All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

• 2 weeks later...

So labour table an amendment to the finance bill which forces the Treasury to produce impact assessments of the budget on inequality and child poverty, the DUP vote with them, but it still fails. Why? because some labour MP’s were absent for the vote, including the right honourable member for Islington North, Mr J Corbyn. ****ing red Tory, helping May out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Seriously the only person I know of who hasn’t thought this ia good idea. Why can’t they have some electable people instead of out of touch idiots.

ad64a300c6b4ab386ce24e8b130146bd.jpg

Can’t believe Abbott said that, what a naive idiot. Of course the police have the power to do that, and if necessary they should. Moped gangs are highly dangerous in London and spreading to other cities - muggings, burglaries but also acid attacks and stabbings.

Another example of why Corbyn in power would be just as bad, if not worse, than the current shower.

FFS - politics in this country down the tubes, with the LDs disappearing as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Jezza stuck between a rock and a hard place here. He can bring down the Government and/or force a General Election, but likely would be in the same position as May with no majority. He clearly doesn't want to stay in the EU, but knows that without campaigning for a 2nd referendum he isn't certain of victory. There is a small chance of a UKIP/Lib Dem surge actually costing him if he makes the wrong decision.

The Labour Party has not been 'torn apart' in the same way as the Tories because he has kept very quiet and not offended either side. However at some point he will need to make a decision and currently the only one that pretty much guarantees power would go against everything he believes in. Ouch!

And yet as far as the BBC are concerned, the biggest story is the fact that the FCO are blaming the hack on the Russians, and not the revelations themselves. Hardly surprising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46509956

So, why won't JC nail his colours to the post and tell us what a Labour Government would do about Brexit, rather than just throwing stones from across the road. And why won't he table a vote of no confidence in the Government? The man has lost his only vote-able asset, which was his principles.

Because if Labour do it it will be seen as vote of no confidence in the Government and Tory MPs will rally round the flag, but if the Tories knife May themselves anything could happen

Perhaps it is time to start a "Theresa May and the death of the Conservative Party" thread?

Might be better to start a "British politicians and death of Politics" thread...there isn't a single political party in the Uk I want to give my vote to at the moment.

Edited by doddisalegend

So, why won't JC nail his colours to the post and tell us what a Labour Government would do about Brexit, rather than just throwing stones from across the road. And why won't he table a vote of no confidence in the Government? The man has lost his only vote-able asset, which was his principles.

Despite his calls for an election (which is probably unlikely in the short term), he's happy to sit back and let the Tories carry on fighting amongst themselves and pushing their party into an almighty split.

The whole red v blue first past the post system is just dated and dysfunctional. The Tories are devided and most Labour MPs hate their leader yet neither can split because they know it will just open the door for the opposition.

If there is another GE I will just vote Lib Dem as usual because by chance I just happen to live in an area that is yellow v blue. It would be nice for one day being able to vote for a party I would most want to win and have my vote actually count.

The whole red v blue first past the post system is just dated and dysfunctional. The Tories are devided and most Labour MPs hate their leader yet neither can split because they know it will just open the door for the opposition.

If there is another GE I will just vote Lib Dem as usual because by chance I just happen to live in an area that is yellow v blue. It would be nice for one day being able to vote for a party I would most want to win and have my vote actually count.

First you have to find a party that stands for what you do. I know that's what I find most difficult at present.

He’s like a little kid, when he’s caught out he just lies. He clearly says stupid women in response to what May said. I don’t understand what wrong or sexist with calling someone a stupid women, but lying that you did so is pathetic.

Bercow also making a part of himself, but showing exactly why labour excused his bullying behaviour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk