All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

There's enough refutations of the far right. It's been all over the media for months and has been roundly denounced and derided by the vast majority of people. I have denounced them on a number of occasions including on here and I would be saying similar things that I am saying to you of anyone came on here attempting to excuse far right violence. No one has thus far so there is no need to do that but it's very troubling that you seemingly have a lot of difficulty denouncing this far left extremist violence.

It's hardly some saintly virtue to denounce violence in response to speech, it's basic common sense and the moderate position and reaction that virtually all sensible people would have. Resorting to comparing me to Trump when you are the one refusing to condemn violence is laughable.

I've never seen you write a single comment genuinely denouncing far right extremism without some mealy mouthed caveat about left wingers. Just like Trump.

Edited by Jonnyboy

I've got no problem with someone like Abu Hamza receiving a swift kick in the ********.

The problem is you Britain First apologists who want every Muslim banned from the country. Many, like Sour Mash, would like an entire group of people forcibly removed.

And those people with those wrong headed views deserve to be challenged. The difference is that you believe the likes of Sour Mash should get a kicking because he perpetuates hate speech.

I've never seen you write a single comment genuinely far right extremism without some mealy mouthed caveat about left wingers. Just like Trump.
You haven't been paying attention then. I roundly condemn hard right wing extremism and nazis. Every single sensible person does because the vast majority of people are not racist pieces of sh*t. I do however respect the rights of others to have an opinion and I won't be applauding violence against people just because I disagree with their opinion.

Now I have definitely never seen you condemn the hard left ever. Why is that I wonder?

I've got no problem with someone like Abu Hamza receiving a swift kick in the ********.

The problem is you Britain First apologists who want every Muslim banned from the country. Many, like Sour Mash, would like an entire group of people forcibly removed.

. Why are you making stuff up? Not floundering and losing yet another argument? :lol:

You haven't been paying attention then. I roundly condemn hard right wing extremism and nazis. Every single sensible person does because the vast majority of people are not racist pieces of sh*t. I do however respect the rights of others to have an opinion and I won't be applauding violence against people just because I disagree with their opinion.

Now I have definitely never seen you condemn the hard left ever. Why is that I wonder?

I've never claimed to be Mr balanced and centre ground. I don't agree with some sort of communist revolution where all the wealthy people are executed (the real hard left) although the French did have some good ideas.

Of course there are always morons who take it too far but in general why would I condemn my side of the debate?

I've never claimed to be Mr balanced and centre ground. I don't agree with some sort of communist revolution where all the wealthy people are executed (the real hard left) although the French did have some good ideas.

Of course there are always morons who take it too far but in general why would I condemn my side of the debate?

So you are aligning yourself with those members in antifa who violently attack people? I certainly don't believe that white nationalists and nazis are on "my side of the debate" even though presumably they would disagree with the violent hard left too. Just because you have some views in common with them does not mean you cannot condemn their violent actions. Unless you agree with their violent behaviour of course.

So you are aligning yourself with those members in antifa who violently attack people? I certainly don't believe that white nationalists and nazis are on "my side of the debate" even though presumably they would disagree with the violent hard left too. Just because you have some views in common with them does not mean you cannot condemn their violent actions. Unless you agree with their violent behaviour of course.

Here we go again with the Hypo-Ghandhi.

Do you accept that Richard Spender is a Neo-Nazi? You've just said above that you condemn all these "racist pieces of sh*t"

Sorry to break Godwin's Law but maybe if a few right minded people had given Adolf a couple of slaps at his early rallies maybe a bit of bloodshed would've been avoided in the long run. But no, you had the Hypo-Ghandhis down at the front screaming "freedom of speech" and leaving frothy spittle in the faces of the Jews and the disabled.

