All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Well well, evidence has emerged that the Labour Member who was accused of sharing Holocaust denying material actually resigned their membership as soon as they were notified of being investigated. If this is genuine I hope Andrew Neil will apologise.

Screenshot-20191127-072936.png

agnipath poem lyrics

I don't think you realise it, but you've just summarised perfectly the entire issue within Corbyn's Labour. Seriously, well done.

Well well, evidence has emerged that the Labour Member who was accused of sharing Holocaust denying material actually resigned their membership as soon as they were notified of being investigated. If this is genuine I hope Andrew Neil will apologise.

agnipath poem lyrics

I don't think you realise it, but you've just summarised perfectly the entire issue within Corbyn's Labour. Seriously, well done.

agnipath poem lyrics

There may be more to the smoking gun;

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1109816941798133762.html

agnipath poem lyrics

There may be more to the smoking gun;

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1109816941798133762.html

At the end of the day it seems to me that JC has a lot of time for the Palestinians and so may well not appreciate Israel. I myself have sympathy for the Palestinians as they do seem to get a raw deal. I didnt watch the interview but Corbyn was not on form it seems and had to admit it is not just the few who are going to be taxed, the low income taxpayers are as well to a tune of £250 minimum.

At the end of the day it seems to me that JC has a lot of time for the Palestinians and so may well not appreciate Israel. I myself have sympathy for the Palestinians as they do seem to get a raw deal. I didnt watch the interview but Corbyn was not on form it seems and had to admit it is not just the few who are going to be taxed, the low income taxpayers are as well to a tune of £250 minimum.

Leaving aside the exact figures, that’s the conceit of Corbyn’s Labour. Yes high earners should be taxed proportionately more -and can be taxed more than they currently are- but ultimately if you want high quality public services, everyone has to pay more. That’s how public services are funded in the Nordic countries. If Corbyn has the strength of his convictions, he should be honest with the electorate about the trade-offs involved rather than pretend it can get something for nothing as someone else is footing the bill. The alternative is neither economically nor politically sustainable.

Leaving aside the exact figures, that’s the conceit of Corbyn’s Labour. Yes high earners should be taxed proportionately more -and can be taxed more than they currently are- but ultimately if you want high quality public services, everyone has to pay more. That’s how public services are funded in the Nordic countries. If Corbyn has the strength of his convictions, he should be honest with the electorate about the trade-offs involved rather than pretend it can get something for nothing as someone else is footing the bill. The alternative is neither economically nor politically sustainable.

Agree with that

I have no problem paying a bit more tax,if it finds the right destination. I would be happier if it meant more people lifted from paying tax at the lower levels. They work hard and need to feel it is worthwhile.

Only last week someone I know was offered a promotion and payrise but turned it down as they would loss benefits ,is this how it all should work?

Apologising for hurt caused by something that is said IS NOT apologising for the thing that is said.

You are saying 'I'm sorry you find this offensive'.

"I recognise that anti-Semitism has surfaced within the Labour Party, and has too often been dismissed as simply a matter of a few bad apples.

"This has caused pain and hurt to Jewish members of our party and to the wider Jewish community in Britain.

"I am sincerely sorry for the pain which has been caused, and pledge to redouble my efforts to bring this anxiety to an end."

Not sure what else you want him to say?

"I recognise that anti-Semitism has surfaced within the Labour Party, and has too often been dismissed as simply a matter of a few bad apples.

"This has caused pain and hurt to Jewish members of our party and to the wider Jewish community in Britain.

"I am sincerely sorry for the pain which has been caused, and pledge to redouble my efforts to bring this anxiety to an end."

Not sure what else you want him to say?

"I'm sorry for what was said" , is very different to "I'm sorry if you were upset by what was said".

He says the latter. It is what is known as a 'non-apology'.

"Member of Labour put up for interview on Radio 4's Today programme by Labour, defends Labour shocker"

Edited by Nolan

Oh, Jonny.... You're not very good at this are you.

Speaking on the election campaign trail during a visit to Cornwall, Johnson was asked if he would apologise for the Islamophobia that has taken place in his party.

"Of course, and for all the hurt and offence that has been caused,? he responded.

"And all that is intolerable and it's so important as a country that we don't allow that kind of thing and that's why we're going to have the independent inquiry. We are going to have an independent inquiry into Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, every manner of prejudice and discrimination and it will start before Christmas," he said.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/boris-johnson-apologises-for-islamophobia-in-his-party-pledges-inquiry/ar-BBXqunE

Oh, Jonny.... You're not very good at this are you.

Speaking on the election campaign trail during a visit to Cornwall, Johnson was asked if he would apologise for the Islamophobia that has taken place in his party.

"Of course, and for all the hurt and offence that has been caused,? he responded.

