2015/16 - 1st year scholars

Matthew Le God

Whoever it was that said only two under 16's had been given contracts was wrong.

Perhaps they were referring to 2 out of the players that were already affiliated to the club? From that video it looks like quite a few have come from outside the club? Not sure without seeing the original quote.

That is what they said and its wrong.

Before you start accusing perhaps its you that needs to get facts right! Most of those are recents - hardly any were from

within. I know that as I watched them.

I know you love the limelight as the all singing dancing disciple of truth but you are wrong here!! FACT

Whoever it was that said only two under 16's had been given contracts was wrong.

Before you start accusing perhaps its you that needs to get facts right! Most of those are recents - hardly any were from

within. I know that as I watched them.

I know you love the limelight as the all singing dancing disciple of truth but you are wrong here!! FACT

Really?

Ben Rowthorn

Calum Slattery

Ben Cull

Tyreke Johnson

Connor Langan

Were all in Southampton's under 16's.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Was in that age group of under 15s....always played up ....

Born on 8th February 1999 shows that is wrong. That puts him in the same age bracket as all the others. Yes, he played for the under 18s and under 21s last season, but he was in the under 16 age bracket, not under 15.

If he was a year younger, then he'd be going to school in September 2015, not joining as a 1st year scholar and training every day at Staplewood.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Born on 8th February 1999 shows that is wrong. That puts him in the same age bracket as all the others. Yes, he played for the under 18s and under 21s last season, but he was in the under 16 age bracket.

If he was a year younger, then he'd be going to school in September 2015, not joining as a 1st year scholar and training every day at Staplewood.

You are a very dull man.

Born on 8th February 1999 shows that is wrong. That puts him in the same age bracket as all the others. Yes, he played for the under 18s and under 21s last season, but he was in the under 16 age bracket, not under 15.

The academy lads do get schooling and taught there depending on age 2-3 days a week .

I may be wrong on one as the lad I was comparing is this years u16 and plated up a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong on one as the lad I was comparing is this years u16 and plated up a year

You are, as if he qualified as an under 15 in 2015/16 he wouldn't be able to sign as a 1st year scholar. Plus his DOB makes him too old to be an under 16 this season.

He was playing up year groups last season, as he was technically an under 16 but played for the under 18s and under 21s.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Any potential gems in this lot? I've heard quite a bit about Slattery, what about the others?

One of them is my nephew so I'd say him! Monk and GITR are probably best placed to offer an opinion, think they watch a bit more often than I do though.

Any potential gems in this lot? I've heard quite a bit about Slattery, what about the others?

Ben Cull has been playing for England so must have something about him, his younger brother is also in the Saints academy and is a GK, has also recently been called up to England for his age group.