing victims. Enough is enough!"

She's already been dropped:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42009240

And where's the evidence she was a "Corbynista" of any kind?

You are deeply paranoid.

Poll this week has Theresa May ahead of Steptoe on "who would make the best Prime Minister" 34% v 31%. Just think about that.

And Tories polling under 2 percentage points behind Labour 41.4% v 39.9%.

They should be out of sight against this government but they're neck and neck.

Vive le effing revolution.

Edited by CB Fry

Poll this week has Theresa May ahead of Steptoe on "who would make the best Prime Minister" 34% v 31%. Just think about that.

And Tories polling under 2 percentage points behind Labour 41.4% v 39.9%.

They should be out of sight against this government but they're neck and neck.

Vive le effing revolution.

Quite.

Dreadful budget, listening to it Seems Hammond has found the Money Tree, borrowing up, deficit reduction extended, plus lots of smoke and mirrors. Just watched Truss interviewed no clue at all, hasn’t got a handle on the brief, failed to answer most of the questions. While I have little time for Corbyn the passion and emotion in his response was impressive.

Dreadful budget, listening to it Seems Hammond has found the Money Tree, borrowing up, deficit reduction extended, plus lots of smoke and mirrors. Just watched Truss interviewed no clue at all, hasn’t got a handle on the brief, failed to answer most of the questions. While I have little time for Corbyn the passion and emotion in his response was impressive.

and sadly, he is by a country mile a better prospect than the shadow chancellor

and sadly, he is by a country mile a better prospect than the shadow chancellor

Can’t disagree with that, unfortunately Hammond is hamstrung by Brexit, note nothing for defence in the budget despite the unprecedented problems the Armed forces are facing, particularly the Royal Navy.

Can’t disagree with that, unfortunately Hammond is hamstrung by Brexit, note nothing for defence in the budget despite the unprecedented problems the Armed forces are facing, particularly the Royal Navy.

unprecedented problems? nah, that has been and gone...just facing defence cuts like every other year

Still able to help migrants in the med and provide an aid service to hurricane victims in the West Indies.

And your point is? Humanitarian aid is one of the stated roles of the RN as required by the UK Government and our international commitments. In both cases the commitments to maintain a Naval presence are long-standing, in the case of the West Indies Guard Ship, it is there to protect and support British Overseas Territories in the region. How unlike you to have no understanding of how these things work and yet able to make such a puerile statement.

And your point is? Humanitarian aid is one of the stated roles of the RN as required by the UK Government and our international commitments. In both cases the commitments to maintain a Naval presence are long-standing, in the case of the West Indies Guard Ship, it is there to protect and support British Overseas Territories in the region. How unlike you to have no understanding of how these things work and yet able to make such a puerile statement.

to be fair we do seem to always do more than our fair share, especially considering we are too skint to properly fund our own services at home.

to be fair we do seem to always do more than our fair share, especially considering we are too skint to properly fund our own services at home.

I think your use of the term 'seem to' sums up peoples understanding of what we actually do an what others do, i.e. it is not properly informed. We are an Island Nation our reliance on the sea and free and unimpeded passage thereon is vital to the economic and physical security of the nation and we have a duty to ensure this freedom. This cannot be done without a well-equipped and globally deployable navy and in partnership with our friends and allies. You suggest that other nations do not do as much as we do, or at least do not do their fair share. This is both unfair and untrue. Few navies have a truly global deployment capability, half a dozen at most, of those the USN, the Marine Nationale and the Royal Navy all do their fair share across the whole spectrum of naval capability from warfighting to humanitarian aid, the French have a much larger presence in the Pacific than the UK. Smaller navies e.g. Italian, Dutch, Australian, New Zealand and others also commit significant elements of their fleets to humanitarian aid and international partnerships. Perhaps the mis-understanding is simply a result of British media reporting, which understandably focuses on what the RN does.