Do you accept that Richard Spender is a Neo-Nazi? You've just said above that you condemn all these "racist pieces of sh*t"

Sorry to break Godwin's Law but maybe if a few right minded people had given Adolf a couple of slaps at his early rallies maybe a bit of bloodshed would've been avoided in the long run. But no, you had the Hypo-Ghandhis down at the front screaming "freedom of speech" and leaving frothy spittle in the faces of the Jews and the disabled.

It's just bizarre that you think that condemning violence like the vast majority of regular people would do makes me ghandhi - it doesn't it makes me a normal person.

I don't know an awful lot about Richard Spencer but from what I've seen it suggests that he could certainly be classed as a white supremacist and I would absolutely condemn his views in that regard. Attacking Richard Spencer by punching him in the face in the street isn't going to defeat any white nationalist ideas, all it will do is drive it underground where it is potentially far more insidious and destructive. I want white supremacists and nazis out in the open where they can be seen and their ideas challenged. Do you really think violently beating someone is going to change ideas for the better?

I vehemently disagree with many of your comrades who would love nothing better than the overthrow of the capitalist system to be replaced by some communist regime but I would absolutely allow them the freedom to voice their opinions. It's truly odd that you consider that some sort of godly trait on a par with ghandhi when really it's just the normal actions of people who believe in freedom of expression and the right not to be violently acted on due to your words.

As soon as you become physically violent then you've lost the argument.

Edited by shurlock
wrong video

Can you imagine if Farage for years had an affiliated rent a mob that would show up to Labour rallies/conferences, and proceed to intimidate, spit on, hurl abuse at any members of the public attending. They'd be outcry, but Farage had it for years and no one really cared because him and his supporters were fair game to a lot of the left/media.

With all the Corbynmania of the true believers in Brighton it is often forgotten that Labour lost the general election against the worst campaigning Tory leader

in living memory. It is worth reminding those outside the Brighton bubble that most voters still rate him behind ‘Don’t Know’ as the best Prime Minister.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

The problem is that by the time the next election rolls around, the Tories should be even more unpopular. It's not that I particularly want the Conservatives in power but corbyn would be about 100 times worse.

The problem is that by the time the next election rolls around, the Tories should be even more unpopular. It's not that I particularly want the Conservatives in power but corbyn would be about 100 times worse.

Exactly, I've voted for both labour and tories in the past. Whilst I think this current government is weak and needs to have someone take hold and start running things properly, the alternative scares the **** out of me. The problem is the younger generation don't remember what it was like to have daily power cuts, rubbish piled up in the streets, unions bullying companies out of existence. They seem to have been indoctrinated from school, then uni that anything the tories do is evil, whereas anything labour do is 'for the people'.

Exactly, I've voted for both labour and tories in the past. Whilst I think this current government is weak and needs to have someone take hold and start running things properly, the alternative scares the **** out of me. The problem is the younger generation don't remember what it was like to have daily power cuts, rubbish piled up in the streets, unions bullying companies out of existence. They seem to have been indoctrinated from school, then uni that anything the tories do is evil, whereas anything labour do is 'for the people'.

To be fair, everything was sh!tter years ago. I grew up in the Thatcher years and remember power cuts, strikes, riots etc. My school was a complete dump with a different supply teacher every week, school trips cancelled, sports teams cancelled etc. Doesn't mean the same will happen with the Tories nowadays.

The problem is that by the time the next election rolls around, the Tories should be even more unpopular.

I'm not so sure. The Tories need to play the long game & need May to stay in place taking all the flak. Once Brexits over she needs to stand aside to be replaced by someone fresh & young. They'll get a honeymoon period before going to the country. Personally I'd go for Priti Patel. Imagine her, a bird from Ugandan Indian decent in her 50's going up against privileged white old men in Cable & Corbyn. If Brexit's gone, done , finto , the Tory remain areas will probably come back into the fold ( at least the ones without the younger demographics) and can you really see Corbyn winning another 60 odd seats. They'll probably make lots of gains in Jocksville , but that's just rearranging anti Tory votes. They'll probably need to take 30 seats directly off the Tories, can they do that with Corbyn? One thing is sure, the Tories won't run such a bad campaign, and if reports are to be beloved, a lot of labour incumbents went with the line that Corbyn couldn't win, so vote for me to limit May's majority. If people think Corbyn could win, that may put people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

