Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly

marc_saint

Signing this guy is looking much more likely than VVD at the moment, koeman rightly not impressed by Saturdays defensive display and wants cover in as soon as possible and may not wait for Celtic to make up their mind over VVD

Signing this guy is looking much more likely than VVD at the moment, koeman rightly not impressed by Saturdays defensive display and wants cover in as soon as possible and may not wait for Celtic to make up their mind over VVD

You may be right. I hope we get both in because if KK can cover several defensive positions, all the better. The first two league games show defensive frailties beyond just CB.

According to wikipedia maybe this is why we are going for both:

I quite agree that we should sign both. Even if it is for the future - Defence is the one position where keeping the same players together is a big bonus so sorting out this area for the future (as well of course for this season) is a good idea. Good defensive players are a premium and Koulibaly and VVD could both end up as defensive midfielders so its an area we may not need to review at the start of 2016 season. I think this year will be a roller coaster ride but Koeman & Co will really want to have a go with a settled and experienced squad in the last year of his contract. For me - Koulibaly this week and VVD by the end of the window.

You may be right. I hope we get both in because if KK can cover several defensive positions, all the better. The first two league games show defensive frailties beyond just CB.

Agreed there are more defensive frailties targett isn't ready yet but he will be in a few years, problem is teams now know to concentrate on playing our weakest links targett & yoshida we really miss Bertrand too & both toby and clyne where a huge loss

Yeah probably not. I still think we don't have enough quality in midfield though.

Agree, but would prefer us to sign a midfielder instead of a defender and playing them in midfield though.

Think I'd prefer us to sign a CB who can also play RB, rather than a midfielder.

Wanyama, Davis, JWP, Reed, Romeu and Clasie should be enough to compete for those 3 CM positions. Can't see us signing Romeu and Clasie and then going and signing another unless Vic is going.

If Arsenal came in with a 25m bid for Wanyama, do you think we would accept it?

Remember he could of had a clause in his contract that he could go to a champions league team.

Yeah, probably, but the question is: why would Arsenal want Wanyama? Doesnt fit in with their style at all.

I'd take 20 million for him, let alone 25, particularly with the contract situation. Not good enough on the ball to justify a huge fee like that. He's a beast but everyone has a price

Let him go for 20 million at this point what a joke... Loosing Morgan was hard enough. Loosing Wanyama too and it would be a disaster.

Not convinced we're in for him but we could do with a bit of good news after sat.

Yeah it will be all good news until his first miss placed pass two minutes into his debut when the forum will conclude he's not good enough and start banging on about the toby shaped hole in our defence?

SAINTS’ KOULIBALY INTEREST

Southampton are interested in Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, according to Sky sources.

However, a former offer is yet to be made.

We understand Southampton's primary target remains Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk, but that move is dependent on whether the Scottish champions qualify for the Champions League group stages.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2Fserie-a%2Fesclusiva-tmw-ag-koulibaly-non-ha-intenzione-di-lasciare-napoli-717576&edit-text=&act=url

Bruno Satin, agent Kalidou Koulibaly, sheds light on the future of the center of Naples. Why in England they continue to chase the rumors on the boy: Everton, Southampton, Norwich now. "He has not changed his mind, nothing has changed compared to two weeks ago, explains Satin, when always Tuttomercatoweb.com reaffirmed the will of the boy to continue his adventure at the court of Sarri-. They run so many voices but the will of Bruno to remain at Napoli. The boy wants to stay and will still be the Napoli."

Yet in England we talk about numerous contenders for him.

"I read it too, can write what they want but there are possibilities not to maturity, is a player of Naples, has a contract with for many years and there is no reason to leave."

NORWICH ENTER KOULIBALY RACE

Norwich City have entered the race to sign Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, according to Sky Italia.

Southampton have already showed their interest for the player, although we understand a formal offer is yet to be submitted.

Norwich have not lodged their interested, with our colleagues in Italy reporting the Canaries are offering €11millions plus bonuses to bring the former France U20 international to Carrow Road