Saints on BT Sport - what can I watch?

jawillwill

This may well have already been discussed elsewhere, but BT sport now have the rights to show all European matches. Does anyone know of that includes qualifying rounds and/or the first knock out round?

I have BT TV but not BT infinity (internet is fast enough as it is so don't want/need to pay more if I can avoid it). I.e. I have access to BT Sport 1 and 2 and ESPN on the app, but not directly on my TV. That's no problem with Chromecast though. Does anyone know if the new BT Europe channel will be available on the app / or on TV for non-infinity customers? Is this different to BT Showcase which has now shown up on my TV?

With lots of matches running simultaneously, presumably there'll be some kind of red-button multi screen thing on TV. Does anyone know if I will have an option to have this choice of matches via the app? I'm guessing, generally, they'll put Liverpool/Spurs as their featured games each week, not saints.

Before anyone says anything, yes I know pretty much every match can be streamed somewhere but I'd prefer to avoid the hassle, malware and 3 billion knob enlargement adverts every week (I don't think they're targetted ads...).

I searched Bt sports website and it is totally ****e on the subject of Europa. No info of any games past this week's. Keeps talking about Prem and CL games only. Jeez...

The only have the rights from the group stages. Hence why they wont have info yet about any games.

Any broadcaster is able to buy qualifying games on a match by match process and I guess this is why there is the delay on the kick off time for next week as the club will be in talks to have it televised.

I decided in June to switch to BT Infinity Broadband and BT TV partly because of the Europa League coverage and the fact that I shall be abroad still when Saints play the first leg against Vitesse. I'm still waiting for the service to be activated after four failed appontments and a service engineer turning up to install a phone line I already have. There's more, the Call Centre in India and the poor *****rs who've been given dud scripts, but I won't bore you with the details. Just think very carefully about going with BT. They are seriously sh1te.

I decided in June to switch to BT Infinity Broadband and BT TV partly because of the Europa League coverage and the fact that I shall be abroad still when Saints play the first leg against Vitesse. I'm still waiting for the service to be activated after four failed appontments and a service engineer turning up to install a phone line I already have. There's more, the Call Centre in India and the poor *****rs who've been given dud scripts, but I won't bore you with the details. Just think very carefully about going with BT. They are seriously sh1te.

The call centre in India- but, but, they tell me their name is James on the other end of the line :o

We have just left BT because of these issues, customer service is a very long way down BT's priorities and i would advice people to avoid if possible, stream it or pay sky to add the chanel

For their internet service they still use silverlight despite pretty much every other streaming service moving to native HTML5. I get constant video codec errors, so although I am a legitimate customer it is simpler for me to use sportsnation / p2p services.

Lots of sports bars will show the saints game, just ask at the bar if its not on, they will then find the channel and put it on, they have for me in the past.

Provided they have BT sport of course. Many dont. Sky prices for bars have ramped up hugely over the years, so it is costly enough to have just Sky. I dont know if BT prices have gone up because of their new content this coming season but would not be surprised.

Probably a stupid question but I'm away in Turkey for both games ... Does anyone know how to get the app to work out there or is it just a case of finding a stream somewhere?

Basically my question, but relating to France! Alternatively, anyone know of a sports bar in the Sarlat/Gourdon area?

BT Sport Europe HD & XL TV - Update

football-hub-icon.pngIf the football’s on, it’s on Virgin Media

BT Sport Europe HD will join BT Sport channels - 1 HD, 2HD and BT Sport ESPN HD - on the Virgin Media platform from launch on 1st August and will be available to all TV XL customers and TV customers taking BT Sport as a bolt on.

In addition to BT Sport Europe HD, we have added more HD channels including Nat Geo Wild HD and Lifestyle HD.

Our TV Anywhere service offers 100 live channels to enjoy over WiFi and is currently the UK’s most comprehensive TV on-the-go service.

Our extended contract with BT means that in addition to the Uefa Champions League and Europa League matches, TV XL customers can enjoy a wide variety of sports content including: English Premier League Football (38 matches), FA Cup (25 matches), Aviva Premiership Rugby (69 matches), up to 500 matches from across the German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1, UFC, NBA (basketball), MLB (Baseball) and Moto GP.

There are more games than there are days in the year!

Subscribers will be able to stream matches live on TV Anywhere via tablets, mobiles, laptops and PCs.

You’ll also get access to BT Sport Extra (which is BT’s interactive red button content), allowing you to watch all eight matches during the UEFA Champions League group stages.

http://virg.in/allthefootball #AllTheFootball

That's quite a big boost for Virgin Media, it's £24 a month in HD for BT Sport if you're a SKY customer without BT broadband (which would include me, but I'm not blooming well paying that).

I use Sports Media, which enables me to stream BT Sport. I'll be at the game on Thursday night. Does anybody know if BT Sport are likely to repeat the game on the Friday at all, as I could watch it on Sports Media then?

That's quite a big boost for Virgin Media, it's £24 a month in HD for BT Sport if you're a SKY customer without BT broadband (which would include me, but I'm not blooming well paying that).

I use Sports Media, which enables me to stream BT Sport. I'll be at the game on Thursday night. Does anybody know if BT Sport are likely to repeat the game on the Friday at all, as I could watch it on Sports Media then?

I'll check the planner and tell you on Facebook. :)

I looked into getting BT Sport for Sky and it was £24 a month, as others have said above, absolutely no way in hell I'm paying that.

£24 is extortionate, and absolutely no way I'm using some Malware-ridden streaming site either, words cannot describe how much I detest watching anything on a streaming site, I'd rather not watch it if it's not on TV than watch it on a stream, only in extreme circumstances will I put a stream on. Been putting up with 2mbps broadband connection for what seems like an eternity, have finally snapped and ordered Unlimited BT Infinity a couple of weeks ago with the BT Sport HD pack, hate the thought of giving skate c@nts like Ian Darke and David James money towards their salary, but I've just got to be able to watch the Champions League, it's the pinnacle of World Football for me.

Cancelling my current broadband contract and my second BT line which should save £43 odd

Edited by BlakeySFC

BT Sport Europe HD & XL TV - Update

football-hub-icon.pngIf the football’s on, it’s on Virgin Media

BT Sport Europe HD will join BT Sport channels - 1 HD, 2HD and BT Sport ESPN HD - on the Virgin Media platform from launch on 1st August and will be available to all TV XL customers and TV customers taking BT Sport as a bolt on.

In addition to BT Sport Europe HD, we have added more HD channels including Nat Geo Wild HD and Lifestyle HD.

Our TV Anywhere service offers 100 live channels to enjoy over WiFi and is currently the UK’s most comprehensive TV on-the-go service.

Our extended contract with BT means that in addition to the Uefa Champions League and Europa League matches, TV XL customers can enjoy a wide variety of sports content including: English Premier League Football (38 matches), FA Cup (25 matches), Aviva Premiership Rugby (69 matches), up to 500 matches from across the German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1, UFC, NBA (basketball), MLB (Baseball) and Moto GP.

There are more games than there are days in the year!

Subscribers will be able to stream matches live on TV Anywhere via tablets, mobiles, laptops and PCs.

You’ll also get access to BT Sport Extra (which is BT’s interactive red button content), allowing you to watch all eight matches during the UEFA Champions League group stages.

http://virg.in/allthefootball #AllTheFootball

Just had an email from Virgin telling me my subscription is going up £3 a month to continue to get BT Sport and the new Europe channel.