To be fair, everything was sh!tter years ago. I grew up in the Thatcher years and remember power cuts, strikes, riots etc. My school was a complete dump with a different supply teacher every week, school trips cancelled, sports teams cancelled etc. Doesn't mean the same will happen with the Tories nowadays.
I'm not old enough to remember the country under Harold Wilson but my father certainly is which is another reason I am utterly opposed to a country run by those type of people.

Lol I see what you did there. To be fair to Thatcher she had a right mess to sort out, the country was known as the sick man of Europe, it needed sorting and the unions strangle hold on everything had to be released, as the unions saw their grip being loosened, of course they were going to cause as much havoc as possible, thankfully what was done then, I believe, led to the good times we've all experienced since the 90s. I remember being sent home from school every lunch time as the teachers were striking, my clothes were nearly all second hand as we could never afford new stuff, the young today don't realise how hard things were back then, if they did they might stop and think before voting Corbyn in.

The problem as I see it is that this all moves in cycles, labour come in, spend spend spend, eventually money runs out, businesses leave/go bust, unemployment rises etc. The tories get voted in as everyone is sick of this, they have to introduce strict measures to get control of the economy etc. this works for a while, then people forget about the hard times before, they get sick of having to cut their cloths, the left keep on about how unfair everything is, blah blah blah, they eventually get voted in and we start the cycle again.

There needs to be a middle ground where both sides are kept in check, this is why Blair managed to stay in power for so long, unfortunately him and his cronies left the country in a mess when they were eventually kicked out, now we're back to repairing the damage and no one likes that.

What does scare me is Corbyn and his ilk getting into power, he'll take the country back decades with his hard left policies. Interest rates will rise and people will lose their jobs and homes.

We need a new party that takes the best from both sides and really works for the people, instead of the "I'm left, everything the right do is evil" and the "I'm right everything the left do is irresponsible".

Good post Millbrook I think you have articulated the concerns of the majority well. I think a new party could potentially be very popular as long as it's not just the New Labour lot with a new name. Moderates currently have no one to vote for and many are left voting for a Tory party they don't truly believe in my default because the thought of a hard left Labour in power is scary.

Lol I see what you did there. To be fair to Thatcher she had a right mess to sort out, the country was known as the sick man of Europe, it needed sorting and the unions strangle hold on everything had to be released, as the unions saw their grip being loosened, of course they were going to cause as much havoc as possible, thankfully what was done then, I believe, led to the good times we've all experienced since the 90s. I remember being sent home from school every lunch time as the teachers were striking, my clothes were nearly all second hand as we could never afford new stuff, the young today don't realise how hard things were back then, if they did they might stop and think before voting Corbyn in.

The problem as I see it is that this all moves in cycles, labour come in, spend spend spend, eventually money runs out, businesses leave/go bust, unemployment rises etc. The tories get voted in as everyone is sick of this, they have to introduce strict measures to get control of the economy etc. this works for a while, then people forget about the hard times before, they get sick of having to cut their cloths, the left keep on about how unfair everything is, blah blah blah, they eventually get voted in and we start the cycle again.

There needs to be a middle ground where both sides are kept in check, this is why Blair managed to stay in power for so long, unfortunately him and his cronies left the country in a mess when they were eventually kicked out, now we're back to repairing the damage and no one likes that.

What does scare me is Corbyn and his ilk getting into power, he'll take the country back decades with his hard left policies. Interest rates will rise and people will lose their jobs and homes.

We need a new party that takes the best from both sides and really works for the people, instead of the "I'm left, everything the right do is evil" and the "I'm right everything the left do is irresponsible".

