SKY/BT advice please.

Pedro

Can someone give me some help please, I have been a Sky subscriber since the beginning and now we have the full package, landline, broadband and all channels. We don't watch a fraction of them, never any films etc. mainly sports On Demand and Dave and pay well over £100 month. My wife also enjoys football so was wondering what you guys think. Can I trim a lot off Sky and subscribe to BT Sport, is it easy to "mix & match.

Thanks

Go online and find out the best BT deal, then phone up Sky to cancel because BT's deal is brilliant - be prepared to go almost as far as actually cancelling and they will offer you big discounts if you stay...

Or just cancel as I did recently. BT has all the same channels (including Dave), the broadband is a lot faster, BT sport is good enough for my needs and we stream whatever films you want. I switched and got a much better router, faster speeds and £140 free spend in Sainsbury and Next for (I think ) £15pm on a 18 month contract. Don't bother with 75mbs imo - its quite a bit more money and 37 is plenty to stream in HD.

To be honest you don't even need to try too hard to get SKY to reduce your subscription. Just phone them up and tell them you want to cancel. I did it three or four months ago and took the first offer they gave me which was a 50% reduction for 12 months. I've read other people have got even more. I guess your package is probably the same as mine as well. I did switch my broadband from them though and switched to BT - got the 37MB package for a tenner a month for 12 months. I'm sure I could get a cheaper TV and broadband package but I'm quite happy with what I've got at the moment.

You could just ditch the sport and films and get an android box or raspberry pi load on Kodi with Genesis and join sportsmania for £50.00 a year and you will have every series and all the sport you need with saints kick offs all in your front room.

Like others have said, call up and say you want to cancel. I did and got 50% off. They call my friends bluff recently and he thought he'd actually have to cancel, they called back a couple of days later and offered him the 50% off.

will do that in Sept.

I have already got rid of sports.

will see what they say

will do that in Sept.

I have already got rid of sports.

will see what they say

i had 75% off for a year, including sports.

Currently have 50% off for 6 months, including sports, but they also gave me a £50 credit.

Its a bit of a pain having to haggle each time, but I have never paid more than half price for Sky sports. didn't always get a cheap deal immediately, but that is what streams are for !!

i had 75% off for a year, including sports.

Currently have 50% off for 6 months, including sports, but they also gave me a £50 credit.

Its a bit of a pain having to haggle each time, but I have never paid more than half price for Sky sports. didn't always get a cheap deal immediately, but that is what streams are for !!

I currently have 20% off. Still got rid of the sports but see wha they say next month

I've binned Sky Sports and just use BT and the other free sports channels.

My high speed broadband, phone and TV comes in at £56.. That's with Virgin.

You're paying VM too much - I've now managed to get it down to £17.45 a month for 50 Mb Broadband and Phone.

Mind you, I had to get pretty medieval with them to get that price ...

Sky Sports is a must-have for me for the F1 unfortunately, otherwise I'd be tempted to bin it as well.

Signed up BT Infinity a few weeks ago and still aren't getting Fibre speeds (only 10mbps tops) so not exactly got a positive first impression from BT.

I changed to BT about 9 months ago.

Only downside for me is that the sports are shown via the broadband. My router and Youview box are not sat together so i had to buy some booster type things to be able to watch. It cuts out a fair bit so i tend to watch on the Ipad and cast to the TV.

Just phoned up Sky.

Even with their deals, there was no way they can come close to the TV/BB/Phone deal (with sports) that BT offer.

I was also told that I am unable to pay off my sky contract early. (it ends december not october)

I pointed out to the lady on the phone that I could as I was getting my info from their own website. which she disputed.

it was also 'pointed out to me' that the reason Sky is more expensive as their customer service is much better than BT and their equipment is much better than BT. Also, BT do not have a Sky Go service....

With BB (38mb unlimited use)/phone/Sky sports 1+2 with all of BT sport/BT TV entertainment Ultra HD package. I can get that for under £60 a month

Sky can get no where near that

Edited by Batman

Just phoned up Sky.

Even with their deals, there was no way they can come close to the TV/BB/Phone deal (with sports) that BT offer.

I was also told that I am unable to pay off my sky contract early. (it ends december not october)

I pointed out to the lady on the phone that I could as I was getting my info from their own website. which she disputed.

it was also 'pointed out to me' that the reason Sky is more expensive as their customer service is much better than BT and their equipment is much better than BT. Also, BT do not have a Sky Go service....

With BB (38mb unlimited use)/phone/Sky sports 1+2 with all of BT sport/BT TV entertainment Ultra HD package. I can get that for under £60 a month

Sky can get no where near that

Whilst you are still in contract, they will point things out to you.

Once you are out of contract, you can start pointing things out to them.