"And all that is intolerable and it's so important as a country that we don't allow that kind of thing and that's why we're going to have the independent inquiry. We are going to have an independent inquiry into Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, every manner of prejudice and discrimination and it will start before Christmas," he said.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/boris-johnson-apologises-for-islamophobia-in-his-party-pledges-inquiry/ar-BBXqunE

And people call Corbyn supporters gullible?! :lol:

And people call Corbyn supporters gullible?! :lol:

I know. It’s amazing isn’t it. You can’t believe a single word that he says and we all know he will say anything to get himself off the hook but people still swallow that guff. Remember, this was the man who said that Muslim women look like letter boxes and bank robbers. Will he be investigating himself?

Have you actually read his article "Denmark has got it wrong. Yes, the burka is oppressive and ridiculous – but that's still no reason to ban it"?

If you tell me that the burka is oppressive, then I am with you. If you say that it is weird and bullying to expect women to cover their faces, then I totally agree – and I would add that I can find no scriptural authority for the practice in the Koran. I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes; and I thoroughly dislike any attempt by any – invariably male – government to encourage such demonstrations of “modesty”, notably the extraordinary exhortations of President Ramzan Kadyrov of Chechnya, who has told the men of his country to splat their women with paintballs if they fail to cover their heads.

If a constituent came to my MP’s surgery with her face obscured, I should feel fully entitled – like Jack Straw – to ask her to remove it so that I could talk to her properly. If a female student turned up at school or at a university lecture looking like a bank robber then ditto: those in authority should be allowed to converse openly with those that they are being asked to instruct. As for individual businesses or branches of government – they should of course be able to enforce a dress code that enables their employees to interact with customers; and that means human beings must be able to see each other’s faces and read their expressions. It’s how we work.

All that seems to me to be sensible. But such restrictions are not quite the same as telling a free-born adult woman what she may or may not wear, in a public place, when she is simply minding her own business.

[emoji599] BREAKING: Video emerges of @jeremycorbyn bashing the @BBCWorld on Iranian TV for “believing that Israel has a right to exist.” https://t.co/OounUIxtyi

I've always believed that it is a disgrace that the BBC dishes out propaganda like "Israel is a democracy" and "Israel has a right to exist" so to be fair to the Cretin he's absolutely bang on the money.

This will be a massive vote-winner in Doncaster and Bishop Auckland so I would think the party will go big with this message over the weekend now that the footage has resurfaced.

[emoji599] BREAKING: Video emerges of @jeremycorbyn bashing the @BBCWorld on Iranian TV for “believing that Israel has a right to exist.” https://t.co/OounUIxtyi

I've always believed that it is a disgrace that the BBC dishes out propaganda like "Israel is a democracy" and "Israel has a right to exist" so to be fair to the Cretin he's absolutely bang on the money.

This will be a massive vote-winner in Doncaster and Bishop Auckland so I would think the party will go big with this message over the weekend now that the footage has resurfaced.

Right wing lies!!!

50da036c32c571f29a85f5dd6b1418ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are completely wrong about the loss of £250 for low earners. If one in a marriage is a low earner who earns less then their tax-free allowance they can transfer up to £1,250 of their allowance to their partner if the partner pays tax. Therefore it is a MAXIMUM of £250, not a minimun, and that loss is in a two-wage/ salary family. It is a discriminatory tax and an anomaly aimed at encouraging marriage.

Sounds like you are easily fooled by soundbites peddled by politicians to mask the good aspects of their opponent's manifesto. Good luck to you, you're gonna need it.

You are completely wrong about the loss of £250 for low earners. If one in a marriage is a low earner who earns less then their tax-free allowance they can transfer up to £1,250 of their allowance to their partner if the partner pays tax. Therefore it is a MAXIMUM of £250, not a minimun, and that loss is in a two-wage/ salary family. It is a discriminatory tax and an anomaly aimed at encouraging marriage.

Sounds like you are easily fooled by soundbites peddled by politicians to mask the good aspects of their opponent's manifesto. Good luck to you, you're gonna need it.

Well perhaps you should have pointed that out to JC when he was interviewed by Andrew Neill. 'only those on 8k will pay more tax' I think his words were

Well perhaps you should have pointed that out to JC when he was interviewed by Andrew Neill. 'only those on 8k will pay more tax' I think his words were

Gosh, why didn't I think of that. What a sensible reply. I bow to your superior intelligence.

But £8k?!!! You really weren't paying attention were you. And your ignorance is inexcusable - there are plenty of other places you could have found out the facts (though not the Daily Mail).

Gosh, why didn't I think of that. What a sensible reply. I bow to your superior intelligence.

But £8k?!!! You really weren't paying attention were you. And your ignorance is inexcusable - there are plenty of other places you could have found out the facts (though not the Daily Mail).

but jezza has admitted those on the lower end of the pay scale will not pay more tax...but, have advantages taken away.

there is a difference you know

yes I was incorrect it was of course £80k no doubt a person of your self pronounced intelligence would have realised that. I suppose to be fair it was the same mistake as JC thinking the Xmas message was in the morning and he watches it,