I don't disagree, I can't stand the red v blue ****** we are stuck with. It's a choice between a bunch of c*nts and a bunch of well-meaning idiots.

If the Tories make a complete mess of Brexit I think there is a fair chance of the well meaning idiots taking charge.

The whole Brexit debacle showed how defunct our electoral system is. I wonder how many idiot retainers out there - who keep banging on about Brexit being the end of the World - still went on and voted Tory (the most pro hard Brexit party there is) just because they didn't like the other guy and it's a straight choice between red and blue?

Edited by aintforever

I'm not old enough to remember the country under Harold Wilson but my father certainly is which is another reason I am utterly opposed to a country run by those type of people.

What type of people Harold Wilson was a clever decent man.

I would surprise you could say the same about Cameron Osborne Gove Boris IDS Tebbitt

I would surprise you could say the same about Cameron Osborne Gove Boris IDS Tebbitt

OK mate keep telling yourself that. It says a lot that mcdonnell himself expects a run on the pound we're they to get into power. It's like he doesn't give a stuff about what happens to the country as long as he can push his extremist ideology onto the country. I don't want anyone near power that admires communist dictators and brandishes little red books in his speeches. No one has said that Corbyn is not a decent bloke but I don't want him or his comrades anywhere near the wheels of power, the prospect is frightening.

Also the less said about the likes of Diane Abbott who no doubt would be given a prominent position running the country the better.

Edited by hypochondriac

Decent he might have been, well-meaning he might have been, but I remember him going cap in hand to the IMF to get us out of the mire at the cost of devaluation.

Remember 'this won't affect the pound in your pocket'?

Labour have always mismanaged the economy, and given a chance, always will.

"We'll borrow it" says Skinner only a few days ago, forgetting as usual that a debt has to be repaid.

Nonsense. The tories have been as guilty as labour in running up the debt and deficit. Their record for economic management is vastly overrated.

Do you trust corbyn to sort out the economy given his stated aims and the lack of money to actually do it?

No for reasons I've stated before. It also partly reflects the scale of the problems he'd inherit. At the same time, i don't buy the idea that he wants to turn the UK into Venezuela. That's utterly ridiculous.

Edited by shurlock

The idea that the Tories are more trustworthy than Labour when it comes to managing the country's finances is a myth...

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

Unemployment has ALWAYS been higher after a Labour Government. The fact they are the party of the 'working' man, is quite laughable really. Sure some tory governments have got it wrong, but others haven't...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've never seen you write a single comment genuinely denouncing far right extremism without some mealy mouthed caveat about left wingers. Just like Trump.

WHITE NATIONALISM IS AS MUCH OF A THREAT TO U.S. AS ISIS, FBI'S OPEN INVESTIGATIONS SHOW

http://www.newsweek.com/white-nationalism-much-threat-us-isis-fbis-open-investigations-show-672623

Antifa boo hoo.

No for reasons I've stated before. It also partly reflects the scale of the problems he'd inherit. At the same time, i don't buy the idea that he wants to turn the UK into Venezuela. That's utterly ridiculous.
I don't think it will be that extreme either but the fact that he praises regimes like that is of huge concern.

“We take both of them very, very seriously,”*The Hill*reported Wray as saying. “Our focus is on violence and threats of violence against the people of this country. That’s our concern; it’s not ideology.”

Good to know. If they keep to that philosophy then both extremes will be dealt with when they turn violent.

So you wont remember the 3 day week and the shambles under Heath either then? Did your father tell you about that too? The country was in a total shambles and neither party came out with any credit. You might want to broaden your idea of "those type of people."

So you wont remember the 3 day week and the shambles under Heath either then? Did your father tell you about that too? The country was in a total shambles and neither party came out with any credit. You might want to broaden your idea of "those type of people."
Thanks soggy but I don't need a lecture from someone as ill informed as you. I'm well aware of the downsides of tory doctrine but I'd infinitely rather be governed by them than the hard left which is the option that corbyn offers.