I think your use of the term 'seem to' sums up peoples understanding of what we actually do an what others do, i.e. it is not properly informed. We are an Island Nation our reliance on the sea and free and unimpeded passage thereon is vital to the economic and physical security of the nation and we have a duty to ensure this freedom. This cannot be done without a well-equipped and globally deployable navy and in partnership with our friends and allies. You suggest that other nations do not do as much as we do, or at least do not do their fair share. This is both unfair and untrue. Few navies have a truly global deployment capability, half a dozen at most, of those the USN, the Marine Nationale and the Royal Navy all do their fair share across the whole spectrum of naval capability from warfighting to humanitarian aid, the French have a much larger presence in the Pacific than the UK. Smaller navies e.g. Italian, Dutch, Australian, New Zealand and others also commit significant elements of their fleets to humanitarian aid and international partnerships. Perhaps the mis-understanding is simply a result of British media reporting, which understandably focuses on what the RN does.

aintforever- not properly informed- who da thunk it?

Few countries have a truly global deployment capability - because they choose to spend their money on other things. I just don’t see a bunch of big war ships as much of a priority considering our others services (which are actually used by us) are so stretched. That’s just my opinion.

Few countries have a truly global deployment capability - because they choose to spend their money on other things. I just don’t see a bunch of big war ships as much of a priority considering our others services (which are actually used by us) are so stretched. That’s just my opinion.

We are an Island the sea and the trade routes are vital to us, who do you want to keep them safe for us? Yet again your lack of understanding shines through.

We are an Island the sea and the trade routes are vital to us, who do you want to keep them safe for us? Yet again your lack of understanding shines through.

We’re an Island?! ****, you should have explained that earlier I had no idea. What we need to do is spend billions on some big boats with guns on just in case some bad country wants to stop us importing and exporting stuff, because that’s really likely to happen.

We’re an Island?! ****, you should have explained that earlier I had no idea. What we need to do is spend billions on some big boats with guns on just in case some bad country wants to stop us importing and exporting stuff, because that’s really likely to happen.
perhaps if you looked back in history

I clearly do have an understanding of the issue, you've helped make my point for me, thanks.

Which of our political parties do you think is most likely to support our armed forces?

Do you agree we should cut our foreign aid budget to properly fund our armed forces?

I clearly do have an understanding of the issue, you've helped make my point for me, thanks.

Which of our political parties do you think is most likely to support our armed forces?

Do you agree we should cut our foreign aid budget to properly fund our armed forces?

Tories being best for the armed forces is one of the greatest myths in politics. History tells us the Labour party does more for the armed forces; only the Tories have ever made servicemen and women redundant and repeatedly cut numbers, from the mid 80's the Tories ordered no new classes of complex surface warship, acouple of OPV's was all they managed, the Blair government sorted out the AWD, Amphibious Capability (that is currently under threat from the Tories) and Carriers within 2 years of assuming office. Since 2010 all the Tories have done is cut and cut. No I don’t think Foreign Aid should be cut to fund the Armed Forces, it should not be a choice, we should fund both adequately, your beloved Brexit is sucking money away from the things that need it and will continue to do so for a generation. I will however say that I am not confident in Corbyn’s commitment to the armed forces, and that is the worry.

How about we follow the Tories' recent idea of diverting our foreign aid budget to the Israeli armed forces instead?

I’d rather take a practical look at the potential problems we are likely to face today.

So in terms of safe and unimpeded passage on the high seas, and the security of our coastline, what do you think the potential problems we are likely to face today are? And secondly, how should these be addressed?

So in terms of safe and unimpeded passage on the high seas, and the security of our coastline, what do you think the potential problems we are likely to face today are? And secondly, how should these be addressed?

I was thinking more of the Country’s spiralling debts, the state of the NHS, elderly care, the housing crisis, the pension time-bomb, potentially catastrophic climate change, terrorism and energy security issues.

I’m sure pirates and smugglers are a problem but I’m not sure they are too high up the list - anyway, with the 5th/6th most powerful navy in the world we should be able to cope better than most.