Part of me thinks that today's nippers need a dose of Corbyn in practise , so they can see how bad it really will be. The problem is the damage he'll do in his one term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you scared of old boy? How does the the national debt impact you? Imagine the rail shambles not running on that beautiful private enterprise model Southern Rail.

Do you think corbyn will be able to afford all the promises his party have made?

I'm not really qualified to answer that as I confess that my understanding of economics is very limited. On paper, they have costed everything they want to pay for and stated how the revenue will be raised. As to how that would work in practice I can't really say.

I was just pointing out that there is a constant narrative that Labour = bad for the economy and that Tories = good for the economy, but the statistics show that narrative to be false.

What are you scared of old boy? How does the the national debt impact you? Imagine the rail shambles not running on that beautiful private enterprise model Southern Rail.
Yep, can't wait for the renationalised train operators to become as efficient and reliable as the already nationalised Network Rail... ;)

Thanks soggy but I don't need a lecture from someone as ill informed as you. I'm well aware of the downsides of tory doctrine but I'd infinitely rather be governed by them than the hard left which is the option that corbyn offers.

So you've inherited the ill-informed prejudice of your father. Well done.

That's like saying I won't have maths lesson from a teacher who can also speak French.
Not really. Since your judgement appears to be so fatally flawed with regards the hard left, it makes me question your judgements in other areas too. Of course you would accuse me of being ill informed since it doesn't suit your hard left agenda. Thankfully according to the polls the majority of the British public have not been hoodwinked and agree with me. Let's hope it stays that way.

“We take both of them very, very seriously,”*The Hill*reported Wray as saying. “Our focus is on violence and threats of violence against the people of this country. That’s our concern; it’s not ideology.”

Good to know. If they keep to that philosophy then both extremes will be dealt with when they turn violent.

But it’s not referring to the left - it’s referring to white supremacists and homegrown Islamacist extremism. You never did respond to the follow-up Beinart article, though you were originally very keen to cite him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/what-trump-gets-wrong-about-antifa/537048/

Edited by shurlock

But it’s not referring to the left - it’s referring to white supremacists and homegrown Islamacist extremism. You never did respond to the follow-up Beinart article, though you were originally very keen to cite him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/what-trump-gets-wrong-about-antifa/537048/

They specifically said they are focused on violence and threats of violence against people in the US and that the actual ideology is irrelevant. If this is true then that's great because it will automatically encompass all ideologies that threaten violence on others which will include swathes of antifa along with violent white supremacists. Seems like we are on the same page here.

Not really. Since your judgement appears to be so fatally flawed with regards the hard left, it makes me question your judgements in other areas too. Of course you would accuse me of being ill informed since it doesn't suit your hard left agenda. Thankfully according to the polls the majority of the British public have not been hoodwinked and agree with me. Let's hope it stays that way.

Hard left, lol. You actually believe the Express and Mail when they claim Corbyn will turn the UK into North Korea with no free speech and no private property. And you question my judgement #gullible #hypoghandi

Hard left, lol. You actually believe the Express and Mail when they claim Corbyn will turn the UK into North Korea with no free speech and no private property. And you question my judgement #gullible #hypoghandi
Yes I consider those who use violence to further their political aims to be the hard left- the same group whose violence you refuse to condemn which says a whole lot about the type of person you are. You're the one whose jumping to idiotic extremes about north Korea and invoking rags like the mail or express when I haven't mentioned anything like that you're just making yourself look foolish. I hope you realise it's possible to have legitimate criticisms and concerns with regards to a corbyn leadership without believing propaganda pieces from right wing newspapers. I consider the extremist elements of a corbyn government such as momentum and mcdonnell to be horrendous for the country if they ever got into power and it has nothing to do with your infantile comparisons to North Korea. Edited by hypochondriac

Forget Corbyn. Take a peek through the curtains and see what's lurking in the shadows behind him.